News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2015, 05:16:19 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 22, 2015, 04:02:40 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2015, 03:01:25 AM
I am now making Bones my personal project.

He just won't shut up. Bet he'll get extra mouthy now that he's declared some sort of deluded "victory" over you blocking him. Bones is on the roster of DS2015, but felix is not, so ya know. If you want back in under any name let me know and I'll approve the sock. Got your current account back as a friend, and am pleased to have added a couple more folks from here.

You get any ideas about a thing, let a guy know.

All I know is that when I got banned, the fucker ran around saying I blocked him and ran away.

I fucking hate his ass right now.  I'll probably calm down in 2027 or so.

Quote from: bones' douchey victory danceAww, sam tarwell blocked me for calling him out. I'll post my response for the benefit of others. Pass it on if you like :)

:'( "But he was mean to me first, and, and..."

Wait, YOU'RE the victim here? Hahaha, always!
I thought SJWs believed that only white people could be racist?

I'm so disappointed in myself to have one respected you. :)   

Now officially pretending to think that they name zapped you to silence you and making threats in kind to measure reaction.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on September 22, 2015, 06:43:24 AM
Lies is still posting on that status.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

:lulz:

Give the customer what they ask for I say!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

EK WAFFLR

Sorry to hear about your father, TGRR. :(

My aunt's been diagnosed with creast cancer. Excellent prognosis, but it still sucks ass.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Wizard Joseph

See now I'm an SJW paranoid nutcase. Oh, and Roger is of course my leader. I've learned to love the LAZORZ.

Really inclined to just fry the felix account.  I usually don't make threats, I'd prefer to just do it without warning or taunts, but false threats for the lulz is kinda fun!

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on September 22, 2015, 02:00:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your father, TGRR. :(

My aunt's been diagnosed with creast cancer. Excellent prognosis, but it still sucks ass.
I'm very sorry to hear this Waffle. Hope for the best. I lost an aunt to exactly that about 3 years ago, but she had decided to go "holistic" in her treatment. My meditation instructor was recently diagnosed with agressive abdominal cancer after he very nearly bled out and is likewise rejecting real medical treatment.  There wasn't much to say after that. Stubbornness can get you killed.

FUCK CANCER AND HOLISTICS  :|

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Payne on September 21, 2015, 06:42:28 PM
Ugh, yeah. I'm lucky my brain is completely incapable of following Lys's brand of bullshit. I have read that thread, but it's mostly like watching the rest of you shouting at an abyss.

I've been unable to read that exchange because Facebook won't load nested comments for me. It's  lame.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 21, 2015, 09:38:30 PM
Bones has also jumped in, referring to all of you as an "SJW Inquisition".

This is the same Bones who tried to imply that, because I wanted to highlight the real threat of far right terrorism, that I was somehow giving cover to jihadists.

Bones is a real piece of shit. He tries to host his idiot conventions on my wall sometimes, and the only reason I haven't just unfriended him is because he at least gives my uncle something to yell at from time to time.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 21, 2015, 10:26:17 PM
Holy shit.  I may have just found the Worst Person In The World.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/ex-hedge-funder-who-hiked-aids-pill-cost-by-5500-percent-says-drug-still-underpriced/

QuoteMartin Shkreli, 32, the founder and chief executive of Turing Pharmaceuticals, recently purchased the rights to Daraprim and immediate increased the cost from $13.50 to $750 per pill.

Asked why the huge increase in cost, Shkreli explained that the old companies who owned the drug were "practically giving it away almost," and he needs to turn a profit.

Noting that the pill sold for $13.50 and the course of treatment "to save your life was only a $1,000," Shrkeli said he had to make a change.

"We know, these days, in modern pharmaceuticals, cancer drugs can cost $100,000 or more, whereas these drugs can cost a half of a million dollars," he explained. "Daraprim is still under-priced relative to its peers."

Asked if the pill really only costs $1 to manufacture, Shkreli agreed and said, "It costs very little to make Daraprim."

And this is why deregulation was a bad thing. Thanks, Reagan.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial Notgeil on September 22, 2015, 01:24:17 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 20, 2015, 10:14:59 PM
Quote from: Trivial Notgeil on September 20, 2015, 07:16:15 PM
I once thought I always had cold sores, but it turns out that the stuff at the corners of my mouth was a result of zinc and some B vitamin deficiency and a fungus.  So basically the deficiency made the skin crack and then fungus got in there.

FUNGUS ON MY FACE

But not herpes.

I see that in vegans all the time.

:lulz:

Q. G. Pennyworth

The husband and I may be $700 poorer and minus one asshole from our lives after a potentially ill-advised email exchange.

Do not talk shit to me about my man behind his back. This should be common goddamn sense.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 22, 2015, 04:01:08 PM

This is the same Bones who tried to imply that, because I wanted to highlight the real threat of far right terrorism, that I was somehow giving cover to jihadists.

Bones is a real piece of shit. He tries to host his idiot conventions on my wall sometimes, and the only reason I haven't just unfriended him is because he at least gives my uncle something to yell at from time to time.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

He and felix sure rolled over really quick indeed as soon as their false senses of identity got threatened. Gonna let them sweat for a while longer. It's very uplifting to my mood.  :)

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 22, 2015, 06:37:31 PM
The husband and I may be $700 poorer and minus one asshole from our lives after a potentially ill-advised email exchange.

Do not talk shit to me about my man behind his back. This should be common goddamn sense.
No idea what happened of course, but a move like that is either outright stupidity or a very serious attempt to test for or expand and capitalize on a rift. Either way not a person to have in one's life.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 22, 2015, 06:37:31 PM

Why in the hell would someone even DO that? What could someone even be thinking to be like, hey, I'm gonna email this woman a raft of shit-talk about her husband?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 22, 2015, 07:01:32 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 22, 2015, 04:01:08 PM

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

He and felix sure rolled over really quick indeed as soon as their false senses of identity got threatened. Gonna let them sweat for a while longer. It's very uplifting to my mood.  :)

Yeah, I noticed that suggesting a media literacy course resulted in a quick and painless flounce. But seriously, both of them could use one; they seem utterly unable to tell bloggers, tabloids, pundits, and journalists apart, and have little to no ability to discern the difference between a source which has some journalistic credibility from a source which has none.

Nast

So every couple of months I have the experience of being in bed half-asleep, groggily opening my eyes to be startled to find a spider either on my pillow, or dangling above my face and moving its legs in a menacing spidery fashion. This results in me jolt awake and trying to swat said spider friend away...only to find that it was all a weird sleep-related hallucination.

I find the experience odd because it's always spiders, every time.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."