News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

95% sure I am going to make this next drill my last. I've been waiting around since June for a yay or nay on whether I will be able to reenlist. My ETS was 18 June.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Da6s on October 16, 2015, 05:03:45 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 16, 2015, 03:56:34 PM
Quote from: Da6s on October 16, 2015, 01:15:38 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 15, 2015, 09:57:41 PM
Quote from: Da6s on October 15, 2015, 07:36:36 PM
Just popped the ativan. We are go for lasers.

this means iIl emerge as a transhumanist, ya?

Wait, what's happening? Are you getting the Lasiks?

Yes. 17 hours later and I can see better than ever. The itchy burning is minor nuisance. Already worth the money.

Congratulations! I'm so envious!

20/50 yesterday after procedure. At my post op this morning, 18 hours later, fucking 20/15.

This shits amazing.

Guys! THERE ARE WORDS ON SIGNS. THEYRE EVERYWHERE.

Fucking highly recommend. So worth it.

Best 3500 I've ever spent.

If I had the money... it'll have to wait until after I finish my PhD and am ROLLING IN SCIENCE LOOT.

First I need to add a second bathroom. Like, REAL bad.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bruno

Welp, my Bachelors degree and I are on our way to the grocery store to interview for a $7.45/hr part time job.

Fingers crossed!
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emo Howard on October 16, 2015, 06:21:58 PM
Welp, my Bachelors degree and I are on our way to the grocery store to interview for a $7.45/hr part time job.

Fingers crossed!

WE DON'T NEED A LIVING WAGE WHY DON'T YOU JUST GET AN EDUCATION AND BETTER YOURSELF YOU LAZY MILLENNIAL oh, Bachelors degree, right.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have not heard back from the job I applied for, which is fine (silence is not rejection, in this case) but I am getting antsy about it.

I need to email Dr. Boison and ask him whether he will meet me and consider me for mentorship in his lab. Kinda thinking that maybe I can apply for a job under him and then apply for grad school next year.

Meunster

Fingers crossed!

Go for sonic tbh fam

850 a month.
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My son just got his first job, training in setting tile. He starts Tuesday.

I can't believe my child has a job.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 16, 2015, 07:14:21 PM

That job isn't a bad trade, but it is very hard on the knees.  Like really hard.  It's worth mentioning to him that wearing knee pads doesn't mean "running on your knees" won't cripple you in less than a few years.

Just my tradesman's professional granny approach, here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bruno

Quote from: Meunster on October 16, 2015, 07:10:22 PM

Fingers crossed!

Go for sonic tbh fam

850 a month.

What's a sonic tbh fam?

Bruno

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 16, 2015, 06:31:21 PM

Fingers crossed!

WE DON'T NEED A LIVING WAGE WHY DON'T YOU JUST GET AN EDUCATION AND BETTER YOURSELF YOU LAZY MILLENNIAL oh, Bachelors degree, right.

I wish somebody had told me back in 2003 the only test I would ever need to study for would be a drug test to be a kroger starbucks barista.

Meunster

Quote from: Emo Howard on October 16, 2015, 08:52:36 PM
Quote from: Meunster on October 16, 2015, 07:10:22 PM

Fingers crossed!

Go for sonic tbh fam

850 a month.

What's a sonic tbh fam?

smh fam tbh lol iwtcird roflmao
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 16, 2015, 07:53:20 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 16, 2015, 07:14:21 PM

That job isn't a bad trade, but it is very hard on the knees.  Like really hard.  It's worth mentioning to him that wearing knee pads doesn't mean "running on your knees" won't cripple you in less than a few years.

Just my tradesman's professional granny approach, here.

He's apprenticing under Rude, who has been doing it for 30 years... he's got a lot of practical knowhow for preventing the crippling.

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 16, 2015, 03:59:48 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 16, 2015, 12:05:39 AM
We have 3 printers in our office.  None are currently working.

At least one of those is serviceable as a printer, but because it's not a company printer, the IT department will not give us ink.  We could buy ink for it from our own stationary fund or the petty cash...only none of the staff are allowed to access it.

We've asked if we can have a new printer, instead of constantly repairing the old one, but we've been informed that the IT department cannot authorize the funds for a simple, B&W printer with photocopy/scanning capability, despite there being ones on Amazon for about £50.

This is the 23rd most expensive school in the UK's sixth form boarding department, with each student paying over £30,000 a year in tuition fees alone.

That place is a complete babyshambles.

It gets better.

Next shift comes on.  For 12 and a half hours, apparently twiddles their thumbs, because taking the initiative is, like, hard work or something.

We come back on duty.  We ask the other boarding house to print stuff off for us, and then when one of the day shift HPs, who is also the football coach, drops the students off there he can pick them up and bring them back here.

He goes there, no-one mentions the printing or gives him anything.

This is now the third day without working printers, and nothing will get done until at least Monday.

Cain

Meunster

Poe's law ;)