News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

They just tried again. Funny, someone tried to do the same thing to Alty's account a couple weeks ago.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I sincerely hate the whole holiday gift-giving season and all of its dreadful expectations.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

minuspace

I do not save.  I do not have mercy.  It will always be as it already was, the suffering of legend.

Nast

I think I'm just going to stop trying to date for a while. Every time it ends up being that they like me more than I like them, and having to turn them down when they've got their hopes up gives anxiety. I know this potentially sounds kind of ass-hatty, since I'm the one doing the rejecting, but it still makes me feel really bad.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nast

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 20, 2015, 01:58:24 AM
I sincerely hate the whole holiday gift-giving season and all of its dreadful expectations.

So you're saying your not getting me a gift?  :argh!:

I wanted an aquarium pony.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nast

Also, sorry men, but I just cannot date you if you address me as "home skillet".

Meunster

Poe's law ;)

Nast

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nast on December 20, 2015, 10:28:22 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 20, 2015, 01:58:24 AM

So you're saying your not getting me a gift?  :argh!:

I wanted an aquarium pony.

I have a stock tank full of "aquarium ponies" in the back yard, let me get a Mason jar and you can have as many as you want.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nast on December 20, 2015, 10:24:37 PM
I think I'm just going to stop trying to date for a while. Every time it ends up being that they like me more than I like them, and having to turn them down when they've got their hopes up gives anxiety. I know this potentially sounds kind of ass-hatty, since I'm the one doing the rejecting, but it still makes me feel really bad.

Dating is horrible, I hate it.

I would advise you to quit dating, but you already have. So I'll move on to part 2 of my advice, which is to fill the time you used to spend trying to date instead doing something that is fun and brings you into contact with more friend-people. School or hiking or yarnbombing or volunteering or some other thing like that.

Cain

Cattle-rustling is a great way to meet new people.

Cain

"Hey, all the kitchens are pretty fucked up. When are the cleaners coming in?"

"The cleaners have two weeks off."

"Yeah, but I mean really fucked up. Like, rotting food left out, multiple bin bags just sitting on the floor...we're talking crack den level filth here."

"The cleaners aren't back until the new year."

"I don't think you're quite understanding me. This is a literal health and safety hazard. We're talking rats, festering rotting food, risk of bacterial infection...all those delightful things. When is this going to get sorted? And don't give me the "cleaners aren't in until the new year" crap. I don't get 2 weeks off at Xmas."

"The cleaner's aren't-"

"I give up."

LMNO

They gave then entire cleaning staff the same two weeks off?

That's insane.

Cain

It's a holdover, from when this place was a boarding school.

Basically, the problem is one specific school within the wider corporate structure owns this building, while 3 different schools have their students here.  The owner school shuts down over Xmas, with the students leaving.  With the students gone, there is no need for the cleaning staff.

However, the other two colleges have 18+ age students, who are not required to leave.  Furthermore, many are Chinese and so are not especially concerned about going home for Xmas.

However, the cleaners are employed by the one school that closes down during the holiday period, not the two that remain open or the broader corporate parent company.  So...

minuspace

Harumph.  Anxiety poisons well on home front.
Philistines reacting the only way they know. 
Muses scattered back from whence they came. 
Litter of rats beckoning through kitchen walls
And bathroom stalls.
Yet this remains a beautiful day, insane?
Repeating all that ever was so good before
Overcoming difference, like a shit-house runt.