News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Hip Hop Help

Started by Bu🤠ns, October 08, 2015, 11:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Shapiro

East Coast Hustle

I admit, I'm struggling not to be that old man who wonders how you kids can listen to such crappy crap these days.

But there must be a strong enough market for slobby white boy coke rap because clearly that shit is carrying the day now.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

I know, I know. It's all subjective and everyone gets to like what they like. Ignore the old man in the rocking chair bumping ATLiens.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 10, 2015, 09:26:27 PM
I know, I know. It's all subjective and everyone gets to like what they like. Ignore the old man in the rocking chair bumping ATLiens.

I was thinking the same thing about my inability to enjoy Necro...but maybe i'm jumping the gun.

LMNO

Has anyone yet mentioned that Wu Tang Clan ain't nuthin to fuck with?

axod

RJD2
Stetasonic
Lupe Fiasco
Sage Francis - Sea Lion
Black Milk - mouth music
Immortal Technique
A Tribe Called Quest (?) [edit]
Nas
just this

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: LMNO on October 10, 2015, 10:46:03 PM
Has anyone yet mentioned that Wu Tang Clan ain't nuthin to fuck with?

So I'm gonna step up and be the heretic here...

They kind of sucked after the first 2 albums (which are, admittedly, classics).

That said...

Triumph might be the best rap song of all time.

East Coast Hustle

I didn't even like hip-hop until I heard this joint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPRKsKwEdUQ

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Xaz on October 10, 2015, 09:46:32 AM
From the UK there is a label called High Focus that has quite a wide variety of artists on it but a recent release that I think stands out has been Verb T & Illinformed's Man with the Foggy Eyes https://youtu.be/2j6T8JnyT6I

I loved that piano riff going on throughout. Also liked how his accent sounds with rapping.

LMNO

ECH, I hear ya. What do think are the most solid solo albums, though? Liquid Swords?

East Coast Hustle

Only Built for Cuban Linx, with Fishscale running a close 2nd. I like Liquid Swords too, though.

East Coast Hustle

And it doesn't really count as a Wu Tang solo album but I'll always have a soft spot for Blackout.

LMNO

Ha! I was almost gonna say blackout.

Hey, you have any thoughts on Joey Badass? I'm kinda digging it.

Bu🤠ns

I love how melodic Heroes in the City of Dope is.

Sung Low

Not hip hop but, www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udp6fZ9vWCI

The Northerners are fucking pissed off  :argh!:   And rightly so...

The d key has chosen to absent itself