News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 11, 2015, 06:05:32 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 11, 2015, 04:13:43 PM
DOES ANYBODY WHO IS REALLY GOOD AT PIRATING BOOKS WANT TO TRY TO HELP ME FIND A COUPLE OF BOOKS? I am having the hardest damn time.

Can't make any promises, as I've not pirated many books in recent years, but what you looking for?

I'm looking for Ecology 3rd edition by Cain, and Developmental Biology 10th edition by Gilbert. I managed to find the most ridiculously expensive book on my list already, but those two just elude me.

Normally I buy my textbooks, but this term they're just fucking off the hook and on top of that I had to replace my washing machine.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 11, 2015, 06:21:12 PM
In other news, diet continues to work.  I've lost a stone in just under three weeks, with no additional steps.

The soup is boring as fuck, but it does make choosing what to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner pretty simple.

I'm damn envious. I was on a starvation all-veggie no-fat diet for three weeks in Peru and came back weighing three pounds less. Three measly fucking pounds.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 12, 2015, 03:15:40 AM
Quote from: Cain on September 11, 2015, 06:21:12 PM
In other news, diet continues to work.  I've lost a stone in just under three weeks, with no additional steps.

The soup is boring as fuck, but it does make choosing what to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner pretty simple.

I'm damn envious. I was on a starvation all-veggie no-fat diet for three weeks in Peru and came back weighing three pounds less. Three measly fucking pounds.

At one point I was losing a pound a day, pretty much.

That said, the first few days was pretty miserable.  And I drink so much water I'm practically living in my bathroom at times.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on September 12, 2015, 01:32:25 AM
Did I mention I'm 40?

It's all a horrible downhill slide from here, Hoops.

Take my advice:  Put physical fitness at or near the top of your priorities.  It's way harder to do at 45.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Revision #9 on the formatting for LO2.  :tgrr:

At least this time it was only paragraph style fucker.  ONLY.  HAHAHA.  AHAHAHAHAHA.

Dok,
Just had to go through the fucking thing front to back AGAIN.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 12, 2015, 03:37:01 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 12, 2015, 01:32:25 AM
Did I mention I'm 40?

It's all a horrible downhill slide from here, Hoops.

Take my advice:  Put physical fitness at or near the top of your priorities.  It's way harder to do at 45.

So much this!

Meunster

I fear responsibility to the point that all order and expectations terrify me. I disguise my fuck ups and crumbling sanity as eccentricities and nihilism. I'm scared someone might figure this out, so I push people away through snark.
Poe's law ;)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Meunster on September 12, 2015, 06:47:50 AM

I fear responsibility to the point that all order and expectations terrify me. I disguise my fuck ups and crumbling sanity as eccentricities and nihilism. I'm scared someone might figure this out, so I push people away through snark.

Introspection is useless unless you do something about the problems you identify.
Molon Lube

Meunster

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 12, 2015, 06:53:38 AM

Introspection is useless unless you do something about the problems you identify.

No thanks, I'm just going to whine about it online to strangers. 
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

yeah maybe just don't

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I volunteer with the Columbia Slough Watershed Council. I've been doing this for the last couple-three years. Today, I recall volunteering to help set up or break down but not both. However, what I have learned is that apparently I am going to dress as a pirate and lead small children through watershed-related activities for four hours.

I do not remember volunteering to do this, and in fact I specifically volunteered for set  up or breakdown because those are two-hour jobs and I could do other shit with my day.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel