News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 04, 2016, 03:49:58 PM
So Assange was a hero until he went after Clinton?

Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2016, 05:00:05 AM
October Surprise on its way.

Wikileaks is gearing up on some "big reveal" they've been working on with Trump campaign operative (and Nixon-era dirty trickster) Roger Stone.  It looks like they'll be revealing it alongside a press conference tomorrow in Berlin to celebrate 10 years of Wikileaks.

Source? All I can find is Stone claiming that he "communicated" with Assange.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-ally-claims-he-communicated-with-wikileaks-founder/article/2598931

Because thats totally not all it takes to make the leap that Assange is working for Trump right?

Assange hasn't confirmed it, but he's also not rushed to deny it (and given how quick the Wikileaks Twitter account is to respond to some accusations, I find that curious in and of itself).

I don't think I ever claimed Assange worked for Trump.  I said Assange worked with Stone. But you clearly want to play word games, so OK, whatever.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Anyway, Wikileaks confirmed it had some documents it intends to release before the 2016 elections

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ecuador-sweden-assange-idUSKCN1240UG

QuoteWikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said on Tuesday the group would publish about one million documents related to the U.S. election and three governments in coming weeks, but denied the release was aimed at damaging Hillary Clinton.

Assange, speaking via a video link, said the documents would be released before the end of the year, starting with an initial batch in the coming week.

Assange, 45, who remains at the Ecuadoran embassy in London where he sought refuge in 2012 to avoid possible extradition to Sweden, said the election material was "significant" and would come out before the Nov. 8 U.S. presidential election.

He criticized Clinton, the Democratic presidential candidate, for demonizing his WikiLeaks group's work after a spate of releases related to the Democratic National Committee before the Democratic political convention this summer.

Assange said her campaign had falsely suggested that accessing WikiLeaks data would expose users to malicious software.

But he denied the release of documents relating to the U.S. election was specifically aimed at damaging Clinton, saying he had been misquoted.

"The material that WikiLeaks is going to publish before the end of the year is of ... a very significant moment in different directions, affecting three powerful organizations in three different states as well as ... the U.S election process," he said via a video link at an event marking the group's 10th anniversary.

He said the material would focus on war, weapons, oil, mass surveillance, the technology giant Google and the U.S. election, but declined to give any details.

"There has been a misquoting of me and Wikileaks publications ... (suggesting) we intend to harm Hillary Clinton or I intend to harm Hillary Clinton or that I don't like Hillary Clinton. All those are false," he said.

Assange had told Fox News in an interview conducted by satellite in August that the group would release significant information related to Clinton's campaign.

Assange also signaled changes in the way WikiLeaks is organized and funded, saying the group would soon open itself to membership. He said the group was looking to expand its media ties beyond the 100 outlets it already works with.

He told journalists gathered at a Berlin theater that the group's work would continue, even if he had to resign in the future, and he appealed to supporters to fund its work. He also held up copies of several forthcoming books.

Assange and his attorney said Britain's vote to leave the European Union could complicate his situation by limiting his ability to appeal to the European Court of Justice or the Council of Europe, a European human rights body.

Asked how he felt after four years in the embassy, he said "pale" and joked he would be a good candidate for medical study since he was otherwise healthy but had not seen the sun in over four years.

Assange is wanted in Sweden for questioning about allegations that he committed rape in 2010. He denies the charges, and says he fears subsequent extradition to the United States, where a criminal investigation into the activities of WikiLeaks is underway.

In 2010, WikiLeaks released more than 90,000 secret documents on the U.S.-led military campaign in Afghanistan, followed by almost 400,000 U.S. military reports detailing operations in Iraq. Those disclosures were followed by the release of millions of diplomatic cables dating back to 1973.

Junkenstein

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 04, 2016, 04:29:03 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on October 04, 2016, 04:09:45 PM
Worth noting that I suspect Assange isn't acting directly for trump, but rather indirectly for Russia and related interests. The winner is inconsequential compared to the shit stirring and unrest that will follow either. I would assume Russian interests are best served with a US populace that is as divided as possible.

So this is the Democratic party in 2016? McCarthyism? Ive yet to see ANY source for the Russian State being behind this besides someone using a Russian proxy and the Dems loudly proclaiming that it was KGB super-hackers instead of admitting that they didnt follow basic info-sec and got owned by skids.

