News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

You act like a complete shitbag to get the attention of a friend, you get the attention but not the friend.

I can't see myself ever taking you seriously again, given that you pull this shit like clockwork once every 6 months or so.

So it's not so much goodnight as "goodbye".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

rong

The Good Reverend Roger

rong

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 23, 2016, 07:51:22 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 23, 2016, 07:46:47 PM
Even if you were saying Clinton was doing it...if there was evidence to support that, then what, you're just meant to keep your mouth shut and be a good little Dem, because Hillary is owed the entire Democratic vote or something?  Fuck that noise.

At this point, I think time may be better spent preparing for how to handle a Trump presidency.

I think time is better spent making popcorn and getting ready to yuk it up as we do what we seem to be compelled to do once a century or so.

I am strapped in and ready for the ride of a lifetime. In some ways it's going to be disappointing if we get a Clinton win and everyone manages to brush all the excitement off as high-spirits.

For another four years at least.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cain

Looks like National Enquirer is in the tank for the Donald.

This Cruz affair thing looks suspicious as fuck, especially when at least two of the women are identifably Katrina Pierson (aka Miss "Live Bullets Make for a Great Necklace" Trump spokeslady) and a staffer for Carly Fiorina.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 25, 2016, 07:21:48 PM
Looks like National Enquirer is in the tank for the Donald.

This Cruz affair thing looks suspicious as fuck, especially when at least two of the women are identifably Katrina Pierson (aka Miss "Live Bullets Make for a Great Necklace" Trump spokeslady) and a staffer for Carly Fiorina.

Yeah, I didn't believe Squiggy could get any strange ass myself, but I am not in the business of helping Nazis.

Cain

Nazis lying about Nazis.

I'll be interested to see if this actually has any impact though.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 25, 2016, 09:30:48 PM
Nazis lying about Nazis.

I'll be interested to see if this actually has any impact though.

Remember Ernst Rohm?  Neither do I.

And naw, Cruz has no chance at all anyway.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A lady in a group I'm in posted this article and stated her response better than I ever could have:

http://qz.com/644985/privilege-is-what-allows-sanders-supporters-to-say-theyll-never-vote-for-clinton/

QuoteThis means that for those who are socially vulnerable, or would be under a GOP presidency are voting for their safety, their livelihoods, their health, or even possibly their lives. For them, the notion of 'bernieorbust' is unthinkable. It is only people who have a reasonable expectation of being able to ride out a GOP administration unscathed that have the luxury of sticking their noses in the air and wasting their vote. Yes, one should vote their conscience, but unless that conscience includes how your vote impacts others, you are being self-absorbed and privileged.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

what's really awesome is being told "the voters reflect on the candidate" or words to that effect.

Until you agree and say that you aren't voting for either candidate, no matter who wins the primary, because both candidates are supported by an ocean of digbags and useless partisan shitheads who can't agree long enough to outsmart Donald fucking Trump.

THEN you're "privileged", because the whole point of the FIRST exercise is that the voters reflect on any candidate as long as that candidate is not Hillary Clinton.

There are no standards or principles here, just expedience.

The Good Reverend Roger

Not that there isn't a level of privilege.  My kids, I found out a few years back, ARE Canadian citizens, are of age, and can fuck off whenever they like.  So can Jenn and I.  Hell, I wouldn't even have to change jobs.  I'd be more likely to stay, though, because a party is a party.

But if you think I'd for one minute regret what happens to people who already hold me in contempt, I'm just gonna have to laugh for a minute and then go back to not giving a shit.