News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

RAW's Personal Movie Collection

Started by TheBigSleep, September 17, 2015, 06:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigSleep

Hullo fellow beings. This internet feels like old internet, which I prefer. Thank you for joining me on my quest for better eyes, since mine now hurt from squinting.

So I was on Pope Bob's site and I remember seeing this picture and I'm now trying to identify what's there. Here's what I think I've picked out so far, please help add on or correct me if at all possible.:

Left Top: The Edge, The Road to Wellville, Meet Joe Black, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal,  :?, Annie Hall, The Mask of Zorro, Legends of the Fall

Left Middle: Hearts of Darkness, _, :?, The Chase, Eyes Wide Shut, :?, :?, King Kong in Color

Left Bottom: The Shawshank Redemption, Grand Hotel, :?, The Great Moment, :?, :?, :?, :? , :?, :?, :?

Right Top: _, _, _, _, Rain Man, _, Bringing Up Baby, His Girl Friday

Right Middle: Easy Rider, Short Cuts, :?, _, Man of a Thousand Faces, _, _

Right Bottom: The Gods Must Be Crazy, _, _, The Shanghai Gesture, :?, :?, _, Falling Down

[Key: _= Blank Tape, :? = Unknown]

I remember pausing Maybe Logic in order to look at what was on his shelves because I'm a weirdo, might have to break out the DVD to do that again. I missed out on any eBay auctions his daughter did years back that may have listed some of what was sold but I was hoping someone else here would wanna help paint this fence, because it's a lot of fun, no really.

Bobby Campbell

My fav out of all of them is "The Chase" What a dumb/awesome movie for RAW to own on VHS.

Also, I drew that pic on his wall w/ Harvey the Rabbit. Gave it to him when I visited back in the day  :fnord:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on January 08, 2016, 06:34:55 PM
My fav out of all of them is "The Chase" What a dumb/awesome movie for RAW to own on VHS.

Also, I drew that pic on his wall w/ Harvey the Rabbit. Gave it to him when I visited back in the day  :fnord:

That's cool! It's totally recognizable as your style, too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 09, 2016, 03:46:33 AM

Thx much!

And so like after RAW passed, his estate was selling a bunch of his stuff on ebay, including that Harvey/RAW pic. I tried to buy it back, but lost a bidding war, and was in the strange position of being unable to afford my own artwork  :oops:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on January 10, 2016, 04:54:46 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 09, 2016, 03:46:33 AM

Thx much!

And so like after RAW passed, his estate was selling a bunch of his stuff on ebay, including that Harvey/RAW pic. I tried to buy it back, but lost a bidding war, and was in the strange position of being unable to afford my own artwork  :oops:

That must have been super weird. Do you know who bought it?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 10, 2016, 07:41:16 AM
That must have been super weird. Do you know who bought it?

It wasn't anybody I knew, but I remember them being super cool about it. It actually turned out for the best even, as it's way better off up one someone's wall, rather than stashed in a cardboard box in my basement  :fnord: