News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I think it's just awesome that he outed homosexuals in Saudi Arabia. 

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 06, 2016, 09:31:17 PM

I was going to go there, but really glad you did first. Something tells me Assange's concern for the lives of folks "like that" is minimal. I mean as I understand it the effin' Saudi secret police don't really see violently coercing more "confessions" and names out of an identified "apostate" as an ethical problem. Bet the final tally makes the released list seem like just a little crack in the hull, but that's how it starts.

Something tells me RP ain't shedding too many tears either. Heroes are a rather telling part of a person's worldview, especially if they can do no wrong.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 06, 2016, 09:52:15 PM

I was going to go there, but really glad you did first. Something tells me Assange's concern for the lives of folks "like that" is minimal. I mean as I understand it the effin' Saudi secret police don't really see violently coercing more "confessions" and names out of an identified "apostate" as an ethical problem. Bet the final tally makes the released list seem like just a little crack in the hull, but that's how it starts.

Something tells me RP ain't shedding too many tears either. Heroes are a rather telling part of a person's worldview, especially if they can do no wrong.

Surprise surprise this is, another lie!

https://www.docdroid.net/Gi3unfx/letter-to-ap-fv.pdf.html#page=2

tl;dr is that they contact the guy who wrote the article claiming they had outed homosexuals asking for what cables out homosexuals(none of them do), and he cant tell them. Then he stops answering their emails and lies about having talked to them.

He does give one weaselly answer:
Mr.   Satter   indicated   that   he   could   not   reveal   such
information to me due to the individuals' privacy, but that if I wished to look for it
myself, I could I find such cables by conducting a search on Wikileaks using the words
'medical records' or 'rape'. 

This is EASILY verified as false:

https://wikileaks.org/saudi-cables/search

Hows all that noise about "thinking for yourself" working out?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 07, 2016, 08:53:29 PM

tl;dr is that they contact the guy who wrote the article claiming they had outed homosexuals asking for what cables out homosexuals(none of them do), and he cant tell them. Then he stops answering their emails and lies about having talked to them.

Mr.   Satter   indicated   that   he   could   not   reveal   such
information to me due to the individuals' privacy, but that if I wished to look for it
myself, I could I find such cables by conducting a search on Wikileaks using the words
'medical records' or 'rape'.

You seem upset.  Almost as if we were insufficiently respectful toward your idol.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Doesn't matter.  He's getting all torqued up about this, and you know what that means...

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2016, 09:33:48 PM

information to me due to the individuals' privacy, but that if I wished to look for it
myself, I could I find such cables by conducting a search on Wikileaks using the words

You seem upset.  Almost as if we were insufficiently respectful toward your idol.   :lulz:

>People post factually incorrect information
>Correct those people
>YOU MUST BE MAD BRAH

And FYI, Im not upset at all. Because Trump is going to win.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2016, 09:37:25 PM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 07, 2016, 09:36:36 PM

And FYI, Im not upset at all. Because Trump is going to win.

That's all I needed to hear from you.

:hosrie:

But its true. I mean, if I was supporting the losing side I would be pretty upset. Upset enough to mindlessly repost unsourced claims that support them. Upset enough to resort to such a lowly 2004 insult as "u mad." But unlike you, my candidate is winning, all is right in the universe.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2016, 09:34:28 PM

Doesn't matter.  He's getting all torqued up about this, and you know what that means...

So it doesnt matter that it isnt even true?

EDIT:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 07, 2016, 09:42:00 PM

In terms of this thread? 

No.

You've outed yourself as a Trump voter, with what can only be described as spectacular timing, and that's pretty much everything I needed to know.  Nothing you say from this point forward has any value whatsoever.

:hitlerbanjo:

The Wizard Joseph

WHAT!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU VERY WELL WITH ALL OF THIS NOISE ABOUT "THINKING FOR YOURSELF" COMING OUT OF SOME DUDE ON THE INTERNET!!

