News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Best reference point is that while they've remained quiet on Hillary, they've publicly denounced some/most of Trump's suggestions on how to deal with terrorism.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Sanders tossed the sponge in today.

On FB, watching Berners immolate themselves.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

You should totally sign up to Reddit.

https://np.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/ is hilarious right now.

QuoteThe entire point of running against Clinton was to fight corruption on the part of the DNC and the government. If you're so quick to get back behind that corruption, good luck.

While I wish Bernie had endorsed Trump instead, I feel the wiser option would have just been to publicly state after the convention that he was endorsing nobody.

QuoteLooks like I'm voting trump. And don't give me any of this a true Bernie supporter would never vote for trump. It's time to accept this nations fate. Yes, I would love Jill Stein but it's not happening. Anyone but Hilary has my vote and the most likely to defeat her is trump.

Quotebernie sanders has been a man working in the system his entire life. he was never outside of it, he has never fought it. he was controlled opposition and today he revealed his true colors. He cultivated you like little voter plants and now he is giving you to his master to harvest.

QuoteEndorsing her shows that he isn't the man of principles and conviction he ran his entire campaign based off of. All I'm saying is he has proven he is just another politician that will default to toting the party line just like EVERYONE else. He is not the courageous man who will put himself on the line for what he believes in, and will cower to political pressure. He is no different from other politicians.

He doesn't have to say "I will do anything I can to make sure Hilary is the next president" in order to prevent Trump from driving a wedge. There is a massive middle ground there.

Quotewtf are you talking about. This man that was so anti establishment... so anti everything hililary ciltron, bites the dust and endorses cilnton. Sorry but thats the sign of a weak man. A man that would never have made a difference. This true colors are flying now, hes a sellout.

QuoteYeah he lit a spark, and just now he helped to snuff it out. It just adds to the apathy my friends who already thought everything was corrupt feel.

Bernie did what Clinton never could, drive a steak in the heart of his movement by showing it was all a ploy all along.

And so old what else did he have left to lose? The spectre of the boogyman Trump made Sanders go scared to corruption?

Of course, this is the subreddit which spawned this legendary copypasta after the New York primary:

QuoteHoly shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is he losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Trump to be president and fix this broken country. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought he was polling well in New York???? This is so fucked.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on July 13, 2016, 01:52:17 AM
QuoteYeah he lit a spark, and just now he helped to snuff it out. It just adds to the apathy my friends who already thought everything was corrupt feel.

Bernie did what Clinton never could, drive a steak in the heart of his movement by showing it was all a ploy all along.

And so old what else did he have left to lose? The spectre of the boogyman Trump made Sanders go scared to corruption?

:lulz: Somehow this is my favorite part.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on July 13, 2016, 01:52:17 AM
You should totally sign up to Reddit.

https://np.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/ is hilarious right now.

QuoteThe entire point of running against Clinton was to fight corruption on the part of the DNC and the government. If you're so quick to get back behind that corruption, good luck.

While I wish Bernie had endorsed Trump instead, I feel the wiser option would have just been to publicly state after the convention that he was endorsing nobody.

QuoteLooks like I'm voting trump. And don't give me any of this a true Bernie supporter would never vote for trump. It's time to accept this nations fate. Yes, I would love Jill Stein but it's not happening. Anyone but Hilary has my vote and the most likely to defeat her is trump.

Quotebernie sanders has been a man working in the system his entire life. he was never outside of it, he has never fought it. he was controlled opposition and today he revealed his true colors. He cultivated you like little voter plants and now he is giving you to his master to harvest.

QuoteEndorsing her shows that he isn't the man of principles and conviction he ran his entire campaign based off of. All I'm saying is he has proven he is just another politician that will default to toting the party line just like EVERYONE else. He is not the courageous man who will put himself on the line for what he believes in, and will cower to political pressure. He is no different from other politicians.

He doesn't have to say "I will do anything I can to make sure Hilary is the next president" in order to prevent Trump from driving a wedge. There is a massive middle ground there.

Quotewtf are you talking about. This man that was so anti establishment... so anti everything hililary ciltron, bites the dust and endorses cilnton. Sorry but thats the sign of a weak man. A man that would never have made a difference. This true colors are flying now, hes a sellout.

Of course, this is the subreddit which spawned this legendary copypasta after the New York primary:

QuoteHoly shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is he losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Trump to be president and fix this broken country. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought he was polling well in New York???? This is so fucked.

WOW. Such delicious manbaby tears.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Of course, this is nothing in comparison to what will happen if Trump loses in November (or, as is rumoured may happen, he steps down at the convention).

The Trump subreddit, "The_Donald" is made up of the worst refuse the internet alt-right has to offer and almost pathologically disobeys Reddit site-wide rules.  It's speculated that the only reason it hasn't already been banned is because it would harm Reddit's reputation, shutting down the official campaign subreddit in the middle of an election.  The minute the election is done it is likely toast, though.

And when that happens, it will make last year's "Fat People Hate" drama pale into comparison.  That was the one where the front page of reddit was dominated for 3 days by pictures of CEO Ellen Pao being depicted as Hitler, because she wouldn't let the FatPeopleHate subreddit harass and stalk its users, or attempt to DDoS Reddit partner site Imgur.  Lots of former FPHers are also on The_Donald...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on July 13, 2016, 04:52:13 AM
Of course, this is nothing in comparison to what will happen if Trump loses in November (or, as is rumoured may happen, he steps down at the convention).

The Trump subreddit, "The_Donald" is made up of the worst refuse the internet alt-right has to offer and almost pathologically disobeys Reddit site-wide rules.  It's speculated that the only reason it hasn't already been banned is because it would harm Reddit's reputation, shutting down the official campaign subreddit in the middle of an election.  The minute the election is done it is likely toast, though.

And when that happens, it will make last year's "Fat People Hate" drama pale into comparison.  That was the one where the front page of reddit was dominated for 3 days by pictures of CEO Ellen Pao being depicted as Hitler, because she wouldn't let the FatPeopleHate subreddit harass and stalk its users, or attempt to DDoS Reddit partner site Imgur.  Lots of former FPHers are also on The_Donald...

Now I have to sign up.   :lulz:

Cain

With The_Donald, I would recommend waiting until he loses/steps down before you strike.

For all their whining about free speech, they will ban you at the first indication you are not 100% on the Trump train.  I have an alt ready to go on the day that happens, and I am going to rub their nose into it and mock their loser Dear Leader

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on July 13, 2016, 04:57:21 AM
With The_Donald, I would recommend waiting until he loses/steps down before you strike.

For all their whining about free speech, they will ban you at the first indication you are not 100% on the Trump train.  I have an alt ready to go on the day that happens, and I am going to rub their nose into it and mock their loser Dear Leader

Sounds like a plan.  I'm just gonna lurk for a while.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 11, 2016, 03:02:47 PM
Out of curiosity, what is the feeling of the military to the two candidates? I can't see them being overly fond of either.

I know people that were talking about voting for Trump waaaaaay back when it seemed impossible he would be the front runner.

Cain

Mike Pence is strongly rumoured to be Trump's running mate.

ABC and the BBC are confident enough to state that's the case, at least.

LMNO

Weird of me to say this, but I'm really glad Trump is the nominee.

Cruz' speech last night showed that he'd have been a real threat, rhetorically, against Clinton.  Scariest thing I heard all night.

Junkenstein

Apparently NATO is now on Trump's shit list.

At this rate he'll be promising to blow up one of the US states just to show terrorists how serious he really is about having a good time.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.