News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Two friends in CT reporting voting problems (one was told she was ineligible to vote when she wasn't, another had his ballot rejected by the machine reader and was told to put it in the side). Both Sanders supporters, no surprise there.

Bruno

I have found myself in the position of actually considering the possibility of voting third party this year IF, by election time, I have decided that Clinton (assuming she is the Democratic candidate) has a solid ZERO chance of winning in Tennessee.
Formerly something else...

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Emo Howard on May 02, 2016, 06:13:47 PM
I have found myself in the position of actually considering the possibility of voting third party this year IF, by election time, I have decided that Clinton (assuming she is the Democratic candidate) has a solid ZERO chance of winning in Tennessee.

It's not a bad tactical vote if you're in a solid red or solid blue state to bump a third party's national numbers. The trick is figuring out which states are really "swing" states this year.

The Good Reverend Roger

But WHICH 3rd party?

Just because they're funnier doesn't make them better.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bruno

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on May 02, 2016, 07:02:56 PM

It's not a bad tactical vote if you're in a solid red or solid blue state to bump a third party's national numbers. The trick is figuring out which states are really "swing" states this year.

I also want to send a message that the Democratic party can nibble my taint.

You're right about swing states. There are a significant number of conservatives here who think Trump is bananas.

Bruno

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 02, 2016, 07:11:23 PM
But WHICH 3rd party?

That's a good question. I don't even know which ones will have a candidate in my state. Green party is the first one to come to mind, mostly in an "I would have voted Democrat, BUT..." kind of way.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Emo Howard on May 03, 2016, 04:29:49 AM
But WHICH 3rd party?

That's a good question. I don't even know which ones will have a candidate in my state. Green party is the first one to come to mind, mostly in an "I would have voted Democrat, BUT..." kind of way.

Oh, the cunts who handed the country over to George w Bush?  That Green Party?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bruno

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 03, 2016, 05:18:43 AM
But WHICH 3rd party?

Ah, shit. I had forgotten all about that. Had to google it to remind myself. Now I remember. That was the last election where I was able to convince myself that both parties were "pretty much the same".

East Coast Hustle

But WHICH 3rd party?

The Supreme Court is the Green Party? :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Q. G. Pennyworth

We've been having a running debate about who's to blame the most for the 2000 election. Current consensus in the office is Jeb Bush, the rest of the Bush Cabal, Al Gore, the Supreme Court, then Nader. Interestingly Nader doesn't get blame for the actual votes registered for him in the general, but for perpetuating the "THEY'RE ALL THE SAME" mindset that kept the election close enough for shenanigans to matter.

Pergamos

Quote from: Emo Howard on May 03, 2016, 04:15:27 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on May 02, 2016, 07:02:56 PM

I also want to send a message that the Democratic party can nibble my taint.

You're right about swing states. There are a significant number of conservatives here who think Trump is bananas.

I think the best "nibble my taint Dems" party is the greens.  Green voters pretty much always go Dem if they go major party, so it is clearly a vote that they lost. 

Pergamos

But WHICH 3rd party?

That is what tends to happen when enough people tell the Democrats to nibble their taints.  You'd think the Democratic establishment would have learned from that experience.

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on May 04, 2016, 01:40:04 AM
Ted Cruz just dropped out of the race

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/ted-cruz-drops-out-of-presidential-race-222763

Looks like its Trump versus Hillary in the general

which means "Trump", given the number of otherwise-intelligent people who think throwing a tantrum is more important than keeping actual Nazis out of power.

:lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Sanders wins Indiana by 6-7%.  Pledged delegates now at 1681/1360 Clinton.