News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

About that Little Orange...

:argh!:....  :lulz: :lulz:.... :lulz: :horrormirth: :?.... :fnord: :evil: :fap:... :eek: :fap:...  AZRAEL  :sexybeast: :magick:  :sexybeast:...

PRUSSIANSWAP! :monkeydance: :nuke:

Still on "The EOC" and have come full circle to " :argh!: Messin' with the cosmos better than me!!"

Amazing work sir!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Meunster

I'm writing a paper about the abstract definition of chaos.

Anyone have any recommended readings that are more chaos vs order centered and not discordia centered?
Poe's law ;)

LMNO

Trivial

The more I learn about entropy the less I think of it as a chaos phenomenon.  It's the reason why things happen the way they do.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on October 04, 2015, 08:44:09 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 04, 2015, 03:44:14 PM
I got made admin of a huge philosophy group despite the fact that I specifically said that I don't want to be admin and have low tolerance for philosophiical wankery.  :kingmeh:

Reply to every single thread with "Actually, that's wrong." Ideally, after several people have voiced their dumb ideas.

NEVER type anything else in the group.

:lulz:

I asked them why they decided to admin me. It's because of my training in psychology and biology, and because I have extensive past admin experience.

THE FACT THAT I SAID THAT I WAS NOT INTERESTED IN BEING AN ADMIN WAS APPARENTLY A NON-FACTOR. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial Notgeil on October 05, 2015, 03:07:13 AM
The more I learn about entropy the less I think of it as a chaos phenomenon.  It's the reason why things happen the way they do.

How are you defining chaos, here?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

These periodic bouts of insomiac mania would be great if they weren't filled with self-loathing and worry. :kingmeh:

East Coast Hustle

Absolutely heartbroken today.

I knew 3 of the crew on the El Faro. They're still searching, but it's not good. I don't know if it's been reported in the media yet but in addition to all the debris and the oil slick, they've found a heavily damaged empty lifeboat and a survival suit in the water with unidentifiable human remains inside of it. Guessing the other lifeboat never even got deployed because of the 15 degree list they reported, and even though the rafts are rigged to hydrostatic switches so they automatically deploy, good luck trying to swim to and climb into a rubber raft in the middle of a category 4 hurricane.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Oh, and some dickwit seems to have himself a blog at my old local paper, complete with incredibly pompous-looking picture of his smarmy ass: hxxp://smartapproaches.bangordailynews.com/2015/10/04/home/employing-out-of-the-box-strategies-to-address-substance-abuse-epidemic/?utm_campaign=Bangor+Daily+News&utm_source=state-widget

I believe there is a commenting feature. Don't say I never gave you guys anything.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Q. G. Pennyworth

Shit, ECH, they're talking about it on CNN right now. Dead body in a survival suit is about the worst thing you can find :(

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 05, 2015, 06:02:46 PM
Absolutely heartbroken today.

I knew 3 of the crew on the El Faro. They're still searching, but it's not good. I don't know if it's been reported in the media yet but in addition to all the debris and the oil slick, they've found a heavily damaged empty lifeboat and a survival suit in the water with unidentifiable human remains inside of it. Guessing the other lifeboat never even got deployed because of the 15 degree list they reported, and even though the rafts are rigged to hydrostatic switches so they automatically deploy, good luck trying to swim to and climb into a rubber raft in the middle of a category 4 hurricane.

Aw shit. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 05, 2015, 06:26:33 PM
Shit, ECH, they're talking about it on CNN right now. Dead body in a survival suit is about the worst thing you can find :(

Maybe.  Empty survival suits are worse.  In this case, the implication is that the guy had time to get into it.

Maybe someone else had time, too?  Probably not.  But we don't know yet.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 05, 2015, 06:07:43 PM
Oh, and some dickwit seems to have himself a blog at my old local paper, complete with incredibly pompous-looking picture of his smarmy ass: hxxp://smartapproaches.bangordailynews.com/2015/10/04/home/employing-out-of-the-box-strategies-to-address-substance-abuse-epidemic/?utm_campaign=Bangor+Daily+News&utm_source=state-widget

I believe there is a commenting feature. Don't say I never gave you guys anything.

Oh.  Oh my.

The Good Reverend Roger

My response:

QuoteI disagree that substance abuse is an illness.  I think this is pampering criminals, and actually enouraging them to use their mariguanga weed bong injectors, right in public.  They exist only to get high, listen to their devil music, and attack anyone so foolish as to come within the arc of their grasp.

I feel that the best solution is to drug test everyone in the country, and put everyone who tests positive for mariguanga onto Alcataraz, where they can do productive hard labor - breaking rocks, for example - for the rest of their lives.