News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 07, 2016, 09:51:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2016, 09:43:45 PM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 07, 2016, 09:42:00 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2016, 09:34:28 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 06, 2016, 09:52:15 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 06, 2016, 09:31:17 PM
I think it's just awesome that he outed homosexuals in Saudi Arabia.

I was going to go there, but really glad you did first. Something tells me Assange's concern for the lives of folks "like that" is minimal. I mean as I understand it the effin' Saudi secret police don't really see violently coercing more "confessions" and names out of an identified "apostate" as an ethical problem. Bet the final tally makes the released list seem like just a little crack in the hull, but that's how it starts.

Something tells me RP ain't shedding too many tears either. Heroes are a rather telling part of a person's worldview, especially if they can do no wrong.

Doesn't matter.  He's getting all torqued up about this, and you know what that means...

So it doesnt matter that it isnt even true?

In terms of this thread? 

No.

You've outed yourself as a Trump voter, with what can only be described as spectacular timing, and that's pretty much everything I needed to know.  Nothing you say from this point forward has any value whatsoever.

:hitlerbanjo:

:lulz: called it! Homophobia leaves a certain... ironic taste in the astral on account of repressin' so hard.

>Defend Assange and post anime pictures
>Homophobia

Literally what.

Junkenstein

QuoteIm not a Trump voter, Im voting for Jill Stein, Im a Trump SUPPORTER. I support him because he is going to win.

Dude, come on. You''re smarter than this.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 07, 2016, 09:57:25 PM
QuoteIm not a Trump voter, Im voting for Jill Stein, Im a Trump SUPPORTER. I support him because he is going to win.

A vote for Jill Stein is an indirect vote for Trump. And if there are enough protest votes it will help her build a base for the next election and hopefully be on the major ticket before she passes prime-GILF years.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 07, 2016, 09:52:06 PM

I was going to go there, but really glad you did first. Something tells me Assange's concern for the lives of folks "like that" is minimal. I mean as I understand it the effin' Saudi secret police don't really see violently coercing more "confessions" and names out of an identified "apostate" as an ethical problem. Bet the final tally makes the released list seem like just a little crack in the hull, but that's how it starts.

Something tells me RP ain't shedding too many tears either. Heroes are a rather telling part of a person's worldview, especially if they can do no wrong.

Doesn't matter.  He's getting all torqued up about this, and you know what that means...

In terms of this thread? 

No.

You've outed yourself as a Trump voter, with what can only be described as spectacular timing, and that's pretty much everything I needed to know.  Nothing you say from this point forward has any value whatsoever.

:lulz: called it! Homophobia leaves a certain... ironic taste in the astral on account of repressin' so hard.

>Homophobia
>"Support Trump" and vote Stein
Literally ur a big twat. LOLCLEVEREDIT

I'm very far past the point where I'm going to take you seriously enough to do my homework.

You're correct that Trump has a real chance of winning if things go all to hell.

And you're "supporting" him.
Remember this well, I sure will.
We may just both laugh about it.
But probably just me.

Cheers "winner"  :wink:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 07, 2016, 09:59:28 PM

A vote for Jill Stein is an indirect vote for Trump. And if there are enough protest votes it will help her build a base for the next election and hopefully be on the major ticket before she passes prime-GILF years.

Ah yes... now be more creepy to cover the nazi stain all over your shit... nice.

I'm sure that's going to work out.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 07, 2016, 10:01:33 PM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 07, 2016, 09:52:06 PM

In terms of this thread? 

No.

>Homophobia
>"Support Trump" and vote Stein
Literally ur a big twat. LOLCLEVEREDIT

I'm very far past the point where I'm going to take you seriously enough to do my homework.

You're correct that Trump has a real chance of winning if things go all to hell.

None of you were actually refuting any of my points to begin with. Oh but you were getting to it Im sure before I outed myself as someone voting for THE WRONG CANDIDATE! You wouldnt dare lower yourself to the point of correcting someone so base and disgusting, although that didnt stop you all earlier, before you were proven wrong. I really got egg on my face with this one!

QuoteAnd you're "supporting" him.
Remember this well, I sure will.
We may just both laugh about it.
But probably just me.

Cheers "winner"  :wink:

What do you actually think Trump will do once he gets into office. What actual policies will he put into place that you are so afraid of?

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 07, 2016, 10:04:32 PM

Ah yes... now be more creepy to cover the nazi stain all over your shit... nice.

Im not covering anything. I am a proud member of the Alt-Right and I would totally bang Jill Stein. Looks AND Radical Ecology. Get you a girl who can do both, you know?

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 07, 2016, 10:06:42 PM

Im not covering anything. I am a proud member of the Alt-Right and I would totally bang Jill Stein. Looks AND Radical Ecology. Get you a girl who can do both, you know?

You politics are just chaming. I'm sure you're going to do just fine when your natural wit causes you to effortlessly float to the top of the heap for picking the winner like that.

I just subjected your argument to about the same treatment as Clinton got, but with no budget and using your links, and found pretty strong cause for doubt. But apparently that only applies to your arguments, not mine.

Do tell me how you see the new Trump America working out for you. For my part I don't like Mr. Trump's supporters much mostly. Is he not a reflection of them?

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Junkenstein

Seriously man, I KNOW you're smarter than this. What's up?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Aucoq

"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 07, 2016, 10:18:50 PM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 07, 2016, 10:06:42 PM

You politics are just chaming. I'm sure you're going to do just fine when your natural wit causes you to effortlessly float to the top of the heap for picking the winner like that.

I just subjected your argument to about the same treatment as Clinton got, but with no budget and using your links, and found pretty strong cause for doubt. But apparently that only applies to your arguments, not mine.

What. I have scanned my eyes over this paragraph 5 times and I have no idea what the hell you are saying. Please dumb it down for me.

Do tell me how you see the new Trump America working out for you. For my part I don't like Mr. Trump's supporters much mostly. Is he not a reflection of them?

If Clinton is a reflection of her supporters then what does that say about you?

This is a good time to bring up a little word that floated around the internets for awhile, mainly as a way of smugly rationalizing why THOSE PEOPLE are so dumb. I am now going to use it for its intended purpose. The word is "filter bubble." There is a very well written post by Slate Star Codex explaining the concept:

http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/09/30/i-can-tolerate-anything-except-the-outgroup/

The tl;dr is that filter bubbles arent just your decision of where to get your news, there are also countless other small decisions that filter you not just from the opinions of outgroups but from actual contact with them. Something as small as what restaurant you go to decides which slice of the pie graph you interact with on a regular basis. This is why so many people are SHOCKED that about half of America believes in literal biblical creationism. They knew they existed but they thought they were a fringe, because they only hear about them, and because of the power of filter bubbles they arent exposed to these people.

You talk about "Mr. Trumps supporters" but what do you really mean by that? According to the first result of Google Trump has the support of 40% of voters. Are you really talking about them? Or are you talking about a vocal minority which you believe makes up a larger percentage of his voters because your own filter bubble both excludes the many many non-batshit extremists who support Trump and because your filter bubble has intentionally cherry picked the worst aspects of his supporters to try and influence you?

Its telling that so many of you consider merely supporting Trump to be completely unthinkable and on par with being a Nazi. But youre basing this off an idea of Trump that is based on your own filter bubble, while his supporters live in a different filter bubble. One where they get a much much different image of Trump.

While you get this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-racist-examples_us_56d47177e4b03260bf777e83

They get this: http://www.breitbart.com/tag/nafta/

Notice that the second link isnt a single article, its a whole category. NAFTA was a Clinton led trade agreement that threw America's entire working class under a bus. Critics of Trump dont like to bring this point up, except to write smug article about how it actually was a smashing success, but for the people who support Trump this is one of his biggest selling points.

Ill try to keep this tl;dr for now but if you want more detail I could write something up later, because thats just one point of many where Clinton supporters are completely ignorant about the appeal of Trump. Most of the people who support Trump arent racists or lunatics. Most of them dont even like him, almost all of the criticisms you can find of Trump from the left you can find on the right. But at the end of the day they tallied up the pros and cons much like you, only they chose the Trump shit sandwich instead of the Clinton one.

As for how I see Trumps America working out. I expect Trump to continue to say outlandish shocking things, and for pundits to scream off their heads because, how could he say something so OUTLANDISH and SHOCKING!? All while executing Barack Obama's Second Presidency, which is to say, George W Bush's Third Presidency.

Edit: Clinton's Presidency would ALSO be George W Bush's Third Presidency, but with think pieces about how drone strikes are empowering to women and Re-Education Camps playing Hamilton 17 hours a day.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 07, 2016, 10:37:16 PM

Seriously man, I KNOW you're smarter than this. What's up?

Upon what are you basing that assumption?   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Let me guess... just a shot in the dark now, but could it be RP is in fact an alt for someone notably "smart" but apparently not trolling? Is this fool for SRS supporting Trump as a means to, what, shock the nation into decent behavior suitable to your preferences?

Sure, the politics got dirty. Hillary is more of that and I REALLY don't agree with her ideologically in many personal ways. SO WHAT?? This is the hand as it played out and frankly I'm fine with that on her competency and grit alone, ideology be damned. Trump isn't her creature, nor what's left of the Republican Party's. He's a simple con with no ability to lead and no government experience. This before I mention that as ideology goes me an Clinton are FUCKING PEACHY by comparison.

If you REALLY should know better shame on you.

If you're actually just some fool festooned with pieces of politically outdated "flair" on your Alt-Right uniform... carry on. Do remember to blame us.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Also Gloria Steinem would become relevant again. Not by actually being relevant, Clinton has to reward her for backing her in the Great BernieBro Purge.

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 07, 2016, 10:59:52 PM
Sure, the politics got dirty. Hillary is more of that and I REALLY don't agree with her ideologically in many personal ways. SO WHAT?? This is the hand as it played out and frankly I'm fine with that on her competency and grit alone, ideology be damned.

But you see I just explained why a very large portion of the country would rather take a chance on Trump than elect someone who has played a very very large role in selling them out. Or do you want a primer on the effects of NAFTA on the working class too?