News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Australia: The World H.Q of Order?

Started by ChaosAdvocate, September 11, 2015, 04:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosAdvocate

Most orderly place in the world, why? Compared to all other nations there have been no civil wars, major revolts or armed rebellions, significant change ever in history there. Only the expansion/establishment of more order. Even when its people get very frustrated with their government they have never revolted there bigly aside from a few strikes easily broken using military workforce in the past. Any idea why? Is it like the stronghold/headquarters of order or something? Maybe thats why it was also seen as the "dumping ground of choice"/containment facility of choice to British authorities for those who were more chaotic or defy the order.

Its what makes it extremely boring, needs more discord + chaos. If anybody is looking for a concentrated headquarters of order to bombard with chaos in workings, here is your best choice. Feel free to pump as much entropy/chaos as you want if any of you know how to do that. A mass murder of boredom occurs.

Eris/Discordia would probably puke at this sight?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: ChaosAdvocate on September 11, 2015, 04:03:59 PM
.Feel free to pump as much entropy/chaos as you want if you know how to do that.

I don't know how to do that.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Well, where do we start?

1) You're only counting the white settlers' history.
2) You're only counting the white settlers' conflicts with other white settlers.
3) Australia as you understand it has existed for a much shorter time than literally any other human-occupied space, since you're not counting the actual history of all human occupation of the continent.
4) You're ignoring Canada.

Cain

To reiterate QG's point

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_frontier_wars

QuoteThe Australian frontier wars were a series of conflicts that were fought between Indigenous Australians and European settlers that spanned a total of 146 years. The first fighting took place several months after the landing of the First Fleet in 26 January 1788 and the last clashes occurred as late as 1934.[citation needed] The most common estimates of fatalities in the fighting are at least 20,000 Indigenous Australians and between 2,000 and 2,500 Europeans. However, recent scholarship on the frontier wars in what is now the state of Queensland indicates that Indigenous fatalities may have been significantly higher. Indeed, while battles and massacres occurred in a number of locations across Australia, they were particularly bloody in Queensland, owing to its comparatively larger pre-contact Indigenous population.

Also Australia has had several significant periods of political unrest and rebellions, and is a country where bushrangers, ie highwaymen and outlaws, are such a large part of the national culture that the government has banned films about them in the past and exerted pressure on publishers of literature related to them.

ChaosAdvocate

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 11, 2015, 04:59:45 PM
Well, where do we start?

1) You're only counting the white settlers' history.
2) You're only counting the white settlers' conflicts with other white settlers.
3) Australia as you understand it has existed for a much shorter time than literally any other human-occupied space, since you're not counting the actual history of all human occupation of the continent.
4) You're ignoring Canada.
This though for Canada?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebellions_of_1837

ChaosAdvocate

Quote from: Cain on September 11, 2015, 06:04:23 PM
To reiterate QG's point

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_frontier_wars

QuoteThe Australian frontier wars were a series of conflicts that were fought between Indigenous Australians and European settlers that spanned a total of 146 years. The first fighting took place several months after the landing of the First Fleet in 26 January 1788 and the last clashes occurred as late as 1934.[citation needed] The most common estimates of fatalities in the fighting are at least 20,000 Indigenous Australians and between 2,000 and 2,500 Europeans. However, recent scholarship on the frontier wars in what is now the state of Queensland indicates that Indigenous fatalities may have been significantly higher. Indeed, while battles and massacres occurred in a number of locations across Australia, they were particularly bloody in Queensland, owing to its comparatively larger pre-contact Indigenous population.

Also Australia has had several significant periods of political unrest and rebellions, and is a country where bushrangers, ie highwaymen and outlaws, are such a large part of the national culture that the government has banned films about them in the past and exerted pressure on publishers of literature related to them.
Weren't the frontier wars more of a result of colonization though? One country invading another thus a war caused by another country and not a conflict from within? And now most adays though they have draconian gun laws and this (http://theaimn.com/the-slide-away-from-democracy/) which just will not budge no matter what .

I was more referring to armed rebellions like the French Revolution or similar.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I like how he didn't address the fact that his questionable observation hinges on an inherently racist worldview.

ChaosAdvocate

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 11, 2015, 06:30:31 PM
I like how he didn't address the fact that his questionable observation hinges on an inherently racist worldview.
Nope I'm saying that it was an invasion, a war done by one country on another. It was caused by outside factors and was not a rebellion war from within. You misunderstood and jumped to assumptions of what I'm trying to communicate, in this thread I was referring to conflicts that happen within and not an imperialist invasion ignited by one nation against another. Infact many have issues interpreting what I try to communicate but its not my fault.

Its not my fault if I do not have much knowledge on the history prior but what I do know is they lived pretty simple(not necessarily in a bad way). Was not taught much in my education aside from the fact the natives were invaded and are the rightful heirs of the land. They lived in tribes governed by the eldest people so there was very little need to revolt, they managed to get their system right before invasion.

And WTF directing this statement towards someone who would love to see racists shot at or punished for their beliefs? About the racism: Racism and Nazism are inseparable. To fight racism is to fight the exact same enemy defeated in the second world war. The approach to racists must be war-like as much as possible, even if it means deploying the entire ground and air forces of a military to eliminate them or capture their land(property they live on). People with those beliefs do not equal "human" and should not be allowed to even have them as an opinion. Having racism/racist ideology as an opinion should = state of war.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Here's how your shit is racist:

You are only counting "disorder" as conflicts between people who look the same.
You are assuming with no evidence that the locals lived in some kind of pre-contact utopia without major conflicts.

If you don't understand how these two things are racist, your definition of racism is broken and you need to educate your dumb ass.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

ChaosAdvocate

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 11, 2015, 07:26:13 PM

You are assuming with no evidence that the locals lived in some kind of pre-contact utopia without major conflicts.

If you don't understand how these two things are racist, your definition of racism is broken and you need to educate your dumb ass.
Not really racist if my intention isn't racism, infact "race" is a social construct and does not exist. I count disorder as whenever a "social order" breaks down and there is a revolt against a government. Racism is to intentionally hate/discriminate somebody for the colour they were born with.

All racists should go die.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: ChaosAdvocate on September 11, 2015, 07:29:56 PM

Racist if my intention isn't racism, infact "race" is a social construct and does not exist. I count disorder as whenever a "social order" breaks down and there is a revolt against a government.

All racists should be lined up and shot or punished.

Are you saying you need help getting lined up and shot? I'm having issues interpreting what you're trying to communicate.

ChaosAdvocate

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 11, 2015, 07:31:29 PM

Racist if my intention isn't racism, infact "race" is a social construct and does not exist. I count disorder as whenever a "social order" breaks down and there is a revolt against a government.

Are you saying you need help getting lined up and shot? I'm having issues interpreting what you're trying to communicate.
Nope I am not racist in intentions actually, all humans are equal. Just because I do not know some history does not make me "racist". What about you? Do you know their history?

Disorder in this context refers to a breakdown of a social order, a revolt from the inside of ANY social order.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: ChaosAdvocate on September 11, 2015, 07:32:52 PM

Nope I am not racist in intentions actually, all humans are equal. Just because I do not know some history does not make me "racist". What about you? Do you know their history?

Disorder in this context refers to a breakdown of a social order, a revolt from the inside of ANY social order.

That's interesting. So, if I insist that I'm not racist but just coincidentally keep hiring white people, I'm good?

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: ChaosAdvocate on September 11, 2015, 07:32:52 PM

So your a murderous totalitarian in a purely egalitarian sort of way?

Go fuck yourself.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl