News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

economic proof that at some point it is desirable to die

Started by thewake, October 19, 2015, 03:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

I was kinda having fun poking the guy, but I understand if the mods don't want to deal with that kinda crap.

Meunster

Please these guys couldn't get someone to kill them selfs if they tried.

They too  cute.
Poe's law ;)

thewake

hello

this is the wake, I have been reincarnated as a badly written forum post.
I killed myself because my marginal benefits=marginal costs
"It is the dull man who is always sure, and the sure man who is always dull."
--H. L. Mencken

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 22, 2015, 06:15:59 PM
I was kinda having fun poking the guy, but I understand if the mods don't want to deal with that kinda crap.

I ain't gonna ban him.  But that is definitely steering into behavior I would ban for.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Quote from: thewake on October 22, 2015, 04:30:35 PM
hello this is thewake's mother. I found this website on his internet browser history. judging from his suicide note, I believe you people drove him to suicide.

I hope your happy with yourselves. our family is in a state of great grief, as thewake was a great, attractive, and very intelligent young man who was cheated in his life by never getting laid even once. and its all your fault. this website is a hive of scum and villainy.

--thewake's mom

edit:
it's only a joke guys please do not take the above SERIOUSLY
apologies

RIP
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 22, 2015, 07:37:22 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 22, 2015, 06:15:59 PM

I ain't gonna ban him.  But that is definitely steering into behavior I would ban for.

He's just another run of the mill teenage douchebag. If he keeps up the 4chan stupidity I'll just put him on ignore.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You know, Thewake, there are some hell of smart and funny motherfuckers here. Maybe if you pay attention you can learn to be smart and funny, too.

You might even be salvageable despite the libertarianism. While libertarianism is usually associated with mediocre IQ scores and restricted, idealistic thinking, someone (maybe EOC?) recently pointed out that a brief libertarian phase in the late teens is a fairly normal part of development and not necessarily a cause for concern unless it persists into adulthood.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

He's too busy trying to wow us now.

To teach us all about the wonders of macroeconomics, you see.  Because we vile & elderly bastards have never been around the block; he is the only conscious person in a world of sheeple.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

I have nothing against idealistic thinking.  Hell, I still do it, sometimes.

It's just the extreme lack of compassion libertarians seem to exhibit that disturbs me.

thewake

Woah calm down haha.

These reactions are not what I was expecting. I am not here to wow anyone. I made this thread on a whim, and any discussion of the merits of my application of economic theory seem to have dissipated, so decided hey why not engage in the humorous banter already happening? It can be much more illuminating of some things than a serious discussion, in any case.

Apologies, in any case, for making a rather shitty and bad taste joke.

I didn't assume my libertarianism to be well received by everyone, but of course my new friend Rog (if I can call you Rog?) was the one who asked about it. I merely answered. It has little to do with this post, which was just application of economic theory to something it's generally not used to analyze (although I think it did a fairly good job :P ).

Quote from: LMNO on October 22, 2015, 07:53:31 PM
I have nothing against idealistic thinking.  Hell, I still do it, sometimes.

It's just the extreme lack of compassion libertarians seem to exhibit that disturbs me.

Well, many libertarians would argue their ideas are the most compassionate ones (I wouldn't personally say school of thought has a monopoly on compassion).
hell there's even a group who have dubbed themselves "bleeding heart libertarians." ===> http://bleedingheartlibertarians.com/
--H. L. Mencken

Q. G. Pennyworth

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: thewake on October 22, 2015, 08:14:45 PM
Woah calm down haha.

Oh, this IS calm.  :lol:

QuoteThese reactions are not what I was expecting.

That's what they all say. If you want what you were expecting, try The Discordian Society group on Facebook.

Quotebut of course my new friend Rog (if I can call you Rog?)

Oh FFS.  :roll:

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 22, 2015, 08:38:31 PM

Quotebut of course my new friend Rog (if I can call you Rog?)

Oh FFS.  :roll:

It never ends.  One special snowflake after another.

thewake

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 22, 2015, 08:45:01 PM
Quote from: thewake on October 22, 2015, 08:14:45 PM
(if I can call you Rog?)

Only if I'm fucking you on the regular.

I've been looking for a creative way to lose my virginity for quite some time.
--H. L. Mencken