News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Meunster on September 25, 2015, 04:55:25 PM
I think the most idiotic thing about the sjw which hunts going on right now is that the propoganda to fuel their hate is based off straw men created by their side.
Too many times have I seen someone post a picture about a sjw then to discover that it's actually someone from /pol/ strawmanning it up.

NEVER AGAIN THE BURNING TIMES, FUCKSTICK.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 25, 2015, 04:02:49 PM
I'm stealing from my own tweet here, but we're nearing the point where Social Justice Warrior as a term is at "hipster" levels of oversaturation. Pretty soon the only people using it will be the ones who end every facebook post with "smh"

Can I quote you? I seriously need to quote you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

President Television

I think the most idiotic thing about the sjw which hunts going on right now is that the propoganda to fuel their hate is based off straw men created by their side.
Too many times have I seen someone post a picture about a sjw then to discover that it's actually someone from /pol/ strawmanning it up.

Yeah, it's an interesting pattern when people are willing to distort the truth in order to support their side. You get people taking a side based on their opinions, who exaggerate and turn people to their side based on their bullshit, and those people in turn exaggerate the generation before, and several generations in the entire movement is unrecognizable in its extremism, full of people running on sheer delusion and knowingly making up further bullshit in the name of their cause, all the while too devoid of self-awareness to realize that their own methods, used by others, fed into their own erroneous beliefs. Then somebody else, influenced by their bullshit, independently produces their own bullshit, which, in turn, influences the earlier influencers. I wonder how many repetitions of the cycle it takes for a single founding individual to become totally disconnected from reality.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 25, 2015, 06:10:38 PM
I'm stealing from my own tweet here, but we're nearing the point where Social Justice Warrior as a term is at "hipster" levels of oversaturation. Pretty soon the only people using it will be the ones who end every facebook post with "smh"

I think you already have.  :wink:

But yeah quote away.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

I suspect FOX News has an organisational chart with the exact figures on it.

Meunster

Quote from: President Television on September 25, 2015, 06:24:00 PM

Yeah, it's an interesting pattern when people are willing to distort the truth in order to support their side. You get people taking a side based on their opinions, who exaggerate and turn people to their side based on their bullshit, and those people in turn exaggerate the generation before, and several generations in the entire movement is unrecognizable in its extremism, full of people running on sheer delusion and knowingly making up further bullshit in the name of their cause, all the while too devoid of self-awareness to realize that their own methods, used by others, fed into their own erroneous beliefs. Then somebody else, influenced by their bullshit, independently produces their own bullshit, which, in turn, influences the earlier influencers. I wonder how many repetitions of the cycle it takes for a single founding individual to become totally disconnected from reality.

Takes about 2 weeks.  Give or take. 
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 25, 2015, 06:24:17 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 25, 2015, 06:10:38 PM

I think you already have.  :wink:

But yeah quote away.

Excellent, thanks!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My reluctance to write this goddamn paper is resulting in some world-class procrastination that is totally unlike any level of procrastination I have heretofore experienced.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Time to go out into the world and get shit done. Maybe after some vigorous bicycle riding I will be ready to sit down and write this thing.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm, for once, not having that problem.  I'm at chapter 16/15000 words in the new book, and am taking a day off to decide where the story needs to go from here.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 25, 2015, 10:40:18 PM
I'm, for once, not having that problem.  I'm at chapter 16/15000 words in the new book, and am taking a day off to decide where the story needs to go from here.

I am having absolutely the hardest time even getting started writing this fucking paper. I can't do it. I have to do it.

IT ISN'T EVEN A PAPER THAT MATTERS.

That's probably why I can't do it. It doesn't fucking matter.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 25, 2015, 11:35:24 PM

I am having absolutely the hardest time even getting started writing this fucking paper. I can't do it. I have to do it.

Unsolicited advice:  Sit down and start typing.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 25, 2015, 11:39:26 PM

Yep, that's what I need to do, alright. I need to churn out a bad first draft. Even a shitty outline of sorts.

President Television

Quote from: Meunster on September 25, 2015, 07:46:33 PM
Quote from: President Television on September 25, 2015, 06:24:00 PM

Takes about 2 weeks.  Give or take.

That actually does sound about right.

Good job, Meunster. You made a useful contribution.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 26, 2015, 12:03:50 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 25, 2015, 11:39:26 PM

Yep, that's what I need to do, alright. I need to churn out a bad first draft. Even a shitty outline of sorts.

[unsolicited advice]
Sometimes typing out huge amounts of profanity littered explanations about what you about to write about helps. [/unsolicited advice]