News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

The most recent hack - the one people are just reporting on a few hours ago - appears to have been carried out by "Advanced Persistent Threat 28", aka Sofacy Group, aka "Fancy Bear".

They're even more obviously a Russian hacker group than APT 29, who carried out the DNC hack last month.  As in, it's been widely known for months now.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Brother Nihil on July 30, 2016, 01:56:26 AM
Has it been 3 years already? Did you miss me?

Roger, answer one question for me please: are you a jew?

No, but I play one on TV.

Shut your Nazi cakehole.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/759191265988653056

QuoteHillary Clinton should not be given national security briefings in that she is a lose cannon with extraordinarily bad judgement & insticts.

Quotelose cannon with extraordinarily bad judgement & insticts

Quotelose cannon

Quoteinsticts

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on July 30, 2016, 04:57:16 AM

QuoteHillary Clinton should not be given national security briefings in that she is a lose cannon with extraordinarily bad judgement & insticts.

Quotelose cannon

Quoteinsticts

I like how his method is to simply say things and hope people believe them. And then, somehow, people do.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

His Twitter feed is somewhat similar to the output of a child who took too much Ritalin.  I'm only surprised that tweet didn't manage to work a #CrookedHillary and more ALL CAPS in there.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Cain on July 30, 2016, 04:57:16 AM

Quotelose cannon

Quoteinsticts

More relevant than the spelling mistakes is the fact that that describes him much better than it describes Hillary, especially the loose cannon part. Plus the accusation doesn't even line up with the standard anti-Hillary rhetoric; isn't she supposed to be a coldly calculating white-collar criminal manipulator?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Cain

More relevant for sure, but not as funny.

You know what else is funny?  Clinton is now the only Presidential candidate not to have voiced anti-vaccine conspiracy theories  :lulz:

POFP

Quote from: Cain on July 31, 2016, 12:46:04 AM

You know what else is funny?  Clinton is now the only Presidential candidate not to have voiced anti-vaccine conspiracy theories  :lulz:

:popcorn:
This Certified Popeā„¢ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh god why. Why is this happening. How did we get here? This is not what 2016 was supposed to be like.  :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 31, 2016, 05:12:01 AM

Oh god why. Why is this happening. How did we get here? This is not what 2016 was supposed to be like.  :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth:

Indeed. This was all supposed to happen in 2012. According to mistranslations of the ancient Mayans at any rate.

(Seriously, what estimate do you guys give of the odds that a Trump presidency would cause the literal end of the world? I think it would put us at least back into Cold War era territory with regard to chances of a world-ending man-made cataclysm)
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

CBXTN

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on July 31, 2016, 05:52:33 AM

Indeed. This was all supposed to happen in 2012. According to mistranslations of the ancient Mayans at any rate.

(Seriously, what estimate do you guys give of the odds that a Trump presidency would cause the literal end of the world? I think it would put us at least back into Cold War era territory with regard to chances of a world-ending man-made cataclysm)

A trump presidency, like a laxative, would only encourage the natural progression of a large scale violent uprising across the country.
A clinton presidency would be another 4 years of constipation.

Pergamos

Unlikely IMO, he's more Mussolini than Hitler and Hitler didn't end the world.  He's mostly going to piss off our allies, who aren't going to provoke a war over it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Quote from: Pergamos on July 31, 2016, 06:53:27 AM

Unlikely IMO, he's more Mussolini than Hitler and Hitler didn't end the world.  He's mostly going to piss off our allies, who aren't going to provoke a war over it.

Agreed, though I can imagine at least one potential nuclear war scenario arising from a Trump Presidency.  It's not likely, but it's possible:

Emboldened by a Trump Presidency, Russia steps up covert destabilisation operations in the Baltic nations, maybe in hope of creating conditions whereby they can intervene as they did in the Crimea, with "little green men" and "self-defence militias" everywhere, maybe just to be dicks.

Concerned by Trump's lack of support for NATO unified collective security policies, Baltic nations increase military spending and adopt an aggressive posture against Russian military interference.

Cue "security dilemma", whereby spiralling military commitments to the border caused by mutual suspicion cause both sides to feel on the brink of war.

No longer certain of American intentions, the Baltic nations approach France and the UK to shore up their military and diplomatic muscle.

Neither France or the UK are suitable stand-ins for American forces, though they cannot be discounted as easily as Baltic nation military forces.  The UK and France however, are both second-strike capable nuclear powers, capable of launching a decapitation strike on Russia even in the event of Russian strikes on those respective countries.

You now have a direct military stand-off between three nuclear powers, on a very uncertain border, involving countries who have significant Russian populations who have been treated especially poorly, in a 24 hour social media driven political landscape.

One idiot with a bomb or a gun could be enough to set things off.

However, my feeling is that we will see more unrest in the Balkans, Baltic, Middle East and South China Sea generally, as a variety of nations attempt to push President Trump's buttons and see how he reacts, if he does at all.  Its what I'd do, in their place.  Give him a short, sharp smack in the mouth and see if he flinches, and whether he doubles down, is all bark or can respond effectively.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CBXTN on July 31, 2016, 05:59:58 AM

A trump presidency, like a laxative, would only encourage the natural progression of a large scale violent uprising across the country.

:lulz:

There will be no revolution as long as the TV works.