News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meunster

Quote from: thewake on November 01, 2015, 09:56:21 PM
Quote from: Meunster on November 01, 2015, 03:39:02 AM
Just because we have social lifes doesn't mean they're functional.

If having a social life gives me a hangover the next morning this much, I'm about ready to quit.

Just a hang over?
heh, and you call that a social life.
Poe's law ;)

thewake

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 01, 2015, 10:05:10 PM
Quote from: thewake on November 01, 2015, 10:02:28 PM
You profile picture has too much mustard, Nigel.

It had even more when Alty got done with it.

I like mayonnaise on my hotdogs

Quote from: Meunster on November 01, 2015, 10:11:29 PM

If having a social life gives me a hangover the next morning this much, I'm about ready to quit.

Just a hang over?

what am I supposed to have? scabies?
"It is the dull man who is always sure, and the sure man who is always dull."
--H. L. Mencken

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: thewake on November 01, 2015, 10:15:47 PM

Just a hang over?

Scabies are easy mode. If you're not shitting blood and pulp it's not a party.

President Television

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 01, 2015, 10:47:35 PM
Quote from: thewake on November 01, 2015, 10:15:47 PM

Just a hang over?

Scabies are easy mode. If you're not shitting blood and pulp it's not a party.

Pulp, you say?

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Meunster

that's how I make my screwdrivers

30% vodka
70% pulp.
Poe's law ;)

minuspace

Sooooo, my .edu account has been downed from/by nonuse, would anyone just so happen to have an active one so I can set up an image-net.org account to satisfy my zoological... needs?

Cain

So, I'm fairly sure that my employers today admitted conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, in our latest staff meeting (which was, predictably, a joke).

I'm just running what happened by some legally minded folk to get their opinion.  But I'm fairly sure they basically said they were destroying drugs at the school, with the implication being that it was not reported to the UKBA as a breach of their visa, meaning they wouldn't get expelled from the UK.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on November 02, 2015, 09:19:29 PM
So, I'm fairly sure that my employers today admitted conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, in our latest staff meeting (which was, predictably, a joke).

I'm just running what happened by some legally minded folk to get their opinion.  But I'm fairly sure they basically said they were destroying drugs at the school, with the implication being that it was not reported to the UKBA as a breach of their visa, meaning they wouldn't get expelled from the UK.

Oh wow.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Apparently the law says it can be destroyed by staff...but if we were caught transporting it to the school, we could very easily be arrested and prosecuted (we would have to prove in a court of law that we intended to take them to be destroyed).

So they may be on safe legal ground in that regard, but the reasoning behind it could still be criminal, ultimately.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on November 03, 2015, 12:31:21 AM
Apparently the law says it can be destroyed by staff...but if we were caught transporting it to the school, we could very easily be arrested and prosecuted (we would have to prove in a court of law that we intended to take them to be destroyed).

So they may be on safe legal ground in that regard, but the reasoning behind it could still be criminal, ultimately.

Plus they just generally sound like a sack of jerks.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm kind of freaking out over not knowing what sort of writing sample to submit for the neuroscience graduate program. A research paper? A poster?

Meunster

I wish I was crazy or a zealot.
Nihilism is boring.
Poe's law ;)

minuspace

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 03, 2015, 12:50:33 AM

I did have to restrain myself when our "team leader" and brave shouter at children went off on a 2 minute tirade (I timed it) against one of my co-workers during the meeting.

I'm hoping my look of complete disdain conveyed my feelings well enough, and I know that member of staff is going to put in a formal complaint, but I still feel I should have interjected and said something.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on November 03, 2015, 02:39:00 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 03, 2015, 12:50:33 AM

I did have to restrain myself when our "team leader" and brave shouter at children went off on a 2 minute tirade (I timed it) against one of my co-workers during the meeting.

I'm hoping my look of complete disdain conveyed my feelings well enough, and I know that member of staff is going to put in a formal complaint, but I still feel I should have interjected and said something.

I rarely know what to do with people like that.