News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I just booked flights to NOLA for Jazzfest this spring.

I may not have won the lottery, but I am still incredibly happy.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Meunster on January 14, 2016, 08:10:22 AM
Quote from: Xaz on January 13, 2016, 01:38:31 PM
Quote from: Meunster on January 13, 2016, 01:28:39 PM
Wait. Pepper spray is banned in the uk?

What are pointy sticks banned too?

If you are thought to be carrying it about with intent to use as a weapon then yes, I think they are...

What's next? no closed fists. You might be preparing to hit someone.
The Brits don't need pepper spray with such an abundance of billiard balls and tube socks.

That and Junkenstein's ancestral crowbar.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

So, after the shitfest on FB, I thought I'd share this for some laughs:

http://www.thelocal.de/20160113/crime-rates-different-north-africa-syria-migrants

QuoteA study begun by Cologne police in 2014 which looked at which refugees committed a crime within a year of their arrival showed stark variations from between different countries of origin.

Whereas only 0.5 percent of Syrians were suspected of a crime within 12 months of their arrival, 40 percent of those coming from the Maghreb got into trouble with police.

Only asylum seekers from the Balkan region were as likely to have broken the law in equivalent numbers.

As you may remember, the tard was angling for all Muslim (men) to be deported.

Pæs

Quote from: Faust on January 14, 2016, 11:40:48 AM
Quote from: Meunster on January 14, 2016, 08:10:22 AM
Quote from: Xaz on January 13, 2016, 01:38:31 PM
Quote from: Meunster on January 13, 2016, 01:28:39 PM
Wait. Pepper spray is banned in the uk?

What are pointy sticks banned too?

If you are thought to be carrying it about with intent to use as a weapon then yes, I think they are...

What's next? no closed fists. You might be preparing to hit someone.
I know its hard to put it in context when you live in a place that cant go three months without a school shooting
Shots fired! Only not, because of sensible policy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 14, 2016, 04:45:26 PM

http://www.thelocal.de/20160113/crime-rates-different-north-africa-syria-migrants

QuoteA study begun by Cologne police in 2014 which looked at which refugees committed a crime within a year of their arrival showed stark variations from between different countries of origin.

Whereas only 0.5 percent of Syrians were suspected of a crime within 12 months of their arrival, 40 percent of those coming from the Maghreb got into trouble with police.

Only asylum seekers from the Balkan region were as likely to have broken the law in equivalent numbers.

Thank you, Cain! I'm going to need that link.

I missed the shitfest on your page, I got the bronchitis and have been too drugged up.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on January 14, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
I just booked flights to NOLA for Jazzfest this spring.

I may not have won the lottery, but I am still incredibly happy.

That's awesome!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 15, 2016, 06:24:29 AM

I missed the shitfest on your page, I got the bronchitis and have been too drugged up.

It was funny, but you didn't really miss out on too much.  It was basically 100+ comments of "no but you're the real Nazi for trivializing the Holocaust" and backpedling/shifting the goalposts about deporting all Muslim men.

I am interested why refugees from those two areas show the most on the police radar.  I can think of a few reasons, mostly relating to the organized crime syndicates in those regions, who likely human traffic people out in return for some drug smuggling on the side.  Once they arrive....well, they're in debt.  Ladies get into the brothels, guys get on the street corners.  But there are likely other causes too.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 15, 2016, 01:32:13 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 15, 2016, 06:24:29 AM

It was funny, but you didn't really miss out on too much.  It was basically 100+ comments of "no but you're the real Nazi for trivializing the Holocaust" and backpedling/shifting the goalposts about deporting all Muslim men.

I am interested why refugees from those two areas show the most on the police radar.  I can think of a few reasons, mostly relating to the organized crime syndicates in those regions, who likely human traffic people out in return for some drug smuggling on the side.  Once they arrive....well, they're in debt.  Ladies get into the brothels, guys get on the street corners.  But there are likely other causes too.

It is definitely interesting, and if you unpack any more about why the crime rates for those refugees is high I'd love to hear it.

Yesterday I had to explain to a guy that saying that all Muslims are horrible to women is as true as saying that all Christians or all Atheists are horrible to women. I know and work with a lot of Muslims, and they are mostly progressive Muslims who are concerned about social justice, by virtue of their participation in academia... there aren't a lot of socially repressive, misogynistic types in the university system. I work with chemists, biologists, social workers, and engineers who wear a hijab. I work with feminist Muslim men. Saying that it's "built into their culture" is not good enough.

Cain

Nah, you can totally imply half a billion people share a monolithic culture of rape, irrespective of national origins, political ideology etc and purely based on shared religion.  It just makes sense.

It's why everywhere from Kosovo to Kazakhstan to Indonesia is pretty much the same.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 15, 2016, 10:00:16 PM
Nah, you can totally imply half a billion people share a monolithic culture of rape, irrespective of national origins, political ideology etc and purely based on shared religion.  It just makes sense.

It's why everywhere from Kosovo to Kazakhstan to Indonesia is pretty much the same.

:horrormirth:

Cain

Trivial

Has anyone ever stumbled upon a co-worker living at the office?  I mean an office-office, not a home based thing.

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Trivial <insert joke> on January 17, 2016, 12:11:59 AM
Has anyone ever stumbled upon a co-worker living at the office?  I mean an office-office, not a home based thing.

Never a coworker, but I have known it to happen. Usually temporarily.

Cain

I've suspected it, but I actually just think my coworkers have no lives and so are happy to come into the office and order kebabs, even when they're on holiday leave.