Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 27, 2016, 04:19:11 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 27, 2016, 03:34:46 AM
I'm now absolutely certain that he's a very badly deluded individual. I've met plenty of the sort.

HEY RPspag, your buddies "taking over the GOP" aren't into your ideas as presented here. You're just a particularly motivated fool perfect for spreading memes and discarding. You literally put the RP in LARP playing the patsy for them by dedicating your life to a ridiculous "alt-right" persona. No fooling.

I find this interesting. What are you basing your knowledge of these peoples ideas on? And why is your conception more accurate than my first hand experience?

Because I come from much deeper within that continent than you. There really are pretty terrible things out in the far reaches of the "right". The "left" too, but that's not where I'm from. I'm telling you, sincerely warning you, as a courtesy only. Enjoy your "first hand experience." I'm quite sure it's just getting started, provided of course that you have been sincere and truthful here. For all I know you're in up to your neck, but I very much doubt it.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 27, 2016, 04:34:32 AM
Because I come from much deeper within that continent than you. There really are pretty terrible things out in the far reaches of the "right". The "left" too, but that's not where I'm from. I'm telling you, sincerely warning you, as a courtesy only. Enjoy your "first hand experience." I'm quite sure it's just getting started, provided of course that you have been sincere and truthful here. For all I know you're in up to your neck, but I very much doubt it.

Could you be more specific? More importantly could you explain why I should give up EcoFascism because of these vague terrible things?

Quote from: NeonWytch on October 27, 2016, 03:55:36 AM
My biggest issue with him is that he seems to see his movement as some kind of fix-all. He's talking in a very tribalistic way, and arguing for the movement and talking about the strength of it's members and all that instead of arguing for it's points.

But I just argued the points of EcoFascism right there.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

NeonWytch

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 27, 2016, 04:40:31 AM
But I just argued the points of EcoFascism right there.
At risk of being accused of moving the goalposts, I guess I meant "You stated your points as though they were the holy words of Goddess Herself being handed down to you only after being asked."

I mean you sound like a self-righteous shithead, basically, and you only stated your points when someone else asked about them before quickly veering away from them to talk about how much better your group of fuckwads is than the "other" outside your group.
A wise man once said "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

MithridatesXXIII

So basically you don't care about the environment? Ecofascism is the logical and necessary next step.

NeonWytch

I'm not misanthropic enough yet to think we should abandon democracy entirely.
I mean, we have about the same chance of convincing the federal government to create stronger EPA standards and hold corporations accountable as we do of... doing the same thing but also stripping away our constitution and social freedoms?
A wise man once said "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 27, 2016, 12:38:31 AMLook at the autism rate of 2016 vs 1986.

The only difference between then and now is that doctors got so e better diagnostic tools and at some point the news media decided to make it their Scary Disease of the Week(TM). My god, that must have been a slow week. They used to do actually frightenig syndromes like SARS and AIDS. Swine Flu was so sucuccesful they did it twice. And yet somehow autism is the one people have latched on to.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 26, 2016, 10:20:44 PM
Clinton openly advocating completely open borders and free trade:

I like the open borders part

Clinton knows that Saudi Arabia and Qatar are funding ISIS:

Is really there anyone in this country so naive that they would be at all surprised at this.

And are also funding Clinton:

Troubling, but Trump is pro Saudi too. They're like one of the few regimes he doesn't have some overblown problem with. He said that they should have nuclear weapons; that this would improve things. Believe me, I'd like a candidate with a hardline anti-Saudi stance, but Trump doesn't have one.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 27, 2016, 03:40:51 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 27, 2016, 03:34:46 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 27, 2016, 03:15:13 AM
Quote from: SuuCal on October 27, 2016, 03:04:11 AM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on October 26, 2016, 11:58:01 PM
Quote from: SuuCal on October 26, 2016, 11:43:30 PM
Oh look, Ron Paul vomited Wikileaks on the thread and wants us to take him seriously.

You see thats the opposite of what I want. Primary advantage of being far-right, it keeps out LARPing liberals who care more about virtue signalling than accomplishing things, if they even care about that at all. Can you even imagine people who blubber about safespaces and microaggressions ever pulling off something like this? Taking over one of the major political parties? When someone on the left gets doxxed and harrassed they get an inbox full of mean words. When someone on the Alt-Right does, they call your schools, they call your workplaces and they make sure you have no chance of a future ever again. Then you get no asspats, you get no teary-eyed interviews, you get a chorus of people happy that it happened because youre mean to them on the internet. No one who is in this isnt serious. They might be stupid, but they dont LARP. And thats why we are the GOP now.

Oh. Okay.

:suu:

Pretty sure he's actually crazy and this stopped being fun.

I'm now absolutely certain that he's a very badly deluded individual. I've met plenty of the sort.

HEY RPspag, your buddies "taking over the GOP" aren't into your ideas as presented here. You're just a particularly motivated fool perfect for spreading memes and discarding. You literally put the RP in LARP playing the patsy for them by dedicating your life to a ridiculous "alt-right" persona. No fooling.

Either he's nuts or he's alt-right.  Or both.

Well the one is wholly a subset of the other.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on October 27, 2016, 02:35:02 PM
I like the open borders part

And, why given the horrible effects of NAFTA already do you think this is a good idea for anyone but 1% vampires?

Q. G. Pennyworth

President Television

Good lord. I leave PD for half a year and this is what my favourite shitposter gets up to?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Junkenstein

Quote from: President Television on October 27, 2016, 09:10:31 PM
Good lord. I leave PD for half a year and this is what my favourite shitposter gets up to?

I'll take that as an admission of guilt.

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 27, 2016, 07:58:20 PM
You just keep on fucking that horse.

Most productive comment in 5 pages.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

President Television

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 27, 2016, 09:12:31 PM
Quote from: President Television on October 27, 2016, 09:10:31 PM

I'll take that as an admission of guilt.

Ron Paul had entertainment value back when I was 80% sure he was being ironic.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.