News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

The truth is out there

Started by Rembo, October 17, 2015, 03:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

IF it's aliens, they are, right now, seeing us around 1,500 years ago. And they are 1,500 years ahead of what we're seeing. Which means it's possible that even if it was aliens they're not around anymore.

Earth in the year 534 definitely looks weird, it has lots of free oxygen in the atmosphere. It's just a year or two before this weird shit happened: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_weather_events_of_535%E2%80%93536

Cain

I remember reading one of the books cited on that page (Catastrophe: A Quest for the Origins of the Modern World) when I was on holiday in Portugal.  It's one of those "interesting, but treat with caution" kind of books, that is almost certainly overselling it's central thesis but nevertheless probably isn't entirely incorrect either.  I do recommend it, if for no other reason than its riveting accounts of the various catastrophes and disasters of the time period.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.