OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Took the official GRE practice test

It seemed really easy

Have no idea how I did because it doesn't actually give you the results as a score.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cain on November 05, 2015, 01:36:30 PM
Move all your crap, take a shit on their doorstep.

It's not helpful advice, but it's all I got right now.

Also, how fucking incompetent are those cops?  They get out swat teams on livestreamers, but can't even search a place properly when there's an eyewitness report of a gun?  Shit on their doorstep, too.

:lol:

When I have more time on my hands I might arrange something unpleasant for her. But I was already a little behind schedule on this project for work so I'll have to bide my time.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 05, 2015, 02:33:23 PM
Quote from: N E T on November 04, 2015, 10:57:13 PM
Ha ha ha... so I was forced out of my apartment at gunpoint today by my now ex-roommate. (This was the one that poured water into a live electrical outlet, "to get the roaches".) I called the cops from down the street, of course, and he didn't find a gun, of course, and didn't arrest her. A helpful suggestion from the cop, "How about you just move your stuff onto the lawn right now?" :lol:

So tonight I'm going down there with my huge buddy and his truck to move my shit. Hopefully she hasn't damaged or thrown anything out.

Why was she so mad? That's an excellent question. She seemed to be upset that the utilities would be cut off (which were in my name), but I had made no mention of the utilities or even contacted PG&E about the move yet anyway, so I don't understand why she thought I was going to "dog her", as she put it. She also was upset that I had informed the landlord that she had entered my room repeatedly and stole from me. Which she had even admitted to.

Any ideas on how to handle the rest of the move tonight?

Wow, that's a whole new level of terrible. Good luck, bring backup, let us know how it goes.

Luckily, she was calm and didn't try to engage with me at all when I got my stuff. She did steal my TV, but fuck it, I'll just make more money and get a better TV. I think she thought that would really bother me because her life revolves around watching TV and was utterly shocked that I didn't have one when I moved in.

I'm all settled in with my old roommate. He had contacted me a few weeks ago to see if I wanted to move back in . :)

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 05, 2015, 03:55:58 PM
Holy shit, Net. Please let us know when you've got internet again that this didn't get worse.

I'm good now! Just a little behind with my work project. :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: N E T on November 06, 2015, 12:54:08 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 05, 2015, 02:33:23 PM
Quote from: N E T on November 04, 2015, 10:57:13 PM
Ha ha ha... so I was forced out of my apartment at gunpoint today by my now ex-roommate. (This was the one that poured water into a live electrical outlet, "to get the roaches".) I called the cops from down the street, of course, and he didn't find a gun, of course, and didn't arrest her. A helpful suggestion from the cop, "How about you just move your stuff onto the lawn right now?" :lol:

So tonight I'm going down there with my huge buddy and his truck to move my shit. Hopefully she hasn't damaged or thrown anything out.

Why was she so mad? That's an excellent question. She seemed to be upset that the utilities would be cut off (which were in my name), but I had made no mention of the utilities or even contacted PG&E about the move yet anyway, so I don't understand why she thought I was going to "dog her", as she put it. She also was upset that I had informed the landlord that she had entered my room repeatedly and stole from me. Which she had even admitted to.

Any ideas on how to handle the rest of the move tonight?

Wow, that's a whole new level of terrible. Good luck, bring backup, let us know how it goes.

Luckily, she was calm and didn't try to engage with me at all when I got my stuff. She did steal my TV, but fuck it, I'll just make more money and get a better TV. I think she thought that would really bother me because her life revolves around watching TV and was utterly shocked that I didn't have one when I moved in.

I'm all settled in with my old roommate. He had contacted me a few weeks ago to see if I wanted to move back in . :)

Good! I'm relieved that you got your shit out safely and didn't get shot at.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: N E T on November 06, 2015, 12:44:44 AM
Quote from: Cain on November 05, 2015, 01:36:30 PM
Move all your crap, take a shit on their doorstep.

It's not helpful advice, but it's all I got right now.

Also, how fucking incompetent are those cops?  They get out swat teams on livestreamers, but can't even search a place properly when there's an eyewitness report of a gun?  Shit on their doorstep, too.

:lol:

When I have more time on my hands I might arrange something unpleasant for her. But I was already a little behind schedule on this project for work so I'll have to bide my time.

Well, it's best not to force these things, and just let them come at their own pace.

You can get a hernia by pushing too hard.

Eater of Clowns

I might note for our spags across the pond that Net's being possibly shot at is, in America, only a mild "pardon me." It would be considered impolite for a gun not to be present in this interaction. Though I have to question the actions of the police here, in that they did not also brandish their weapons and at least give Net a beating. I would register a complaint, Net, there's no reason you should be treated so poorly.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Chelagoras The Boulder

i know its like they didn't even care enough to bash your head in. How rude.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

The Good Reverend Roger

Here in Arizona - much like Chelsea (England) they kill you just for calling them.

WE get VALUE for our tax dollars.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pæs

Somewhat on topic, today in California I answered the door when the burger delivery person arrived, inadvertently concealing the tip and the hand holding the tip behind the doorframe. His eyes darted down to the obscured hand, narrowing with some concern.

Then I tipped him and nobody got shot, but there was a moment there where anything could have happened.

Meunster

"Oh, stop making shifty eyes at my hand, all I have in it is a gun. Fucking spaz."
Poe's law ;)

Meunster

For a few months I've felt like a part of me is missing.
So I took up writing again.
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have started waking up gripped with The Fear.

It has to be possible to get through this term, without sacrificing my GPA, AND get a decent score on the GRE.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 06, 2015, 04:40:57 PM

It has to be possible to get through this term, without sacrificing my GPA, AND get a decent score on the GRE.

NOPE.  Already told you why.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 06, 2015, 04:51:41 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 06, 2015, 04:40:57 PM

NOPE.  Already told you why.

I have no idea what you're talking about.