News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pergamos

So Nevada was a mess, and now the Democratic establishment is pushing the idea that Sanders supporters are violent, really hard.  Whether this is true or not isn't really the point, at least not in my eyes, since it so closely mirrors the way that black lives matter, Occupy, and the Seattle WTO protests were deligitimized in the public eye by calling them violent protests.  Philadelphia is going to be a shitshow.

Also, what the votes would really have come out as in Nevada is also beside the point.  It would not have been enough to make a difference, but it's a crucial narrative moment, for both sides.  Berners get to see the election being stolen, moderates get to see violence and good reason for the skull cracking and tear gas that will be coming in Philly.

QueenThera

A question occurs to me.

How easy is it to immigrate to Canada? Should I be starting the paperwork for that now, or can it wait for a confirmation of Trump winning the presidency?

There are too many jokes about preparing for Trump online, not enough actual advice.
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

Pergamos

Quote from: BrotherPrickle on May 19, 2016, 09:42:12 PM
A question occurs to me.

How easy is it to immigrate to Canada? Should I be starting the paperwork for that now, or can it wait for a confirmation of Trump winning the presidency?

There are too many jokes about preparing for Trump online, not enough actual advice.

Hard.  Canada is a great place to live and they don't want everyone taking advantage of that. 

QueenThera

Quote from: Pergamos on May 19, 2016, 10:04:58 PM
A question occurs to me.

Hard.  Canada is a great place to live and they don't want everyone taking advantage of that.
I'd like to go over with my girlfriend, four children, and my ailing mother ideally.

... I don't have a chance in hell of being able to plan this out properly.
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: BrotherPrickle on May 19, 2016, 10:51:57 PM
A question occurs to me.

I'd like to go over with my girlfriend, four children, and my ailing mother ideally.

As long as you're fabulously wealthy they'll welcome you and your brood with open arms.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: BrotherPrickle on May 19, 2016, 10:51:57 PM
A question occurs to me.

That's probably not realistic. Easiest way to get in is to marry a Canadian.

LMNO

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LMNO on May 20, 2016, 05:07:39 PM
"Anchor 'Murricans"

I see an opportunity for like a "little chapel on the border" chain. The physical locations would mostly be for very "chop-chop" ceremony and signing services. The real function would be an app and "very stringent (and lucrative) matching algorithms." Other than taking sorting by gender preference quite seriously all matching is done purely by gut feeling and for teh lulz, the waivers ironclad, and fees non-refundable.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Vanadium Gryllz

So it looks like there's more and more stuff turning up re: Rodders' emails/lack of security standards.

Will she be indicted?

Sanders and Trump are talking about debating each other... should be interesting to see who comes out on top there... and how many pops are taken at HRC for not being there.

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Pergamos

I was hoping she would be, prior to the Dem convention.  I don't think she will, and if she is after the convention that will be rather blatant interference in an election.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

If she is, they better go after Condi and Powell too.

Seems like this was SOP for Secretaries of State, going by what I've read of the most recent report (not much, admittedly).

But they probably wont be, because the Bush years are like some sort of fever dream which, if you go by people who are actually in politics, never actually happened.

LMNO

Wanted to see if this holds up under scrutiny, or if there's some bigger picture I'm missing.