News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

Law of Fives on Binary

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, September 20, 2015, 01:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

So, I had one of those early morning fuzzy brain thoughts today that went along the lines of:

All binary choices obey the law of fives. When you are forced to choose between A or B, you may choose A, you may choose B, you may choose both, you may choose neither, or you may choose something in between.

I feel like this may have been written before and better. Does it sound familiar to anyone?

The Wizard Joseph

Nope not I. First time I ever thought about it that way. It's not every day I see a new fnord-form pop up. Pretty sure it's permanent.   :eek:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

rong

I thought this was going to be like "Law of 0101's"
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

This does sound somewhat familiar, but I'm not sure where.  Maybe in Or Kill Me?

Telarus

This follows the 5 cycles/seasons, as presented in the Appendices of the Illuminatus! Trilogy: Chaos, Discord, Confusion, Bureaucracy, Aftermath.
Also known as Thesis(this), Anti-Thesis(that), Synthesis(both), Parentheses(neither), Paralysis(loosening or shutting down of the old order to allow something new or in-between to emerge).
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!