News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Accelerationism never considers that the only thing it is pushing us closer to is the Great Filter

Cain

You may want to look at Trump's latest ABC interview

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/01/donald-trumps-abc-interview-may-be-his-bestworst-yet/?wpisrc=nl_most-draw4&wpmm=1

Includes some hilarious backpedaling/denial/trying to have your cake and eat it on Russia, Ukraine and NATO.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on August 01, 2016, 11:32:01 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/01/donald-trumps-abc-interview-may-be-his-bestworst-yet/?wpisrc=nl_most-draw4&wpmm=1

Includes some hilarious backpedaling/denial/trying to have your cake and eat it on Russia, Ukraine and NATO.

The highlights are a nice touch.

Increasingly convinced this is how we will get the beast and the smiler. In 3 cycles it's just going to be trump classic vs trump original.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That interview really highlights that Trump's strategy is to just insist the same things over and over, and hope that people just believe them, regardless of evidence.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yep. People believe what they hear, and it's very difficult to undo those beliefs.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

See how well it worked with the whole "Hillary is a liar and a criminal" thing... we now have liberals who believe that just because it's been repeated so incredibly often. It's total bullshit, but if you say bullshit enough times, you will convince the people who want to believe it.

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 02, 2016, 06:44:05 PM

That interview really highlights that Trump's strategy is to just insist the same things over and over, and hope that people just believe them, regardless of evidence.

I believe Scott Adams (Writer/artist of comic strip "Dilbert") did a bit on Trump being an absurdly effective propagandist. He was basically saying that regardless of your position, his skill with generalizations and shifting attention from one topic to another were almost unparalleled, and that that's why he was winning the nomination (This was before the nomination). I don't remember his particular stance on the politics, but it was pretty detailed and a good watch. I think he had a written piece on it as well.

Will edit with the link later if I get a chance.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando Poo on August 02, 2016, 07:19:55 PM

I believe Scott Adams (Writer/artist of comic strip "Dilbert") did a bit on Trump being an absurdly effective propagandist. He was basically saying that regardless of your position, his skill with generalizations and shifting attention from one topic to another were almost unparalleled, and that that's why he was winning the nomination (This was before the nomination). I don't remember his particular stance on the politics, but it was pretty detailed and a good watch. I think he had a written piece on it as well.

Trump is, fundamentally, a salesman. He is effective for the same reason David Avocado Wolf and Mercola are effective; people will disregard the vague hand-waving nonsense and obvious bullshit as long as the take-home promises them what they want.

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 02, 2016, 08:02:01 PM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on August 02, 2016, 07:19:55 PM

Trump is, fundamentally, a salesman. He is effective for the same reason David Avocado Wolf and Mercola are effective; people will disregard the vague hand-waving nonsense and obvious bullshit as long as the take-home promises them what they want.

...he stil gon bild da wall doe, rite?
      /
:redneck2:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Junkenstein

It depends what you mean by build.

If you mean cheap land sales to friends, surprisingly expensive feasibility studies and money going to companies for construction work with nothing to show, etc. Etc. then yes, yes he is.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Da6s

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

I heard an off the wall conspiracy theory that Trump was actually a deep-cover Democrat out to destroy the Republican Party. Even though it's almost certainly not true it might do some good to spread this rumor around; it could weaken his support base if it becomes prevalent enough.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Pergamos

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on August 05, 2016, 12:41:35 AM
I heard an off the wall conspiracy theory that Trump was actually a deep-cover Democrat out to destroy the Republican Party. Even though it's almost certainly not true it might do some good to spread this rumor around; it could weaken his support base if it becomes prevalent enough.

It's a pretty easy one to believe.  He's been friends with the Clintons for a long time, contributed to Hillary' campaign in 2008, they went to his wedding.  The idea of shenanigans is easy to entertain.