News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

It's even funnier when you're taking off their heads and they yell "is that all you've got?" or similar.

Bandits: not very smart.

Meunster

Poe's law ;)

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from:  Cain, from the original FB So, I see I have been shortlisted for an internal job interview.

The day after I finish 3 nights of overnight shifts.

Ah, never change, work.     

It probably won't ever change until the misbegotten sham that is their "business" practices inevitably catch up or a major change of leadership occurs, like probably on an ownership level. Possibly both.

If they offer you a management spot or something go ahead and promise the moon on your ability to implement an effective system with a "reasobably streamlined" workforce. Do not settle for less than, indeed demand, 5 times what you're currently being paid as salary and a performance bonus when you turn things around "after due effort". Feel free to romance them down from there on salary or bonus value, but insist on the promise of such a bonus without setting a concrete time frame if possible. Take a fifth of your new salary and divert it to the purchase of concrete items for supporting your new empire and it's employees/serfs/Standard Operating Procedure agreement contract signatories.

Should you somehow fail to impress or by some twist meet with outright failures, or they be cheapskates, the bonus being removed should act as a sandbag against getting canned outright in the event of the worst.

I know you absolutely don't require my advisement, but I thought I'd share my musings anyway and wish you well whatever the actual outcome. Then it ran a bit long for FB so I brought it here.

Cheers and good fortune sir!

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Sung Low

The d key has chosen to absent itself

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Sung Low on January 08, 2016, 09:26:19 PM
Yo Joseph! The mansplaining thread is relevant.

I haven't dug into it yet. Guessing I ought to.  :?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on January 08, 2016, 07:47:41 PM
Quote from:  Cain, from the original FB So, I see I have been shortlisted for an internal job interview.

The day after I finish 3 nights of overnight shifts.

Ah, never change, work.     

It probably won't ever change until the misbegotten sham that is their "business" practices inevitably catch up or a major change of leadership occurs, like probably on an ownership level. Possibly both.

If they offer you a management spot or something go ahead and promise the moon on your ability to implement an effective system with a "reasobably streamlined" workforce. Do not settle for less than, indeed demand, 5 times what you're currently being paid as salary and a performance bonus when you turn things around "after due effort". Feel free to romance them down from there on salary or bonus value, but insist on the promise of such a bonus without setting a concrete time frame if possible. Take a fifth of your new salary and divert it to the purchase of concrete items for supporting your new empire and it's employees/serfs/Standard Operating Procedure agreement contract signatories.

Should you somehow fail to impress or by some twist meet with outright failures, or they be cheapskates, the bonus being removed should act as a sandbag against getting canned outright in the event of the worst.

I know you absolutely don't require my advisement, but I thought I'd share my musings anyway and wish you well whatever the actual outcome. Then it ran a bit long for FB so I brought it here.

Cheers and good fortune sir!

Oh, they have no plans to bump me up to management, not now or ever.

I'm already more qualified (academically) and more experienced (in a boarding environment) than my boss, or his boss.

As it is, I'll take the shift supervisor role, or a role with another company, until I dissertate, then I'll split.

Incidentally, Requiem video 4 is up.

Cain

I'll only be putting up one video a day, so you wont see these for a couple of days yet...but damn there are some good videos coming up.  Actual fights against multiple human enemies, almost freezing to death, a suicide bomber ghost wolf, decent treasure....all this and more await.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Thanks.  I won't be relaxed in the next episode, though (the one after today's, which just went up).  Or indeed the one I'm just about to record.  There will be frustration and pain.  Also possibly running away and crying.

Cain

And...episode 6.  In which we achieve ULTIMATE POWAH (not really). 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on January 11, 2016, 01:38:28 PM
You have a very relaxing voice

It really is incredibly soothing. Sometimes I put his videos on just to listen to it, even with no idea what's going on in the game.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

You should check out the videos of CaptBrryCrunch, who has commented on some of my videos.

He has a very relaxing voice too (different accent).  He can also run Skyrim in 60 FPS with an ENB, not that I'm jealous or anything (I may actually experiment with an ENB after episode 10 or so...I have a couple of candidates.  Will still be 30 FPS, because lolcomputer).

Cain

In other news...my heavy duty flashlight and sprayable marking ink have finally arrived.

Yup, working alone on nightshift means I have reached the point where I think having weapons is a good idea.  Since pepper spray is banned in the UK, I've opted for spray which dyes the attacks skin for a few days...rendering them very identifiable.  And a heavy torch is always a comfort....especially when it's extendable, and shaped like a club.

Vanadium Gryllz

I have been enjoying your videos too, Cain. 

Seeing Skyrim played with so many mods is interesting and I like the roleplay aspect you bring to it - particularly when going through dialogue trees.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cain

Thanks!  Since Requiem is a roleplay overhaul, I'm trying to keep in character and not metagame too much (it's kinda unavoidable at low levels, just to survive). 

Hopefully, when I do the nightblade playthrough, whenever 2.0 drops (it may be a while...), I'll be able to do more.  Because that will involve being a much darker sort of character, a thief and an assassin who will do the sort of things my current character would not.  Like, for example, becoming a vampire, which Requiem overhauls significantly.  It'll also open up more quest options, especially with the daedric princes, as our current character, despite being Telvanni and a mercenary, is not entirely without conscience.  In fact, Boethiah's quest will be quite the dilemma, since we're not a complete bastard, but the Prince of Plots is the patron of the Dunmer race....not to mention that the newest version of Complete Crafting Overhaul (and its Requiem patch) allows the quite formidable Ebony Mail to be reforged as an Evasion armour....the enchantments are significantly improved from vanilla, enough to make it quite viable for a wider variety of characters...