News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Australia: The World H.Q of Order?

Started by ChaosAdvocate, September 11, 2015, 04:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Meunster on October 11, 2015, 05:34:59 AM
You know, for all the semi punk anti the machine TM discordianism, this group at least, isn't very revolutionary.

We started out that way, but it quickly became evident that revolutions just cause more bullshit, even if you win.  Especially if you win.

I'm just here to watch the burning wreckage go down the stairs.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Given most people in the western world talking about revolution are about on a level with the OP, both intellectually and morally...well yeah.  I can shoot myself in the foot just fine, I don't need others to do it for me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Meunster on October 11, 2015, 05:34:59 AM
You know, for all the semi punk anti the machine TM discordianism, this group at least, isn't very revolutionary.

Revolution isn't my bag; too many people dying. I'm more of a cultural shift kinda girl.

I mean, we didn't  get same-sex marriage, socialized medicine, assisted suicide, municipal composting, free community college, and legal marijuana via revolution. I'd personally like to work it out so that we keep  all the good  things about our governmental infrastructure and eliminate the bad things as much as possible, rather than scrap the whole thing and start  over, which often as not just results in a different shitty overlord the same as the last one.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Also, this is not the place where those of us who do revolutionary shit get things done.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 11, 2015, 04:34:12 PM
Also, this is not the place where those of us who do revolutionary shit get things done.

There's also that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."