I'll give you that the way that went down, as described in the lawyer's letter, just screamed "pissed off spook". I call some shenanigans for sure. Thing is I'm pretty sure that lawyer was also trying to cover ass, as is her job. She complains rightly about the possibility of secondary damage potentially exceeding the original material in such matters. She also implicitly admits that there was every chance such materials were available in her understandably upset sounding series of accusations against the guy. Oops. Legally oops. Ethically that's still on whoever published what this also-to-blame guy went out of his way to be a jerk about... oh yeah Assange. Who has not won my doe eyed and unquestioning support, so I'll just lay him his share of blame.

Then I went and did more dilligence with that second link straight to the "source".

Hey thanks for doing all of the searching for me like a champ, but I also tested the words as instructed in your quote.  Of 126k odd things specific to your pre-approved search criteria exactly 3 scan for the word "rape" and exactly 3 for "medical record".  That's IT. ALL OF FUCKING WIKILEAKS AND THAT'S ALL MY RETURNS. There should be LOTS more just by chance alone, but just a tiny, tiny handful available to a series of very common words... I'm thinking that I have no reason to trust that this peculiar anomaly is due to failure of the search engine. These be experts right? That's their whole claim to fame IIRC.

Guess Clinton's not the only one with a sloppy footprint. Sometimes it's what you don't find that matters most.

DID YOU GET ALL THAT OVER ALL THE FREE THINKING SPAMMING UP THE THREAD??
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

I go digging one way or another. I FEEL SO FUCKING MENTALLY LIBERATED RIGHT NOW!!!

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 07, 2016, 09:45:34 PM

WHAT!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU VERY WELL WITH ALL OF THIS NOISE ABOUT "THINKING FOR YOURSELF" COMING OUT OF SOME DUDE ON THE INTERNET!!

I'll give you that the way that went down, as described in the lawyer's letter, just screamed "pissed off spook". I call some shenanigans for sure. Thing is I'm pretty sure that lawyer was also trying to cover ass, as is her job. She complains rightly about the possibility of secondary damage potentially exceeding the original material in such matters. She also implicitly admits that there was every chance such materials were available in her understandably upset sounding series of accusations against the guy. Oops. Legally oops. Ethically that's still on whoever published what this also-to-blame guy went out of his way to be a jerk about... oh yeah Assange. Who has not won my doe eyed and unquestioning support, so I'll just lay him his share of blame.

Then I went and did more dilligence with that second link straight to the "source".

Hey thanks for doing all of the searching for me like a champ, but I also tested the words as instructed in your quote.  Of 126k odd things specific to your pre-approved search criteria exactly 3 scan for the word "rape" and exactly 3 for "medical record".  That's IT. ALL OF FUCKING WIKILEAKS AND THAT'S ALL MY RETURNS. There should be LOTS more just by chance alone, but just a tiny, tiny handful available to a series of very common words... I'm thinking that I have no reason to trust that this peculiar anomaly is due to failure of the search engine. These be experts right? That's their whole claim to fame IIRC.

Guess Clinton's not the only one with a sloppy footprint. Sometimes it's what you don't find that matters most.

DID YOU GET ALL THAT OVER ALL THE FREE THINKING SPAMMING UP THE THREAD??

So the gist of this is, there is no source for the claim but you still believe it. And because I dont believe a completely unsourced claim I have "doe eyed support."

K.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2016, 09:43:45 PM

In terms of this thread? 

No.

You've outed yourself as a Trump voter, with what can only be described as spectacular timing, and that's pretty much everything I needed to know.  Nothing you say from this point forward has any value whatsoever.

Im not a Trump voter, Im voting for Jill Stein, Im a Trump SUPPORTER. I support him because he is going to win.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2016, 09:43:45 PM

In terms of this thread? 

No.

:lulz: called it! Homophobia leaves a certain... ironic taste in the astral on account of repressin' so hard.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl