News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm feeling mighty pleased with myself right now because the furnace was on the fritz and I correctly diagnosed it, Alty ordered the replacement part, which came today, and I repaired it.

It has gone from unpleasantly cold in the house to toasty warm.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Just had a fire alarm go off.

Of course, because it was this place, it was a clusterfuck.  Evacuation took about 15 minutes, for a building of 200 people.  Kept getting idiotic questions like "what is going on?"  Well, the fire alarm is going off, so I assume it's because something in the building is on fire.  Had to tell at least a dozen students they couldn't go back in to get their coat or their iPhone or their wallet, and no they couldn't just wander off to the bar, at least not until they registered at the fire evacuation point.

Best part is, I'm not even working this evening.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on November 12, 2015, 10:33:14 PM
Just had a fire alarm go off.

Of course, because it was this place, it was a clusterfuck.  Evacuation took about 15 minutes, for a building of 200 people.  Kept getting idiotic questions like "what is going on?"  Well, the fire alarm is going off, so I assume it's because something in the building is on fire.  Had to tell at least a dozen students they couldn't go back in to get their coat or their iPhone or their wallet, and no they couldn't just wander off to the bar, at least not until they registered at the fire evacuation point.

Best part is, I'm not even working this evening.

"You want your phone? Well, the building may be on fire, but if that's how you wanna bet..."
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I mean, I know you can't actually let them go back in, but c'mon, kids, THINK.

Cain

Yeah.  I was also impressed by us having about 8 members of staff living in the building (most of them rent free as well) and a grand total of two of them helping, including myself.

The Wizard Joseph

HEY GUYS I FOUND MY PHONE! EVERYTHING'S GONNA BE FINE!
        /
:zombie:

:facepalm:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Meunster

damnit, I tried to add some off roger's hating racists and nazi's and it just turned the bot into an sjw.

Poe's law ;)

Eater of Clowns

Yeah, that's pretty offensive.

I don't think Roger's spelling would get that bad.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Meunster on November 13, 2015, 02:56:38 AM
damnit, I tried to add some off roger's hating racists and nazi's and it just turned the bot into an sjw.

That's because you don't fucking listen.  You don't even listen to your own bot.

And I would not say "Check your privilege", I would say "SHUT UP."
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 13, 2015, 03:11:39 AM
Yeah, that's pretty offensive.

I don't think Roger's spelling would get that bad.

Not even when I take both pills.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Meunster

dont drink and program guys, affects spelling, also don't stay up for 2 days and drink.
Thinking of making it 3, but eh, after 3 it goes from a buzz to an small lsd trip.
I'm already looking like a tweeker, don't want to look like a complete weirdo tommorow. Talking to army recruiters tomorrow.
Poe's law ;)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Meunster on November 13, 2015, 03:22:57 AM
dont drink and program guys, affects spelling, also don't stay up for 2 days and drink.
Thinking of making it 3, but eh, after 3 it goes from a buzz to an small lsd trip.
I'm already looking like a tweeker, don't want to look like a complete weirdo tommorow. Talking to army recruiters tomorrow.

This isn't going to end well.  Go see the Air Force instead.

Meunster

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 13, 2015, 03:28:18 AM

They don't have the job i want. I'm trying to get in for paralegal, or atleast world police work.
Poe's law ;)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Meunster on November 13, 2015, 03:36:57 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 13, 2015, 03:28:18 AM

They don't have the job i want. I'm trying to get in for paralegal, or atleast world police work.

I am going to tell you right now that the army is not the correct environment for you.

BUT IF YOU MUST, please update us on the horrible avalanche of failure to adapt, screaming drill sergeants, and the inevitable EPTS.

Meunster

Poe's law ;)