News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

This Oregon gunman seems to be a piece of work

Started by Cain, October 02, 2015, 12:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 07, 2015, 01:33:47 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 07, 2015, 12:12:31 AM
Quote from: LMNO on October 06, 2015, 06:45:27 PM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on October 06, 2015, 06:43:29 PM
Does this mean that the whole "no one has ever killed in the name of Atheism!" argument that Dawkins fans like to use is sunk, or will it just change?

It was only a matter of time, once Atheism got a big enough umbrella.

If Atheists become the majority, I expect seeing active persecution of the religious. They suffer from  the same monkeydom that all the other monkeys suffer from.

On one hand, I'm in favor of this, because Christians are funny when you smack 'em.

On the other hand, atheists are funny all the time.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bruno

Quote from: The Johnny on October 06, 2015, 10:01:31 PM

Just like America uses the excuse to invade other countries as "Defending our Freedom.", Christians like to fantasize about being prosecuted on a massive scale just so they can get a rain-check on freely abusing any group they want.

A rain check is where you get a ticket to buy something that is out of stock so that you can get it later at the reduced price. Christians have been spending persecution points on credit for centuries. We may be reaching the point where they start paying for that with interest. Some people want more than just the rights that have been denied them my Christians, they want the Christians to suffer, and if there's one thing that Christians love more than telling people how to live, it's a good, old-fashioned, self-fulfilling prophecy.
Formerly something else...

The Johnny

Quote from: Emo Howard on October 07, 2015, 03:02:27 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on October 06, 2015, 10:01:31 PM

Just like America uses the excuse to invade other countries as "Defending our Freedom.", Christians like to fantasize about being prosecuted on a massive scale just so they can get a rain-check on freely abusing any group they want.

A rain check is where you get a ticket to buy something that is out of stock so that you can get it later at the reduced price. Christians have been spending persecution points on credit for centuries. We may be reaching the point where they start paying for that with interest. Some people want more than just the rights that have been denied them my Christians, they want the Christians to suffer, and if there's one thing that Christians love more than telling people how to live, it's a good, old-fashioned, self-fulfilling prophecy.

Right, I wasnt sure of using the right term, but i like the metaphor you went along with.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner