News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

A Modester Proposal

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, September 13, 2015, 04:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Every privileged chaos cheerleader who hates order more than actual human suffering should be immediately and irreversibly bodyswapped with a child soldier.

The Wizard Joseph

I agree in spirit, but what do we do with all the child soldiers now inhabiting the, likely grossly disused, corpuses of said cheerleaders? I mean ANYTHING would likely be better than their original scenario, but that's gonna take A LOT of "black magic" and we need a gameplan for the kids.

My philosophy is never resort to superstition if gravity and a nice, solid stairwell to fall down can do an equivalent job.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 13, 2015, 05:48:13 PM
I agree in spirit, but what do we do with all the child soldiers now inhabiting the, likely grossly disused, corpuses of said cheerleaders?

Oh, I think they would figure out what to do.  It probably wouldn't be pretty.

QuoteMy philosophy is never resort to superstition if gravity and a nice, solid stairwell to fall down can do an equivalent job.

Post of the day.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2015, 05:59:23 PM
I agree in spirit, but what do we do with all the child soldiers now inhabiting the, likely grossly disused, corpuses of said cheerleaders?

QuoteMy philosophy is never resort to superstition if gravity and a nice, solid stairwell to fall down can do an equivalent job.

Post of the day.
:) WOOT!

I know one that DOES deserve it. Her beleaguered editor is no saint either. Check this shitty little gem out.

hxxp://www.triggerwarning.us/the-pros-and-cons-of-child-abuse/
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 13, 2015, 06:04:59 PM

Post of the day.

I know one that DOES deserve it. Her beleaguered editor is no saint either. Check this shitty little gem out.

That was supposed to be satire.  It was Poe's Law humor fallen flat.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2015, 06:10:25 PM

Post of the day.

Just looked up this Poe's Law. I think I get it.
It sounds like a dangerous game.

Why write in a way likely to be misconstrued by folks that don't think shit's funny? There's ground for humor there for sure, but some things just aren't funny topics. She found one.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 13, 2015, 06:21:27 PM

Post of the day.

Why write in a way likely to be misconstrued by folks that don't think shit's funny? There's ground for humor there for sure, but some things just aren't funny topics. She found one.

As I said, it fell flat.

In the editor's article about Rachel ripping everyone off, she addresses that.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 13, 2015, 06:43:25 PM

Post of the day.

As I said, it fell flat.

In the editor's article about Rachel ripping everyone off, she addresses that.
Must not have absorbed that. I read it, but at a skim.

Could "flatire" be a word? Satire that just didn't get them rolling in the aisles?

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

Post of the day.

To discredit those you mock.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Hoopla on September 14, 2015, 01:18:51 AM

Post of the day.

Ok, thanks Hoopla! That cleared up the intention of the deed some for me. She seems in this case to have failed not just in taste, but in that there is no overt "child abuser" group to mock and so it distinctly comes off as mocking the victims from what I managed to read before deciding I was done with the shit.

I'll read the rest after a bit here and rethink.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

I agree in spirit, but what do we do with all the child soldiers now inhabiting the, likely grossly disused, corpuses of said cheerleaders? I mean ANYTHING would likely be better than their original scenario, but that's gonna take A LOT of "black magic" and we need a gameplan for the kids.

My philosophy is never resort to superstition if gravity and a nice, solid stairwell to fall down can do an equivalent job.

I'm pretty confident that someone who's survived the worst of the worst with no support whatsoever will quickly figure out how to leverage a supportive family, competent medical and mental health services, a peaceful neighborhood, and Internet access to their advantage. We'd have to do something where language and maybe some education transferred over, though.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 14, 2015, 03:19:24 AM

I'm pretty confident that someone who's survived the worst of the worst with no support whatsoever will quickly figure out how to leverage a supportive family, competent medical and mental health services, a peaceful neighborhood, and Internet access to their advantage. We'd have to do something where language and maybe some education transferred over, though.

Well... I agree about the ability to endure and take advantage of the environment. Problem is in the re-conditioning. It's a terrible thing and I'm not sure where to go with it from the point we're at, being halfway into a perfecly lulzy mystical fiction.

I'll stick to some of it. Here's the best I can do for perspective on the creature we'd have to deal with, individual circumstances given to vary some and accepting that
I am no expert.

Imagine that you were traumatized by either being ripped from your family or willingly abandoned for profit or simple survival then violently, chemically, and VERY often sexually abused into absolute obedience. Instead of stories and cartoons or any affection you were fed propaganda and field instructions. You eat food when you are told, not when you're hungry, which is always, for brainwashing reasons. You've almost certainly already killed something, if not someone, or you would be dead and have most likely witnessed other kids slain for disobedience or in the course of training and casually disposed of. Your very young, intentionally constricted world knows only pain and horror and above all obedience and discipline. Here is the worst part, IMO. Imagine that your entire mental reward system has been geared towards activities of extreme violence and taking whatever you can, however you can. In essence horrifically subverting you into enjoying being what you were made into. Now fill out the rest of the body swap scenario if you like. There would need to be some very powerful magic involved indeed to make it ok.

Not trying to be crass or crude, but it's a VERY long, truly uncertain road to recovery without the scenario's complications. There IS hope, but never certainty.

There is often a similar problem with rehabilitation of narco/sex slaves. As much of their sense of self worth as possible is usually intentionally ground down and their system forcibly flooded with endorphines and drugs in relation to their slave role. The horror is that a person can be made to WANT that life and even fight to go back to it. A child soldier might have been behaviorally entrained to return and truly, irrationally fear death for failing to.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Pergamos

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 14, 2015, 01:45:12 AM

Post of the day.

Ok, thanks Hoopla! That cleared up the intention of the deed some for me. She seems in this case to have failed not just in taste, but in that there is no overt "child abuser" group to mock and so it distinctly comes off as mocking the victims from what I managed to read before deciding I was done with the shit.

There is,  of course they don't use the word abuse, but memes abound about how the problem with today's youth is that they haven't been properly beaten.  Not that the article would have any effect with them, since they don't consider themselves abusers.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Pergamos on September 14, 2015, 06:42:44 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 14, 2015, 01:45:12 AM

Post of the day.

There is,  of course they don't use the word abuse, but memes abound about how the problem with today's youth is that they haven't been properly beaten.  Not that the article would have any effect with them, since they don't consider themselves abusers.

See and so it brings the question, "who would it have an effect upon?"
I've finished the reading. At some point I'll read a different article for comparison, but for the moment I've slogged through enough pigshit
and found no pearls.

Have you read it Pergamos?

The article is directly addressing the reader and presumes the reader to be an abuse victim somehow in need of their perspective and friendly insults.
I'm sure that if read by such a person without a nice, sophisticated sense of "Poe's Law" it could cause someone to harm themselves.

I'm going to sleep on it. I have to. Because right now all is a bright red mist and that's not a good thing at all.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl