Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Again, It's a laughing sound.

Oh, this is going to be so much more of a shitshow than I thought a week ago, and it's only likely to get worse.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

What do you guys think the odds are that a Trump presidency would cause the actual end of he world (as opposed to "merely" a police state and/or another pointless war and/or an America as bankrupt as everything else that Trump's ever ran)?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on July 28, 2016, 12:23:24 AM
And while I'm here

http://uk.businessinsider.com/russia-internet-trolls-and-donald-trump-2016-7?r=US&IR=T

QuoteRussia's troll factories were, at one point, likely being paid by the Kremlin to spread pro-Trump propaganda on social media.

That is what freelance journalist Adrian Chen, now a staff writer at The New Yorker, discovered as he was researching Russia's "army of well-paid trolls" for an explosive New York Times Magazine exposé published in June 2015.

"A very interesting thing happened," Chen told Longform's Max Linsky in a podcast in December.

"I created this list of Russian trolls when I was researching. And I check on it once in a while, still. And a lot of them have turned into conservative accounts, like fake conservatives. I don't know what's going on, but they're all tweeting about Donald Trump and stuff," he said.

I knew this election cycle was going to be funny. I just didn't realize HOW funny.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Siggie (Jasper) has decided that I am the biggest bottom-boil ever, for reasons that should (but do not) surprise me:

1.  I refuse to acknowledge that Bernie should have won the primary just because he had less votes.

2.  And because I refuse to agree that "progressive's" votes are super special and they wanted it so bad.

3.  when a "progressive" says "I will never ever ever vote for Hillary", I miss my cue and don't start licking their arses and begging them to do so.  Instead I make fun of them.  Then he says he's not kidding and he's done with me and waaaah.

4.  Then he used my real name, so I blocked his ass. 

The reason I bring this up is that it represents - as far as I've seen - about 99.9% of the remaining hardcore berners.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 28, 2016, 03:33:55 AM
Siggie (Jasper) has decided that I am the biggest bottom-boil ever, for reasons that should (but do not) surprise me:

1.  I refuse to acknowledge that Bernie should have won the primary just because he had less votes.

2.  And because I refuse to agree that "progressive's" votes are super special and they wanted it so bad.

3.  when a "progressive" says "I will never ever ever vote for Hillary", I miss my cue and don't start licking their arses and begging them to do so.  Instead I make fun of them.  Then he says he's not kidding and he's done with me and waaaah.

4.  Then he used my real name, so I blocked his ass. 

The reason I bring this up is that it represents - as far as I've seen - about 99.9% of the remaining hardcore berners.

They sound more like the actions of an arse-biscuit to me.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cain

So regarding that Trump AMA on Reddit, someone asked Trump what he was going to do to end the corrupting influence of money in politics (one of the seven questions he actually answered, btw).

As it turns out, Obama was also asked this question when he did an AMA on Reddit, years ago.  Compare and contrast their answers:

Quote from: ObamaMoney has always been a factor in politics, but we are seeing something new in the no-holds barred flow of seven and eight figure checks, most undisclosed, into super-PACs; they fundamentally threaten to overwhelm the political process over the long run and drown out the voices of ordinary citizens. We need to start with passing the Disclose Act that is already written and been sponsored in Congress - to at least force disclosure of who is giving to who. We should also pass legislation prohibiting the bundling of campaign contributions from lobbyists. Over the longer term, I think we need to seriously consider mobilizing a constitutional amendment process to overturn Citizens United (assuming the Supreme Court doesn't revisit it). Even if the amendment process falls short, it can shine a spotlight of the super-PAC phenomenon and help apply pressure for change.

Quote from: TrumpKeeping Crooked Hillary Clinton out of the White House!

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

Is there a summary somewhere, or do I have to wade into Reddit to find it?

Junkenstein

It's barely worth it for seven sentences, really.

If anyone was slightly arsed they could probably guess at least two or three based on the above response.

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 28, 2016, 01:47:38 PM
I assume that's one of his more substantial answers?

Yes.  NASA good, voter fraud bad, Hillary crooked.

Quote from: LMNO on July 28, 2016, 01:48:28 PM
do I have to wade into Reddit to find it?

Yes, but I'd recommend reading it via https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/4uxifu/donald_trump_ama_megathread/ than the thread itself.

Junkenstein

Sweet vishnu:

Might be waiting a while since the_donald mods have stickied a comment onto the post saying they will remove comments form new accounts and comments that break their rules about criticizing Trump or the mods. -/u/stopscopiesme
11:17 EST: A post titled Hey /u/spez fuck you and your cuck admin team gets over 4000 upvotes. Spez (the CEO of reddit) then stickies an announcement in the subreddit, -stopscopiesme
09:33 CEST; The_Donald rage against Reddit in general and Spez in particular continues: "Officially calling for /u/spez to step down" (3,5K+ upvotes; besides a ton of other submissions on their front page decrying perceived Reddit censorship. Also, a lot of salt because /r/enoughtrumpspam managed to get the famous nude painting of Trump to /r/all - trumping the AMA itself. In 'revenge' they're mounting a campaign to upvote a nude painting of Hillary to r/all. - JebusGobson

Classier by the day.

Cain

That's pretty much The_Donald all over.  "Free speech", but no criticising Trump, while making fun of SJWs for having safe zones.  Their lead mod is also a self-admitted rapist.

Meanwhile...https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/republican-security-experts-request-congressional-investigation-of-dnc-hack/2016/07/28/81fa5cb8-550e-11e6-bbf5-957ad17b4385_story.html?postshare=6821469751846917&tid=ss_tw

QuoteTwo dozen Republican national security experts signed a letter to congressional leaders Thursday asking for an immediate investigation into the cyberattack on the Democratic National Committee, writing that "this is not a partisan issue" but rather "an assault on the integrity of the entire American political process."

The letter, signed by conservative luminaries of the Reagan and Bush administrations, urges political leaders to reject any effort to seek partisan advantage from the hack and its fallout.

"Congress has a responsibility to get to the bottom of this extraordinary breach, not only to determine who was responsible but also to consider the appropriate response," reads the letter signed by Republican foreign policy hawks such as Elliott Abrams, who served as an assistant secretary of state in the Reagan administration and as deputy national security adviser under President George W. Bush.

Faust

Has anyone asked trump if he will parden snowden?
I'm fairly certain that given trumps winging it on the fly, there's a 50% chance he'd say yes.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Quote from: Faust on July 29, 2016, 03:20:39 AM
Has anyone asked trump if he will parden snowden?
I'm fairly certain that given trumps winging it on the fly, there's a 50% chance he'd say yes.

Trump said if he was President there would be no question that Putin would extradite him to the USA, and that he would prosecute him under the Espionage Act, as he is a "total traitor".