PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meunster

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 12, 2015, 04:27:20 AM
Quote from: Meunster on December 12, 2015, 02:25:06 AM
Guess which nihilistic asshole has a girlfriend now?

HINT: it's me.

Is she also a nihilistic asshole or should I not ready the popcorn?

She's a double sided coin of asshole buisness lady. And a qt3.14 sub. Also she's Christian.
Poe's law ;)

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 11, 2015, 04:32:10 AM
So, first day on the job, a mile and half up in the air.  Talking with engineers about robots the size of sewing needles that adjust fiberoptic cables for trapping images of entire galaxies, to measure their velocity with respect to one another.  The engineers know their job and they assume I'm educated on everything unless I tell them differently, in which case they patiently explain.

My boss is a fairly brilliant scientist who enjoys the ins and outs of DOE/NASA/NSF bureaucratic wrangling.  His boss is the smartest woman I've ever met, who shares my enthusiasm for the visitor program, for getting people up the mountain to look at other stars and how exoplanets are inferred from a star's wobble, and will geek out on a moment's notice, which is fucking awesome.

My crew are all professionals who genuinely like each other, and most of them seem to have taken a shine to me.

I am in charge of - among many other things - life support.  LIFE SUPPORT.  Scotty, my scabby arse!

I changed my mind.  There is a heaven.

Ho-ho-hoooooly shit man. That's the coolest shit I've heard in a long time, hands down.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Congratulations, and good luck.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Meunster on December 12, 2015, 09:09:34 PM

She's a double sided coin of asshole buisness lady. And a qt3.14 sub. Also she's Christian.

Not so sure what a qt3.14 sub is, but the rest should be interesting. If you find out she's "pimping for Jesus" just go with it until you can ask the hard questions in biblestudy.

I hope things work out well for you, but not sure it's for good reasons.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

President Television

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 13, 2015, 03:45:29 PM
Quote from: Meunster on December 12, 2015, 09:09:34 PM

Not so sure what a qt3.14 sub is, but the rest should be interesting. If you find out she's "pimping for Jesus" just go with it until you can ask the hard questions in biblestudy.

I hope things work out well for you, but not sure it's for good reasons.

qt 3.14 means "cutie pie".
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Cain

So bored at work.  Currently debating with my co-worker the merit of taking 4 or 5 hour breaks.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Finished my grad school application. Waiting for letters of recommendation. Accidentally sent a reminder to a professor without changing the name on it to his, embarrassment. Oh god. Hopefully he will understand.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 13, 2015, 10:29:14 PM
Finished my grad school application. Waiting for letters of recommendation. Accidentally sent a reminder to a professor without changing the name on it to his, embarrassment. Oh god. Hopefully he will understand.

Mortifying. That was one of fears when I sent out my reminders last week.

Nast

No, mortifying is accidentally sending your professor nudes. Getting their name wrong in an email is a minor mistake.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Meunster

with the onset of /trash/ discordnism can now have a home on 4chan.
Poe's law ;)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Meunster on December 14, 2015, 04:03:47 AM

Have fun with that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Meunster

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 14, 2015, 03:40:18 PM
Quote from: Meunster on December 14, 2015, 04:03:47 AM

Have fun with that.

It's basically just people checking out the holy texts and giving their opinions. Any recommendations on what to recomend?
Poe's law ;)

The Good Reverend Roger

The four meter dome was frozen in place today.  Simple stuff, really.  Rig up a few come-alongs, apply a couple of thousands of foot pounds of force, THEN turn the motors on.  Easy.  Of course, our vehicles outside got buried by the tons of snow and ice that fell off the dome, but you can't have everything.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Trivial

There are jobs that I don't particularly want for any reason other than they pay more. 

I can't really say why else I want said job, just that I'd be better than the idiot that is currently there.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cain

Since I'll be working alone come January 6th, I'm spending a thrilling time on the "totally not self-defense weapons, just novelty items" section of Amazon.

I wonder if I can bill the company for a camping knife and tungsten steel tactical pen?  It is a work related expense...