News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo

Miley Spears got ahold of the Subgenius Wikii (as in, somehow became admin) and is trashing it (Uncle BadTouch invented Discordianism, doncha know).  She has managed to anger all of the old crew.  I think Legume will handle this nicely.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Things Payne is responsible for in the event of my gruesome demise, #32:

If it's a closed-casket funeral, Payne will force the organist to play "pop goes the weasel" in the middle of the service, so that everyone is waiting for something awful to happen.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Payne on September 24, 2015, 10:37:08 PM
Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on September 24, 2015, 10:12:11 PM
I'm starting to get annoyed with how anal home depot is about bothering people about their commercial credit cards. The other day, they actually told me to ask them if they wanted to apply for one, even if they already have one! Not to mention that I have to ask if they're using a HD credit card, even if they have cash in their hand, or theyre just buying small things you would never put on a credit card. I've gotten used to just parroting out the routine as quick as I can at the start, and if anyone co.plains I try to make a joke about it.

*in a pleasant, airy tone*

Hi there! Can I help you take one more step into crippling debt so my boss' boss' boss can buy a new mansion?
Right? i'm debating if I should point out that trying to persuade our customers to take on unsustainable debt doesnt really hold with our "doing the right thing" and "taking care of the customers" bits of our corporate ethics. Play the fanatical boy scout.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 25, 2015, 02:42:51 AM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo

Miley Spears got ahold of the Subgenius Wikii (as in, somehow became admin) and is trashing it (Uncle BadTouch invented Discordianism, doncha know).  She has managed to anger all of the old crew.  I think Legume will handle this nicely.

Oh, wow.

Uncle BadTouch and his crew need to accept the fact that they are irrelevant.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 25, 2015, 02:47:54 AM

If it's a closed-casket funeral, Payne will force the organist to play "pop goes the weasel" in the middle of the service, so that everyone is waiting for something awful to happen.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on September 24, 2015, 08:54:35 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 24, 2015, 05:45:22 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 24, 2015, 02:51:05 PM
It's actually about ethics in clockmaking.

:lulz:

That guy is so beyond a damage case it's almost not even funny.

Except that it's still totally funny.

I can't believe how much mileage I'm getting out of this. It's been a while since I've seen someone try so hard to argue a non-point.

Right? I was going to make fun of his point, and then I realized that he doesn't have one.

Also, I looked up his "cultural libertarianism" thing, and it's literally just a name for people who think they are backlashing against "social justice warriors".  So, yeah, just as vile as you imagine.

LMNO

I was going to go all "Cultural Libertarianism is simply the absence of Empathy," but I figured it was too good for him.

Eater of Clowns

I'm stealing from my own tweet here, but we're nearing the point where Social Justice Warrior as a term is at "hipster" levels of oversaturation. Pretty soon the only people using it will be the ones who end every facebook post with "smh"
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

hooplala

Yes, why change when new evidence is introduced? One wouldn't want to fight for social justice.

It's like the people who consider "liberal" a bad word: On yeah, "open to new behavior and opinions"... how vile.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 25, 2015, 04:02:49 PM
I'm stealing from my own tweet here, but we're nearing the point where Social Justice Warrior as a term is at "hipster" levels of oversaturation. Pretty soon the only people using it will be the ones who end every facebook post with "smh"

You should go on somewhere like Reddit.

It's pretty ridiculous at this point.  Think trans people should be referred to by their preferred pronoun?  SJW.  Think refugees fleeing Syria should maybe be given asylum in the west?  SJW.  Think the world has better things to do than obsess over the clock making skills of a 14yo?  SJW.  Think stalking fat people on the internet isn't actually a human right?  SJW.

Meunster

There is one word I use to describe people who use words like sjw or cuck obsessively.

Poe's law ;)

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 25, 2015, 02:47:54 AM

Regardless of the circumstances of your death, there will be no closed casket.

Pop goes the weasel will still be played. I may need to install some articulating gubbins and what-not within your body to make full use of this.

As such procedures are likely better performed before rigor really sets in, I will require 24 hours notice of your impending death to fly over there.

Meunster

I think the most idiotic thing about the sjw which hunts going on right now is that the propoganda to fuel their hate is based off straw men created by their side.
Too many times have I seen someone post a picture about a sjw then to discover that it's actually someone from /pol/ strawmanning it up.
Poe's law ;)