News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Meunster on September 30, 2015, 09:13:05 PM
I really want to cosplay something for some reason.

quick, someone talk me out of it.

Cosplay as the ineffable suffering of being.

Cain

Quote from: Trivial Notgeil on September 30, 2015, 09:28:13 PM
Arg cube mate is a clock truther.

Is this the same cube mate who believes like 50,000 other, mutually contradictory, conspiracies?

Q. G. Pennyworth

I'm gonna regret this, but what is a clock truther?

Cain

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 30, 2015, 09:49:49 PM

People obsessed with whether Ahmed Mohammed actually "invented" a clock or merely rehoused a ready made clock/clock components in a new unit.

May also refer to general conspiracy theories that he did it for "free stuff" or "attention" or "his dad made him do it because crazy Muslims, amirite?"  Not kept up to date on that aspect of it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 30, 2015, 12:42:39 PM
OK, computer appears to be finally upgraded.  Well, almost.  Have to uninstall and reinstall all the drivers.  Then update certain graphics tweaks I've previously been using.

But then, it should all be good.

You are like the protagonist in a series of horror movies in which your computer is Freddy Krueger. You know this, right?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Shit, man. Follow your heart.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Things are going delightfully here in Tesseract Town. First week of term and classes are going awesomely. Alty and I are in love in that terrible way that is upsetting to single people and unhappy couples, whose twitching revulsion, of course, adds to my overall good cheer.

The research project I am the lead on is shaping up to be considerably bigger and more interesting than I had thought. I now have two people assisting me with the slicing, which helps move it forward quite a bit. If the results are what I am starting to think and hope that they might potentially be, this could be a career-maker. Even if they aren't, it definitely won't hurt my grad school application.

It looks like Alty's ex, and therefore Little Alty and his brother, will be moving to Portland sooner than previously anticipated, which is awesome. Also Alty is having eye surgery tomorrow, which I am hopeful about for ending his corneal abruption woes. And mine, which are more minor as I am just in a support position rather than being the one waking up in horrible agony with my eyeball peeling off.

Everything's juicing it up, jamming it off, and cummin' up asses!

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

COSPLAY GELATENOUS CUBE.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on September 30, 2015, 11:24:28 PM

COSPLAY GELATENOUS CUBE.

Ooooh. That's good.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 30, 2015, 10:15:13 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 30, 2015, 09:49:49 PM

People obsessed with whether Ahmed Mohammed actually "invented" a clock or merely rehoused a ready made clock/clock components in a new unit.

May also refer to general conspiracy theories that he did it for "free stuff" or "attention" or "his dad made him do it because crazy Muslims, amirite?"  Not kept up to date on that aspect of it.

Because we all know those insidious 14 year old ay-rabs are not exactly doin' it for the nookie. 

:mullet:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

I made a ridiculous amount of money today.

Which is good, because medical bills.  Also, TGRR dental surgery starting tomorrow.  I may not be in my usual pleasant good mood for the next week or so.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2015, 11:32:59 PM

Which is good, because medical bills.  Also, TGRR dental surgery starting tomorrow.  I may not be in my usual pleasant good mood for the next week or so.

Oh, my... good luck with the dental surgery, I hate that stuff! But it usually makes everything better.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 30, 2015, 11:37:31 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2015, 11:32:59 PM

Oh, my... good luck with the dental surgery, I hate that stuff! But it usually makes everything better.

Yeah, my front tooth cracked vertically.  Since it's already had a root canal, there's no fixing it.  So out it comes, then they drill a hole in my skull, sink an anchor, and put a false tooth on the anchor.

Airports are gonna be HILARIOUS now.