News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

RAW's Personal Movie Collection

Started by TheBigSleep, September 17, 2015, 06:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigSleep

Hullo fellow beings. This internet feels like old internet, which I prefer. Thank you for joining me on my quest for better eyes, since mine now hurt from squinting.

So I was on Pope Bob's site and I remember seeing this picture and I'm now trying to identify what's there. Here's what I think I've picked out so far, please help add on or correct me if at all possible.:

Left Top: The Edge, The Road to Wellville, Meet Joe Black, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal,  :?, Annie Hall, The Mask of Zorro, Legends of the Fall

Left Middle: Hearts of Darkness, _, :?, The Chase, Eyes Wide Shut, :?, :?, King Kong in Color

Left Bottom: The Shawshank Redemption, Grand Hotel, :?, The Great Moment, :?, :?, :?, :? , :?, :?, :?

Right Top: _, _, _, _, Rain Man, _, Bringing Up Baby, His Girl Friday

Right Middle: Easy Rider, Short Cuts, :?, _, Man of a Thousand Faces, _, _

Right Bottom: The Gods Must Be Crazy, _, _, The Shanghai Gesture, :?, :?, _, Falling Down

[Key: _= Blank Tape, :? = Unknown]

I remember pausing Maybe Logic in order to look at what was on his shelves because I'm a weirdo, might have to break out the DVD to do that again. I missed out on any eBay auctions his daughter did years back that may have listed some of what was sold but I was hoping someone else here would wanna help paint this fence, because it's a lot of fun, no really.

Bobby Campbell

My fav out of all of them is "The Chase" What a dumb/awesome movie for RAW to own on VHS.

Also, I drew that pic on his wall w/ Harvey the Rabbit. Gave it to him when I visited back in the day  :fnord:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on January 08, 2016, 06:34:55 PM
My fav out of all of them is "The Chase" What a dumb/awesome movie for RAW to own on VHS.

Also, I drew that pic on his wall w/ Harvey the Rabbit. Gave it to him when I visited back in the day  :fnord:

That's cool! It's totally recognizable as your style, too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 09, 2016, 03:46:33 AM

Thx much!

And so like after RAW passed, his estate was selling a bunch of his stuff on ebay, including that Harvey/RAW pic. I tried to buy it back, but lost a bidding war, and was in the strange position of being unable to afford my own artwork  :oops:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on January 10, 2016, 04:54:46 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 09, 2016, 03:46:33 AM

Thx much!

And so like after RAW passed, his estate was selling a bunch of his stuff on ebay, including that Harvey/RAW pic. I tried to buy it back, but lost a bidding war, and was in the strange position of being unable to afford my own artwork  :oops:

That must have been super weird. Do you know who bought it?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 10, 2016, 07:41:16 AM
That must have been super weird. Do you know who bought it?

It wasn't anybody I knew, but I remember them being super cool about it. It actually turned out for the best even, as it's way better off up one someone's wall, rather than stashed in a cardboard box in my basement  :fnord: