News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 17, 2017, 07:44:59 AM
Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on March 17, 2017, 03:30:53 AM

America has always had this schizophrenic self identity, and we can only put off this fight coming to a head for so long no matter what we do.

This is accurate, unless you are implying that there will be sort of resolution.  Which isn't necessarily so...and is, in fact, very doubtful.  One hideous possibility - and the one that history proposes - is that this tacky shit is the new normal.  Whomever attains power spends all their time trying to erase his/her predecessors, and boasting about what a great leader he/she is.  Meanwhile, nothing gets done, constitutional rules are not enforced (as all sides and the media just pretend nothing happened), and pretty soon the only stable thing that exists is the military.

Ho ho ho.

Lol, no, there will be no resolution. Every time things get this bad it's like a game of Russian (collusion) Roulette. Maybe it'll break out into full blown civil war, maybe it won't. Maybe we'll survive, maybe we won't. It's anybody's guess, but we have do this every 50 years or so to keep the blood moving.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on March 17, 2017, 02:28:52 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 17, 2017, 07:44:59 AM
Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on March 17, 2017, 03:30:53 AM

America has always had this schizophrenic self identity, and we can only put off this fight coming to a head for so long no matter what we do.

This is accurate, unless you are implying that there will be sort of resolution.  Which isn't necessarily so...and is, in fact, very doubtful.  One hideous possibility - and the one that history proposes - is that this tacky shit is the new normal.  Whomever attains power spends all their time trying to erase his/her predecessors, and boasting about what a great leader he/she is.  Meanwhile, nothing gets done, constitutional rules are not enforced (as all sides and the media just pretend nothing happened), and pretty soon the only stable thing that exists is the military.

Ho ho ho.

Lol, no, there will be no resolution. Every time things get this bad it's like a game of Russian (collusion) Roulette. Maybe it'll break out into full blown civil war, maybe it won't. Maybe we'll survive, maybe we won't. It's anybody's guess, but we have do this every 50 years or so to keep the blood moving.

80 years
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 06, 2015, 07:09:05 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on August 06, 2015, 06:33:24 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 05, 2015, 11:58:08 PM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on August 05, 2015, 02:51:36 PM
I sure hope the fact that Sanders is the Tumblr favorite right now doesn't wipe him out.

What's going to wipe him out is that he's using the tactics that get you elected "senator from Vermont" to run for "president of the United States".

And Trump is using the tactic of being a comic book villain to run for the same title.

It's just the Palin Effect.  The candidate will of course be Jeb Bush.

This fills me with shame.
Molon Lube

altered

You can't be a prophet all the time, or you'd be able to hack Vegas.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cain

Doktor Howl

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND...

The progressives are doing it again.  Because they are stupid and selfish and butthurt.

Trump will be president again, and his second term will be no picnic.

And fuck if I will lift a finger after election day.  I have my family to take care of, and everyone else can go die in a camp in the arctic for all I care.  Useless fucking assholes.

I shit on every one of you.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

I'm with you -- I need to stay off facebook today.

there is VERY valid criticism of Kamala Harris
but in this moment, all of it strikes me as progressives convincing each other not to vote

Cain

I mean, Harris has also moved leftwards as a Senator. Not massively, but she has shown an ability to change her positions and not in a negative direction.

I personally consider the VP to be a toothless pick unless the President is mentally compromised enough for the VP to take advantage of it anyway. A shame Harris won't be the AG looking into Trump-era crimes though - that would have suited her perfectly, a job where you need someone with a "cop" mentality.

Cramulus

Quote from: Cain on August 12, 2020, 01:44:13 PM
As per Propublica, she has voted with Bernie 93% of the time in the Senate

https://projects.propublica.org/represent/members/H001075-kamala-harris/compare-votes/S000033-bernard-sanders/115

ooooh that's the sweet spot, thank you

feel like my blood pressure just normalized a little bit

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on August 12, 2020, 01:21:00 PM

but in this moment, all of it strikes me as progressives convincing each other not to vote

That was going to happen no matter what.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on August 12, 2020, 01:21:00 PM
I'm with you -- I need to stay off facebook today.

Not this kid.  I'm purging leftists who are having purity tantrums.  Every last one of them, no exceptions.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

I think I said in 2016 or maybe 2018 that we have 12+ years of Trump to look forward too. Probably was in 2016.

Bruno

Quote from: Cain on August 12, 2020, 01:27:00 PM
I mean, Harris has also moved leftwards as a Senator. Not massively, but she has shown an ability to change her positions and not in a negative direction.

I personally consider the VP to be a toothless pick unless the President is mentally compromised enough for the VP to take advantage of it anyway. A shame Harris won't be the AG looking into Trump-era crimes though - that would have suited her perfectly, a job where you need someone with a "cop" mentality.

Some of my progressive friends seem to be confused about this and think she, as Vice president, will "Lock Him Up"... or something.

I'm not gonna correct them.
Formerly something else...

chaotic neutral observer

Does Hillary Clinton have the necessary qualifications to be Attorney General?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.