News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Quote from: Cain on August 19, 2016, 08:51:36 AM
America has gone from being a Ballard novel to a Palahniuk novel.

You take that back
                  /
                /
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 19, 2016, 08:51:36 AM
America has gone from being a Ballard novel to a Palahniuk novel.

:eek:

I read Haunted.

You're right.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Da6s on August 19, 2016, 02:45:32 AM
warning: auto-play video
http://boingboing.net/2016/08/18/while-eating-mans-face-flor.html

QuoteAnyway, turns out young Mr. Harrouff was a Donald Trump fan, and while biting chunks of his victim's face off, the teen was wearing a "Make America Great Again" cap.

The really disturbing thing is that despite being a cannibal killer this guy actually sounds like he's more lucid and less out of touch with reality than the typical Republican, and even moreso compared to extreme Republicans. The article even makes reference to him at one point being "coherent", which is something you almost never get from your average Teapartyer, ever.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Junkenstein

QuoteFrom the side of the stage Mr Trump smiled and clapped. Mr Farage spoke about when President Obama came to the UK and urged voters to remain in the EU. "He talked down to us," he said, "he treated us as nothing."
Mr Farage said "I can't possibly tell you how you should vote", but added he would not vote for Hillary Clinton "if you paid me".
It was not an endorsement but it came close.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37177938

Trump's campaign spending continues to only use cheap suits.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

That Farage is willing to endorse Trump in all but name should put to rest any doubts that he is entirely comfortable with racism and bigotry.

Junkenstein

Win or lose though, it's still setting the stage for tons of future bigotry. The aftermath of this feels like it's going to be very ugly and in a couple of cycles we'll be referring to these cretins as moderates.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on August 25, 2016, 11:58:46 AM
That Farage is willing to endorse Trump in all but name should put to rest any doubts that he is entirely comfortable with racism and bigotry.

There were doubts??????  :eek:
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

"Oh Farage is just appealing to racists for the votes".

Ain't any votes to be had now, though.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on August 25, 2016, 01:12:23 PM

There is an opening for idiotic talking head though. With any luck he'll go the way of moron and fuck off to the USA until they're sick of his shit.

Still, interesting to see the link this openly so my mind goes to Russia and money. Farage may be angling for a taste of that pie, events from the past couple of weeks seem to support this suspicion.

Junkenstein

Also, £5 right now on a UKIP member joining trumps campaign team by the end of the month.

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 25, 2016, 01:39:28 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 25, 2016, 01:12:23 PM

There is an opening for idiotic talking head though. With any luck he'll go the way of moron and fuck off to the USA until they're sick of his shit.

Still, interesting to see the link this openly so my mind goes to Russia and money. Farage may be angling for a taste of that pie, events from the past couple of weeks seem to support this suspicion.

Maybe he and Piers Morgan could co-host a show?

Also, the main financial backer of UKIP has a Russian wife, and some interesting connections to the Russian secretary/mistress of a certain Lib Dem, who was accused of being a Russian agent of influence.

Junkenstein

Do not jest about such shows. Someone is likely to take it seriously.

I take it the lib was/is lembit? In either event it's a very odd network of possible influence that's covering a lot of demographics.

Please feel free to tell me I'm being horribly stupid and paranoid.

Cain

Nah, not Lembit.  That was the Romanian twins, and Romania is a staunch NATO ally.  Well, a NATO ally anyway.

I was thinking of  Mike Hancock.  When Arron Banks, the UKIP financier, had problems regarding his wife's visa, it was Hancock who interceded on his behalf.  Hancock had a four year affair with Katia Zatuliveter.  She had close contacts with someone in the Russian Embassy, who MI5 had fingered as an SVR officer.

The Good Reverend Roger

I AM disappointed that Farage cut his mustache off, though.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.