News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Don't mind me.

Started by Meunster, August 04, 2015, 11:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meunster

Don't ever do this shit again. - Dok
Poe's law ;)

Acosmicist

What kind of weirdo goes around hacking people's webcams?

Meunster

can't keep me down, witness my amazing haxor script kitty powers I got when I was working for anonymoooose.

Poe's law ;)

Acosmicist

Yeah. I know. Those webcams were open to public access, most likely without the awareness of their owners...
That's depressing enough as it is.
It's even more depressing that people go around collecting massive lists of them and distributing them so weirdos can sit and watch for hours hoping to catch a nude shot of an overweight woman.

Meunster

Quote from: Acosmicist on August 05, 2015, 06:30:09 AM
Yeah. I know. Those webcams were open to public access, most likely without the awareness of their owners...
That's depressing enough as it is.
It's even more depressing that people go around collecting massive lists of them and distributing them so weirdos can sit and watch for hours hoping to catch a nude shot of an overweight woman.

Most of them are russian, So I just used them to spy on russians, and to see what a regular day was like over there.
Poe's law ;)

Faust

This is dumb but it raises an important issue though, people SHOULD be aware of the fact that these are open.

It's not just webcams: www.shodan.io is a search engine for open devices on the internet of things. Many are genuinely set up to be open as such -Public information directories and such. And many are not, people are blissfully unaware that they are making all this available to the world.

You have everything from webcams, printers all the way up to Company SCADA systems publicly exposed here.

Why am I posting this? Because I want outrage and alarm: The only way the internet is going to get safer and better is through awareness and if these systems become secured.

I remember a year back someone did a campaign to raise awareness through this, they pulled down the details of every open printer on the internet and set them all printing "you should really secure your printer"

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Faust

Quote from: Meunster on August 05, 2015, 05:07:19 AM
can't keep me down, witness my amazing haxor script kitty powers I got when I was working for anonymoooose.

:( your ping latency is really bad. I know America is half way across the world from the server but add 100ms to that with the page serve times and you could have noticeable load times. I'm hoping its just your connection.

Acosmicist

Quote from: Faust on August 05, 2015, 10:37:03 AM
Quote from: Meunster on August 05, 2015, 05:07:19 AM
:( your ping latency is really bad. I know America is half way across the world from the server but add 100ms to that with the page serve times and you could have noticeable load times. I'm hoping its just your connection.
I used to use one of those cellular wireless adapters. Pinging Google was always 150+. That was back when I played video games more often, and all I could manage to play in online multiplayer was Garry's Mod.

Faust

3g (or higher) modems are hard to multiplayer game on, unless its a game of chess or something like that its not fun.

Acosmicist

Quote from: Faust on August 05, 2015, 11:56:50 AM
3g (or higher) modems are hard to multiplayer game on, unless its a game of chess or something like that its not fun.
I love Gmod.

While everyone else was working on building their house or making big, complex contraptions they intended to actually use on an RP server, I just treated it like a build server. Everyone told me I should go to a build server if I was going to do that, that there are less limitations and I'd have the ability to do much more, much easier.

So I built a slot machine around the rules of the RP system. They left me alone after that.

Meunster

http://www.pingtest.net/

This is the best site for testing gaming ping and latency stuff
Poe's law ;)