News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I wonder if there may be some deep state fuckery directed Trump's way...when the CIA and Pentagon have already come out and called you insane and made it clear they will refuse illegal orders, then the whole "ruining American relations with China" (who isn't actively trying to dick America or NATO over) and make nice with Russia (who is), at a time when US military presence in Eastern Europe is so dangerously low Russia could probably steamroll everything east of the Vistula without breaking a sweat and it would take at least 12 months to just mobilize the forces to retake those territories...and when Russian-financed far-right parties are gaining ground in western Europe...

I mean, I'm not the only one who's seeing all this, right?  Someone on the NSC must be able to put this together without someone having to put together an infographic and slide show.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on May 04, 2016, 03:11:47 AM
I wonder if there may be some deep state fuckery directed Trump's way...when the CIA and Pentagon have already come out and called you insane and made it clear they will refuse illegal orders, then the whole "ruining American relations with China" (who isn't actively trying to dick America or NATO over) and make nice with Russia (who is), at a time when US military presence in Eastern Europe is so dangerously low Russia could probably steamroll everything east of the Vistula without breaking a sweat and it would take at least 12 months to just mobilize the forces to retake those territories...and when Russian-financed far-right parties are gaining ground in western Europe...

I mean, I'm not the only one who's seeing all this, right?  Someone on the NSC must be able to put this together without someone having to put together an infographic and slide show.

Um, if someone else is seeing this, they certainly aren't here in the USA.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Da6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiJYGV8faZw&feature=youtu.be

I was naively hoping Kasich could pull an 11th hour miracle. Glad Cruz is out, but this shit show is just starting. I'm starting to believe enough people might vehemently hate hilldog to allow this to happen.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

The Good Reverend Roger

Is it wrong that I am now looking forward to the tears of EITHER side of the democratic primary?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 04, 2016, 11:19:06 PM
Is it wrong that I am now looking forward to the tears of EITHER side of the democratic primary?

Wrong in an actual moral sense or in the sense of an ironic or off putting outcome?

Actually... question withdrawn. I'm going with no. Not wrong at all. Democrats need to be getting over it. If you were gnashing at the bit to see the party fully implode and by default back a true nightmare candidate unfit properly govern like the Republican Party just irreparably has... THAT might be kinda wrong IMO.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

So, fun fact: we in Massholevania elected our First Black Governor right before we helped elect Obama. The trajectories weren't identical, but you could draw parallels besides race.

Our most recent gubernatorial election pitted Charlie Baker (some white guy with a big head) against perennial candidate for _something_ and outspoken hater of the voting public, Martha Coakley. Coakley, who failed to secure the late Senator Kennedy's seat for the democrats in the special election, is widely and openly disliked everywhere. Yes, she is a member of the party who has "paid her dues," but she's been the Attorney General of the state for a while and made some real shit decisions while in office, and she seems incapable of making a good impression on anybody. But she has _name recognition_ so she keeps winning primaries. The dems, sad that no one else could take the nomination from her, were still convinced that the voters would suck it up because the alternative was so much worse.

Charlie Baker is governor now.

LMNO

Yes, but Baker isn't utterly insane.

Though he did let GE set up shop in the seaport.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: LMNO on May 05, 2016, 01:11:58 PM
Yes, but Baker isn't utterly insane.

Though he did let GE set up shop in the seaport.

He's not, but Deval Patrick was no Obama either.

Cain

True, but Obama was also never alleged to be a member of HIMEOBS.

LMNO

Cain

Incidentally, re: my earlier comments on Russia, Politico ran a story today that, since Trump is now the last nominee left standing, he and his staff will start getting intelligence briefs.  One problem: Trump's campaign has several people in it with extremely close links to Russia and have worked for Russian oligarchs before now. 

LMNO

Bruno

Quote from: Cain on May 05, 2016, 04:43:46 PM
Incidentally, re: my earlier comments on Russia, Politico ran a story today that, since Trump is now the last nominee left standing, he and his staff will start getting intelligence briefs.  One problem: Trump's campaign has several people in it with extremely close links to Russia and have worked for Russian oligarchs before now.

can I get a link to that?
Formerly something else...

Cain

Bruno

Formerly something else...