News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

NIGEL, WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN ME ABOUT THIS SHIT?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 06, 2015, 12:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

So, I went to some "parenting pages", and the first thing I saw was C-section-shaming.

C section-shaming?  Really?  REALLY?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Every decision you make as a mommy is WRONG and BAD and YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 06, 2015, 12:07:53 AM

Apparently so.  I wasn't surprised by the bottle shaming, etc, but c-section shaming?   :lulz:

We need to start a footie shaming movement.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Meunster

"Every decision you make as a humam is WRONG and BAD and YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD."

Fixed.
Poe's law ;)

The Good Reverend Roger

Crunchy moms.   :lulz:

At least they're not anti-vaxxers.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 06, 2015, 12:17:55 AM
WAIT!

Pottie training is now inhumane? 

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

:lulz: :horrormirth:

What alternatives could they POSSIBLY envision? The part of me that nearly answered that before I shut it down is where the horrorlulz came from.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Meunster on October 06, 2015, 12:19:00 AM

Fixed.

You need to go poke around the mommy corners of the internet for a couple hours to understand how very not fixed that is.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 06, 2015, 12:04:15 AM
So, I went to some "parenting pages", and the first thing I saw was C-section-shaming.

C section-shaming?  Really?  REALLY?

I have been trying to tell you for YEARS. YEARS. Remember when I showed up here and people were like "why is Nigel so damn hard?"

It's the mommy forums. Once you've been through that, nothing gets to you. Those people are brutal, man, they're dangerous. Even the most skilled troll has NOTHING on a 27-year-old mother of a newborn and a toddler. They will find your insecurities and they will cut you. If they can't find your insecurities, they'll stalk you.

They are TERRIBLE PEOPLE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 06, 2015, 12:15:54 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 06, 2015, 12:07:53 AM

Apparently so.  I wasn't surprised by the bottle shaming, etc, but c-section shaming?   :lulz:

We need to start a footie shaming movement.

The SOCKS vs. NO SOCKS wars are pretty bloody.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

WAIT!

You are a BAD PERSON and a CHILD ABUSER if you try to make your child poop in a potty or go to sleep.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 06, 2015, 02:35:07 AM

Fixed.

You need to go poke around the mommy corners of the internet for a couple hours to understand how very not fixed that is.

He can't handle the mommy corners. He's from 4chan, where they think that antisemitism and graphic violence is hardcore.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 06, 2015, 02:51:31 AM
WAIT!

You are a BAD PERSON and a CHILD ABUSER if you try to make your child poop in a potty or go to sleep.

There is going to be a small percentage of truly damaged people in a few years.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 06, 2015, 02:52:32 AM

Fixed.

He can't handle the mommy corners. He's from 4chan, where they think that antisemitism and graphic violence is hardcore.

And 'edgy'.

After today, I really hate that guy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 06, 2015, 02:53:28 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 06, 2015, 02:52:32 AM

Fixed.

And 'edgy'.

After today, I really hate that guy.

I hate edgy teenage bullshit. It's boring and cliched, and invariably comes from people who haven't seen enough of teh world to know what real misery is. It's easy to laugh at other people's suffering from the comfort of Mom's kitchen.