News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Hip Hop Help

Started by Bu🤠ns, October 08, 2015, 11:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

So hip hop has finally taken hold--Only I've been so distanced from the music i'm really not sure how to recognize "good" hip hop. 

I've always like wu-tang and mos def.  most recently I've been listening to A$AP Mob, who i really like the more ambient quality of their style (at times). I've heard Hilltop Hoods, but not enough.

Anybody have any recommendations?

Cain

Lil Wayne and Vanilla Ice.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bu☆ns on October 08, 2015, 11:03:09 PM
So hip hop has finally taken hold--Only I've been so distanced from the music i'm really not sure how to recognize "good" hip hop. 

I've always like wu-tang and mos def.  most recently I've been listening to A$AP Mob, who i really like the more ambient quality of their style (at times). I've heard Hilltop Hoods, but not enough.

Anybody have any recommendations?

Lil Jon.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

I put fish sauce on my mac n cheese, so I may not be the best source for taste....

That said, I really enjoy Atmosphere (God Loves Ugly,The Last To Say, Pour Me Another, Gotta Lotta Walls, Mattress, Sunshine, Free or Dead, lots of them basically) , El-P (Stay Down, The Full Retard, Drones Over Brooklyn), Run The Jewels (Lie, Cheat, Steal, the whole first album), Binary Star, Gangstarr, Deltron 3030, Hail Mary Mallon.

I also second Vanilla Ice.

And, of course, ICP.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

LMNO

Non-troll: Ultramagnetic MCs

Don Coyote

Meunster

Poe's law ;)

Bu🤠ns

Thanks for the start, i'll let you all know how it pans out.

East Coast Hustle

A$AP Mob?

Really?

I...I'm sad.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 09, 2015, 04:29:06 AM
A$AP Mob?

Really?

I...I'm sad.
So do me one better. I was hoping you of all would have a good suggestions

Bu🤠ns

LMNO

De La Soul, "Buhloone Mind State".

Oh, and you already know about Public Enemy, right?

Eater of Clowns

Run the Jewels seconded

Madvillain added
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: LMNO on October 09, 2015, 12:40:30 AM
Non-troll: Ultramagnetic MCs

Just finished The Four Horsemen and YES!  This is what I'm talking about. I LOVE the lazy jazz loops combined with the hip-hop element--that really grabs me.  I found myself humming the chorus of Saga Of Dandy, The Devil & Day.  DAMN good tune!