Guccifer was Romanian. Is Romania influencing the US election too?

- technically, yes. And McCarthy never left, we just keep changing his face. See the Jews and labour fuckups and ongoing idiocy.

I'm going for Russia because they seem to be involved with everything else so it would just be sloppy to not have a hand in this somewhere.

You know who else seems to be involved in everything else?
Israel, Saudi Arabia, China... And you want to know something else? It isnt new. It isnt new at all. Why would it be? RUSSIA GONNA STEAL OUR ELECTIONZ!!!1 only became a meme once Democrats started losing

-this cycle has had a lot more obvious Russian influence though. To the point that national news has had to acknowledge it. With the results disputed every year anyway, it's hard to seen this as anything other than either perpetuating or instigating a shit show.

Anyway, Israel and Saudi are a lot more blunt and open in their lobbying and threats/demands. I don't see much gain for Russia beyond the strife and division but the line of logic of "divided USA = strong Russia " fits with Putin's general attitude

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.561218

Notice Obama did not make this incident a battle cry of his election, because he was up against a wet paper bag.

Who are you going with? Aleppo guy?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2016, 05:15:52 PM

Wikileaks is gearing up on some "big reveal" they've been working on with Trump campaign operative (and Nixon-era dirty trickster) Roger Stone.  It looks like they'll be revealing it alongside a press conference tomorrow in Berlin to celebrate 10 years of Wikileaks.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-ally-claims-he-communicated-with-wikileaks-founder/article/2598931

Because thats totally not all it takes to make the leap that Assange is working for Trump right?

Assange hasn't confirmed it, but he's also not rushed to deny it (and given how quick the Wikileaks Twitter account is to respond to some accusations, I find that curious in and of itself).

I don't think I ever claimed Assange worked for Trump.  I said Assange worked with Stone. But you clearly want to play word games, so OK, whatever.

Sorry, he isnt working for Trump he is working with Trump's Adviser Stone. Whats the source on that?

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 04, 2016, 04:37:24 PM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 04, 2016, 04:14:45 PM

1) Assange doesnt have a network of spies doing his bidding, he publishes what people bring to him. He said himself that he hasnt been given anything interesting on Trump.

2) What exactly is there to leak about someone who already has such well documented Mob connections, as well as to Epstein's Lolicon Resort? Of course so does Clinton, but those are all paranoid theories propagated by the Putin controlled, Silicon Valley funded, vast right wing conspiracy.

1.  Of course not.

2.  His taxes.

http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/08/08/wikileaks-founder-says-currently-attempting-get-trumps-tax-returns/

The leaker went to someone other than Wikileaks. Its not like they gave them to him and he refused to publish them or something.

East Coast Hustle

Assange a hero?

I mean, sure, if rape is heroic.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on October 04, 2016, 05:19:19 PM
Anyway, Wikileaks confirmed it had some documents it intends to release before the 2016 elections

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ecuador-sweden-assange-idUSKCN1240UG

QuoteWikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said on Tuesday the group would publish about one million documents related to the U.S. election and three governments in coming weeks, but denied the release was aimed at damaging Hillary Clinton.

Assange, speaking via a video link, said the documents would be released before the end of the year, starting with an initial batch in the coming week.

Assange, 45, who remains at the Ecuadoran embassy in London where he sought refuge in 2012 to avoid possible extradition to Sweden, said the election material was "significant" and would come out before the Nov. 8 U.S. presidential election.

He criticized Clinton, the Democratic presidential candidate, for demonizing his WikiLeaks group's work after a spate of releases related to the Democratic National Committee before the Democratic political convention this summer.

Assange said her campaign had falsely suggested that accessing WikiLeaks data would expose users to malicious software.

But he denied the release of documents relating to the U.S. election was specifically aimed at damaging Clinton, saying he had been misquoted.

"The material that WikiLeaks is going to publish before the end of the year is of ... a very significant moment in different directions, affecting three powerful organizations in three different states as well as ... the U.S election process," he said via a video link at an event marking the group's 10th anniversary.

He said the material would focus on war, weapons, oil, mass surveillance, the technology giant Google and the U.S. election, but declined to give any details.

"There has been a misquoting of me and Wikileaks publications ... (suggesting) we intend to harm Hillary Clinton or I intend to harm Hillary Clinton or that I don't like Hillary Clinton. All those are false," he said.

Assange had told Fox News in an interview conducted by satellite in August that the group would release significant information related to Clinton's campaign.

Assange also signaled changes in the way WikiLeaks is organized and funded, saying the group would soon open itself to membership. He said the group was looking to expand its media ties beyond the 100 outlets it already works with.

He told journalists gathered at a Berlin theater that the group's work would continue, even if he had to resign in the future, and he appealed to supporters to fund its work. He also held up copies of several forthcoming books.

Assange and his attorney said Britain's vote to leave the European Union could complicate his situation by limiting his ability to appeal to the European Court of Justice or the Council of Europe, a European human rights body.

Asked how he felt after four years in the embassy, he said "pale" and joked he would be a good candidate for medical study since he was otherwise healthy but had not seen the sun in over four years.

Assange is wanted in Sweden for questioning about allegations that he committed rape in 2010. He denies the charges, and says he fears subsequent extradition to the United States, where a criminal investigation into the activities of WikiLeaks is underway.

In 2010, WikiLeaks released more than 90,000 secret documents on the U.S.-led military campaign in Afghanistan, followed by almost 400,000 U.S. military reports detailing operations in Iraq. Those disclosures were followed by the release of millions of diplomatic cables dating back to 1973.

That bit about "exposure to malicious software" may just be right, just not in the intended sense. I don't think Clinton was actually implying that the nsa and similar are monitoring wiki leaks and the various people and entities that access it but it would be silly to assume that's not the case at a minimum. Can't help but wonder what the latest incarnation of prism is but I'll have easy money on it being more intrusive and wide ranging thanks to the lone wolf shit so far this year.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Also, hocking books. Worth noting as at least one is going to be crazy Jesus martyr stuff from his recent announcements.

The Wizard Joseph

I'm with Q.G. There was a time I REALLY liked what Assange seemed to represent to me, that is to say a rather brazen light upon shadowy matters. Fuck I even ranted publicly and used to have recordings posted. Certain folks of my then-acquaintance were of the opinion he was... gonna sink some of the wrong ships and was reckless AF, so it could get really bad.

I stand corrected. That is all.

P.S.  :lulz: ISRAEL? RLLY?RONPAULOL! Wooo!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Faust on October 04, 2016, 12:58:17 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 04, 2016, 12:52:58 PM
Assange is doing a very good job these days making me ashamed to have ever supported him. I hope this is just mental stress leading to piss poor judgment, and not who he's been the whole time and I was just too much of an idiot to see it.
I wouldnt be surprised that as a captive audience everything and everyone around him have been primed to give him information that will lead to a desired outcome.

Strategically I think that he should have just allowed himself to be arrested and risk the US getting it's piece of him if he was seriously committed to A Good Time.
A nice, public look at the duties of the journalist and right of citizens to know is long overdue, precisely what we REALLY need if we're to be any good a role model worldwide... he had a LOT of initiative back then, but he chose to castle-up early... why?

On a possibly unrelated note,
Some of the stuff around the rape case is pretty weird IIRC, like kooky breeder-cult weird. Just saying.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 04, 2016, 10:55:23 PM

Assange a hero?

I mean, sure, if rape is heroic.

Vaguely suspect Im being Poe's lawed here.

http://observer.com/2016/02/exclusive-new-docs-throw-doubt-on-julian-assange-rape-charges-in-stockholm/

The gist Im getting here is you all support "a brazen light upon shadowy matters" until it shines on the wrong shadowy matters.

Salty

Yeah, cuz we're all SHILLS.

Did you not get put on the payroll? Am I posting this on the secret board? Shit.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Quote from: Vivat Alty on October 05, 2016, 11:38:44 PM
Yeah, cuz we're all SHILLS.

Did you not get put on the payroll? Am I posting this on the secret board? Shit.

>You dont agree with our paranoid conspiracy theories about Trump and Putin so you must be a paranoid conspiracy theoriest!

You got off easy this time pupper. Keep this up and Ill bust out the smug anime girls.

Salty

Yeah, the paranoid bit is 169% correct. Dunno about the rest.

Don't let me stop you. Here, let me help.  :lolchix:

Is that better?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.