News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

LMNO

Incidentally, I heard a new (to me) portmanteau: "Sandernistas".  Seems fitting.

Cain

You need to go on social media more.  That's been swirling around since Feburary or so, I think

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pergamos

Quote from: Cain on July 26, 2016, 05:49:46 PM
You need to go on social media more.  That's been swirling around since Feburary or so, I think

It's been around since Sanders expressed his support for the actual Sandanistas, back when they were a viable thing.  So quite a bit longer than February.

LMNO

Cain

The NYT is now reporting the hacked documents may have been altered.

Basically, the metadata in the leaked files posted by Wikileaks is in Russian.  This means one of two things.  Either the hackers opened up the emails in Word and saved them....or they opened them up in Word, selectively edited them to make them look a bit spicier, and then saved them.  No-one knows.

I'm inclined to believe they weren't edited, because quite frankly if they were the revelations would be a lot more damaging.  But Wikileaks does not give any fucks either way regarding the possibility, apparently, or else they would have noticed the same thing and asked for the raw files.

Junkenstein

QuoteI'm inclined to believe they weren't edited, because quite frankly if they were the revelations would be a lot more damaging.  But Wikileaks does not give any fucks either way regarding the possibility, apparently, or else they would have noticed the same thing and asked for the raw files.

Wikileaks aside for the moment, is not the hack in and of its-self, regardless on contents revealed, an indication of general security arrangements? Clinton has had plenty of shit of late over email severs and possible security lapses so I'd suggest that part of the motive is just to feed that narrative more. "Oh look, now they've left X accessible, she can't possibly be trusted with national security". I think this may be one of those unusual hacks where it's not so much about any information, just pointing out that X is not as secure as X claims, indirectly boosting Y's credentials.

The fun will really start if there's some kind of Trump hack because you just know so much of his material is going to be quite libellous.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 27, 2016, 09:45:00 AM
QuoteI'm inclined to believe they weren't edited, because quite frankly if they were the revelations would be a lot more damaging.  But Wikileaks does not give any fucks either way regarding the possibility, apparently, or else they would have noticed the same thing and asked for the raw files.

Wikileaks aside for the moment, is not the hack in and of its-self, regardless on contents revealed, an indication of general security arrangements? Clinton has had plenty of shit of late over email severs and possible security lapses so I'd suggest that part of the motive is just to feed that narrative more. "Oh look, now they've left X accessible, she can't possibly be trusted with national security". I think this may be one of those unusual hacks where it's not so much about any information, just pointing out that X is not as secure as X claims, indirectly boosting Y's credentials.

The fun will really start if there's some kind of Trump hack because you just know so much of his material is going to be quite libellous.

There won't be.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 27, 2016, 09:45:00 AM

Clinton doesn't run the DNC, so that line of logic would be quite a stretch. Then again, people seem to have bought that some random staffer inadvertently inserted Michelle Obama's speech into Melania Trump's speech and somehow, nobody noticed until after it was delivered, sooo...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

OK.  I'm feeling less like I'm on crazy pills now.

Though Trump was asked about the DNC hack, and basically said "I hope Putin has Clinton's emails too".  And talked about her VP "Tom Kean", advocated torture and withdrawal from the Geneva Convention.

LMNO

I believe he openly invited Putin to hack Hillary as well, didn't he?

Cain