News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Strange Relations

Started by Nast, October 10, 2015, 07:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

Tonight I came across the obituary of a person whom I never met and I never knew.

Even though we had no connection in life, the impact of his death reached me through a series of chance (?) events. Like ripples on a pond, like links on a chain. Without ever intending it, he permanently altered the context of all my future romantic relationships. (Thanks.)

The comments on the obituary page are breaking my heart. It's weird to read them - to feel so involved and yet uninvolved at the same time. I'm reading the private diary of my lover and discovering a portion of their inner life that utterly excludes me.

I cried. For lots of reasons. It's complicated. Partly because I felt so sad that I couldn't help them, either the living or the dead. They have this monumental, world-bridging connection, and I'm just some transient observer in it all. Partly because now that I know more fully, it doesn't matter at all.

So I float away, silently, like I'm the ghost.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nast

This was pretty raw for me, I never intended to be a piece of "good writing" - just a way to share and process my feelings. I can try to explain the context of this piece if you guys want; I can't tell if it's confusing without it.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Freeky

I'm interested in hearing more about this.

Don Coyote

I found this to be an interesting read.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yes, interesting. I'd like to hear more, maybe some unpacking of why it had the effect on you that it did.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Christina Lorence

You may not feel comfort in your life because of many academic tasks. You need a best guide for helping you from all the troubles. Essay writing service reviews will help you to select the best essay writing service with cheapest cost.

LMNO

Faust

Weird, they dont normally get through the registration process (custom am I human check).
Something I'll have to keep an eye on.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau