News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 03, 2015, 05:08:49 AM
I carried this all the way here just for LMNO.

You don't need pastry to get me to eat ass.

Ben Shapiro

The Wizard Joseph

Oh BTW Dk. Howl I'm just biting into "Engines of Creation" past the point where The Bald Man exposits his "experiment" and I kind of want to stop in order to write some of my own stories out before they are forever influenced by your own fictional cosmic perspective. You have inspired me to write, but urge to keep reading is also VERY strong.

Think I'm just going to finish the reading first. I want you to know it's messing with elements of the "Wizard Tales" in my head. They approach cosmology from an "outsider" perspective, but touch upon the idea of a Heaven with nobody "at the wheel" because Lucifer smashed the Medatron 5000 coms device up pretty good on  his way out of God's "office" when he rage quit way "back in the Day".
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 03, 2015, 04:58:02 PM
Oh BTW Dk. Howl I'm just biting into "Engines of Creation" past the point where The Bald Man exposits his "experiment" and I kind of want to stop in order to write some of my own stories out before they are forever influenced by your own fictional cosmic perspective. You have inspired me to write, but urge to keep reading is also VERY strong.

Think I'm just going to finish the reading first. I want you to know it's messing with elements of the "Wizard Tales" in my head. They approach cosmology from an "outsider" perspective, but touch upon the idea of a Heaven with nobody "at the wheel" because Lucifer smashed the Medatron 5000 coms device up pretty good on  his way out of God's "office" when he rage quit way "back in the Day".

That's not a bad idea.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

For what it's worth, I got two more of the stories through on Nook, iBooks, Kobu, etc (everything except Amazon, which it turns out deliberately sits on shit unless you use their system and give them exclusivity for months).

So, Hell in a Dry Place and Tucson Saturday Night join The Paesors and My Girl Friday on the main catalog.

Molon Lube

Cain

Well, we just got told that not only will our departing member of staff not get replaced, but that there is a "temporary hiring freeze" for our department in the event anyone else leaves.

BRB, looking for work.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on September 03, 2015, 06:32:52 PM
Well, we just got told that not only will our departing member of staff not get replaced, but that there is a "temporary hiring freeze" for our department in the event anyone else leaves.

BRB, looking for work.

Jesus.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Not laughing at your situation, but rather at the absolute insanity of your bosses.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Meunster

Poe's law ;)

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 03, 2015, 06:36:04 PM
Not laughing at your situation, but rather at the absolute insanity of your bosses.

Its pretty amazing.  I've been laughing all evening.

The best part was we were told this this at the very end of the first day of training.  It has to be among the least inspiring pep talk in history, right up alongside "let's go get our throats cut, boys".

Cain

Well, I've done something I've never done before today: I've called in sick.

I do actually feel a little shitty, but probably not enough to not justify coming in.  That said, I'm sick enough of this place to probably get signed off for stress related disorders for life.

axod

So, due to the occupation(s) of some of my neighbors, home security is not really an issue.  However, some firm has been, uh, intimidating the locals to sign-up for protection because, look, how easy was it for them to ask that question, given that in order to do so, they were already trespassing...  Like how the physical manifestation of "angels" in penetration testing would seem to carry all relevant derogatory connotations when it comes to home security...  So, how interesting it was to see the same guy, normally driving arround in his pathetic yellow jeep, to be then also patrolling my hood in his personal station wagon...  Well, I just don't know what to say other than this typifies the abusive development in my hood.  Oh... humbug.
just this

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on September 04, 2015, 11:06:06 AM
Well, I've done something I've never done before today: I've called in sick.

I do actually feel a little shitty, but probably not enough to not justify coming in.  That said, I'm sick enough of this place to probably get signed off for stress related disorders for life.

Fight the power Cain!  :argh!:

I've agreed to cover a weekend shift on Labour Day weekend because nobody else would. In exchange im taking an extended weekend with Friday and Monday next week to visit family back home and look for better work here.

My sit-down after the contamination incident with my bosses went poorly as they tried to shift blame and 'reason' with me about how it wasn't a failure of this department but of the 'environmental assistants' that clear rooms. This is total bullshit and they knew it. Looked me right in the eyes and lied knowing that I knew they're speculating and that our job is to sort things and that meant that the process is broken. Told them so and that I'm looking for other employment.

What they don't know is that when I find it and give 2weeks notice or just maybe swap departments I'm giving a detailed report to Infectious Control complete with many compelling photos gathered over the last year or so, photos they've seen and heard accounting of from me already many times.

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Photo evidence is best evidence.  That said, i would recommend whistleblowing both after leaving and while in secure employment elsewhere.