News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Will be interesting to see how much traction this all gains. It's also stunning that any warning have been largely ignored. I mean, I see that happening for profit but after the second/third guy finds an issue, at least one of these will have already offered the information to something less than reputable.

It's pretty much guaranteed the aftermath as a shitshow now in any event. Who-ever wins is going to get tarnished with this somehow.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

And we haven't seen anything yet.  It's called an "October Surprise" for a reason.

Whatever gets leaked in the final 2 weeks of the election is going to make this look like a storm in a teacup by comparison.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to see actual violence.

Junkenstein

Undoubtedly, the real question is between whom and why? When you consider that the UK, with it's comparatively non-existent level of guns had an MP shot dead quite recently, it's reasonable to assume that some are likely to escalate matters sooner or later. The recent police issues don't suggest it's going to be a mild over-reaction and a cream pie as the probable weapon of choice.

Book's wide open, Even money on practically anything you'd care to name.

LMNO

Well, I finally heard the story on local news, so it's trickled down that far, at least.

LMNO

Heh-- Trump's doing an AMA on Reddit in 15 minutes. Anyone plan on watching?

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on July 27, 2016, 11:44:19 PM
Heh-- Trump's doing an AMA on Reddit in 15 minutes. Anyone plan on watching?

I'm sort of tempted, but I suspect it's going to be brigaded to fuck by the The_Donald members, so any actually interesting questions will be downvoted into oblivion.

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 27, 2016, 11:18:34 PM
Undoubtedly, the real question is between whom and why? When you consider that the UK, with it's comparatively non-existent level of guns had an MP shot dead quite recently, it's reasonable to assume that some are likely to escalate matters sooner or later. The recent police issues don't suggest it's going to be a mild over-reaction and a cream pie as the probable weapon of choice.

Book's wide open, Even money on practically anything you'd care to name.

John Robb's suggested civil war.  I don't think things would go that far, but generalised riots, irate Trump supporters, black nationalist offshoots, genuine Neo-Nazis....maybe National Guard mobilised in response.  Or ISIS could take advantage and throw a molotov-cocktailed flavoured spanner into the works.

Junkenstein

I'm still waiting to see who ISIS declares for.

I'm only half joking with that.

LMNO

"We won't attack the USA if Trump is elected."

Fuck. That would work.

Junkenstein

Quote from: LMNO on July 28, 2016, 12:10:26 AM
"We won't attack the USA if Trump is elected."

Fuck. That would work.

"We think we can work with Clinton to reform the region to accomodate the Caliphate".

They could go either way, and might just. You know you can't actually rule it out because it's just stupid enough to happen now.

Junkenstein

Cain

And while I'm here

http://uk.businessinsider.com/russia-internet-trolls-and-donald-trump-2016-7?r=US&IR=T

QuoteRussia's troll factories were, at one point, likely being paid by the Kremlin to spread pro-Trump propaganda on social media.

That is what freelance journalist Adrian Chen, now a staff writer at The New Yorker, discovered as he was researching Russia's "army of well-paid trolls" for an explosive New York Times Magazine exposé published in June 2015.

"A very interesting thing happened," Chen told Longform's Max Linsky in a podcast in December.

"I created this list of Russian trolls when I was researching. And I check on it once in a while, still. And a lot of them have turned into conservative accounts, like fake conservatives. I don't know what's going on, but they're all tweeting about Donald Trump and stuff," he said.