News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Have any of them really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like dank memes?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on November 30, 2015, 09:45:21 PM
I've been having a great time. Hardly got any work done today. :lulz:

I am a sucker.   :lulz:

TGRR,
Charged all by himself.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 02, 2015, 08:46:29 PM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on November 30, 2015, 09:45:21 PM
I've been having a great time. Hardly got any work done today. :lulz:

I am a sucker.   :lulz:

TGRR,
Charged all by himself.

Yeah I posted about it in here after going on a spree and kinda burned myself out a little. I'm still in, though.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 02, 2015, 03:51:21 PM
Day 1 of "hanging around with spies while learning about the cyber-jihad and not to give my handwriting to strangers" is over.

Think I'm going to get a hamburger from room service.

Your life is really, really weird, Cain.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I started transcribing my Dev Bio notes today. Six typewritten pages, haven't really made a dent.

I can post them here when I'm done if anyone is interested. I have a hard time imagining anyone would be interested, but the offer stands.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Meunster

Anyone have tips for getting out of bed in the morning?
Poe's law ;)

Chelagoras The Boulder

challenge the negative thoughts that tie you there.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Meunster

No i mean like,  when I wake up im so comfy nothing else matters. It is the pinnacle of bliss and what heaven must feel like. I'd love to stay there all day, but I got shit to do.

Should I just get a more annoying alarm? Or set my heater to turn off at midnight? Any other tricks?

Thanks for the caring though. I should of worded it differently.
Poe's law ;)

Pæs

Keep your alarm further away from your bed so you have to get up to turn it off. Don't get back into bed.

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 03, 2015, 01:20:13 AM
Quote from: Cain on December 02, 2015, 03:51:21 PM
Day 1 of "hanging around with spies while learning about the cyber-jihad and not to give my handwriting to strangers" is over.

Think I'm going to get a hamburger from room service.

Your life is really, really weird, Cain.

I ended up not getting a hamburger from the room service, so it wasn't that weird.

Cain

Quote from: Pæs on December 03, 2015, 05:38:07 AM
Keep your alarm further away from your bed so you have to get up to turn it off. Don't get back into bed.

Also correct.

Or just never sleep.  That works.

Meunster

Quote from: Cain on December 03, 2015, 06:25:42 AM
Quote from: Pæs on December 03, 2015, 05:38:07 AM

Also correct.

Or just never sleep.  That works.

I try to only sleep every other day.
Poe's law ;)

Faust

Drink a pint of water before bed. If that doesn't work, drink two.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Pæs

I'm working away at the Matasano Crypto Challenges as I finish Chuck Easttom's "Modern Crypography" and work towards relevant math on Khan Academy. Once I refactor the code which cracks Vigenère ciphers (or similar), I'm starting to have the makings of a decent toolset for attacking encryption functions for security capture-the-flag competitions, which will be handy.

Some colleagues of mine and I have got one coming up at the end of next week which should be a good chance to test it.

Faust

Wow those look fun, I eventually hit a plateau in project Euler that I was unable to get any farther in them and wasn't enjoying them very much. Will have to give those a try out.
Sleepless nights at the chateau