News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

The final figure, at least, is in the right ballpark - politifact examined some claims in April which gave Clinton 2.4 million more votes than Sanders.  Taking into account recent losses, that number seems in the area of being right.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on May 29, 2016, 05:44:32 PM
But they probably wont be, because the Bush years are like some sort of fever dream which, if you go by people who are actually in politics, never actually happened.

I know it doesn't seem like it could have happened.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on May 29, 2016, 08:27:43 PM
The final figure, at least, is in the right ballpark - politifact examined some claims in April which gave Clinton 2.4 million more votes than Sanders.  Taking into account recent losses, that number seems in the area of being right.

which makes the fuckery very Nixon-esque.  She was going to win without wasserman-Schultze's "help".

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

well, 81% of Sander's voters have gone over to Clinton, and 8% have gone over to Trump, leaving only the hardcore Bernie Bros, most of whom have decided that he's a "sellout" for doing what he said he'd do, and are now voting for Jill Stein's stupid ass.

LMNO

From the "Some people just want to watch the world burn" department...

http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2016/07/07/you-need-to-suck-it-up-and-vote-for-trump-n2188770

QuoteDonald Trump is a vulgar clown posing as a conservative, unmoored to any coherent ideology. He has generated unprecedented opposition and the contempt of people across the political spectrum. He is unbound to any principle other than his own appetite for adulation. And those very factors that make him so appalling also make him America's only hope.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on July 07, 2016, 08:48:50 PM

http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2016/07/07/you-need-to-suck-it-up-and-vote-for-trump-n2188770

QuoteDonald Trump is a vulgar clown posing as a conservative, unmoored to any coherent ideology. He has generated unprecedented opposition and the contempt of people across the political spectrum. He is unbound to any principle other than his own appetite for adulation. And those very factors that make him so appalling also make him America's only hope.

Note: he said this in 2013:

QuoteLet's be clear – being a veteran is not a "Get out of work free" card that excuses you from the basic responsibility of supporting yourself and your family. If I pass a bum with a sign reading "Homeless Vet," I don't feel an overpowering surge of solidarity. I feel disgusted that another low-life is trying to milk sympathy off a proud status that millions of us earned with our blood and sweat and years of our lives.

POFP

:crackhead:

Quote from: Cain on July 07, 2016, 08:53:31 PM

Note: he said this in 2013:

QuoteLet's be clear – being a veteran is not a "Get out of work free" card that excuses you from the basic responsibility of supporting yourself and your family. If I pass a bum with a sign reading "Homeless Vet," I don't feel an overpowering surge of solidarity. I feel disgusted that another low-life is trying to milk sympathy off a proud status that millions of us earned with our blood and sweat and years of our lives.

I mean, the irony is so blunt... Are we sure he's not  :troll: ? I mean, this sounds like it came straight from Clickhole.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Cain

What should really worry you is the guy who wrote that is a trial lawyer and was previously a colonel in the Army.

Is your professional officer classes learning?  Sadly, nope.

POFP

Quote from: Cain on July 09, 2016, 03:51:51 PM
What should really worry you is the guy who wrote that is a trial lawyer and was previously a colonel in the Army.

What the actual fuck? I don't think a serious ex-colonel would "troll" like this. He must be a serious sack of shit.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 09, 2016, 04:18:15 PM

What the actual fuck? I don't think a serious ex-colonel would "troll" like this. He must be a serious sack of shit.

The military is full of scum, and I am honestly not suprised a lawyer that was a colonel would say that. Odds are he went to law school, joined as a captain, and never actually led troops.

Junkenstein

Out of curiosity, what is the feeling of the military to the two candidates? I can't see them being overly fond of either.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

POFP

Quote from: Don Coyote on July 11, 2016, 02:59:37 PM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 09, 2016, 04:18:15 PM

The military is full of scum, and I am honestly not suprised a lawyer that was a colonel would say that. Odds are he went to law school, joined as a captain, and never actually led troops.

Ah, yes. I forgot college puts you at higher ranks. Good point.

LMNO

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 11, 2016, 03:02:47 PM
Out of curiosity, what is the feeling of the military to the two candidates? I can't see them being overly fond of either.

You mean of Clinton and Trump?

Clinton, based on her Sec. State time, seems hawkish, USA-policing-the-world sort of thing. Like neocon lite.

Trump wants to make the Middle East a glass parking lot.

Junkenstein

Badly phrased question sorry was trying to ask if the military branches prefer either candidate above the other. Suspect Clinton's likely aims will not be too popular but Trump is also retarded with questionable aims/ goals so....
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.