News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Any of you spags in LA or DC?

Started by Pæs, October 15, 2015, 09:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Signora and I are visiting in a couple of weeks. We're spending most of our time in LA, staying a wee way out of the city in Valencia. We're also trekking over to DC, but only have a day there because we're ridiculous at planning trips.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on October 15, 2015, 09:15:17 AM
Signora and I are visiting in a couple of weeks. We're spending most of our time in LA, staying a wee way out of the city in Valencia. We're also trekking over to DC, but only have a day there because we're ridiculous at planning trips.

I'm close to LA.  8 hours or so by car.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Da6s

I'm on a 3 day rager next weekend in DC for a college friend's wedding and all the madness that entails.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 15, 2015, 07:00:05 PM

I'm also relatively close, less than 15 hours!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 15, 2015, 11:12:49 PM

You live in closed space.  Portland is only a few miles across, unless you have to go somewhere else in the city.

In the Southwest, 8 hours is like going to the grocery store.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

LMNO

minuspace

Los Angeles, currently moving, so, not the traditionally appointed domicile, however, just a promenade away from W. Roger's beach

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 15, 2015, 11:24:16 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 15, 2015, 11:12:49 PM

You live in closed space.  Portland is only a few miles across, unless you have to go somewhere else in the city.

In the Southwest, 8 hours is like going to the grocery store.

That's why we don't like to leave our neighborhoods; there's no guarantee of ever getting back.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

I'm about two days away by covered wagon, but there's a good chance of the oxen drowning while trying to ford a river and I'll probably just get dysentery and die anyway.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

EK WAFFLR

I'm a year or so out by bicycle and longboat.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]