News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

brain stop please

Started by Meunster, November 16, 2015, 09:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meunster

Dear Brain.

Today you've really been making me want to feel loved. Cut that shit out will you? I enjoy being hateful, political, nihilistic, and an all around asshole. Granted, I swap from extreme to extreme quickly. So while I do enjoy the occasional feeding the homeless and letting them use my shower, I also enjoy filling up their change cups with foreign money. But really, stop your feely bullshit. It's a waste of time to actively search for love with goals like to find a soul mate, or to find a friend. Cause you can't force those things. I just have to keep doing what I'm doing, and eventually someone will roll along that I click with. So stop making me feel so alone. I talk to people for a few hours each day. I'm socially adjusted. I hope.

Not my fault that there are only so many people like me. Well kinda is, because I pursue things away from the bell curve, but you'll be damned before I compromise myself just for some cheap cuddles or love.
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Meunster on November 16, 2015, 09:32:03 AM
Dear Brain.

Today you've really been making me want to feel loved. Cut that shit out will you? I enjoy being hateful, political, nihilistic, and an all around asshole. Granted, I swap from extreme to extreme quickly. So while I do enjoy the occasional feeding the homeless and letting them use my shower, I also enjoy filling up their change cups with foreign money. But really, stop your feely bullshit. It's a waste of time to actively search for love with goals like to find a soul mate, or to find a friend. Cause you can't force those things. I just have to keep doing what I'm doing, and eventually someone will roll along that I click with. So stop making me feel so alone. I talk to people for a few hours each day. I'm socially adjusted. I hope.

Not my fault that there are only so many people like me. Well kinda is, because I pursue things away from the bell curve, but you'll be damned before I compromise myself just for some cheap cuddles or love.

It's so funny, because you're almost on the right track.

Almost.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

It's not a waste of time to actively search for a partner, or a friendship. In fact, being proactive greatly enhances your chance of succeeding in finding them.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nast

I think really common pitfalls when searching for a relationship are: 1) Having inflated hopes about where the relationship will go, and being disappointed when it doesn't turn out that way. We all have a mental roadmap of where we imagine relationship will take us in life. When we meet someone, our mind races to imagine what future will be like with this person. I'm pretty sure this tendency is just natural for us humans, and not necessarily bad at all. But we have to realize that it's just a map, not reality. Of course this doesn't make our disappointments any less painful...but we can be more aware of what is relationship reality and what are just hopes being projected onto reality.

And 2) is viewing every relationship that didn't work out as a "failure". I'm not saying that you ever used that phrase or that perhaps think that way, but it's thing that I've noticed is common in our society and is incredibly negative and unhelpful. Just because a relationship doesn't last forever, or doesn't turn out cookie cutter perfect, does not make it a failure.

Like you said, you just have to keep talking to people and being sociable. I think it's definitely possible to reign in expectations without giving up completely.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nast

Also, perhaps you would be more attractive to others if you refrained from being an all-around asshole.

Chaos_Zebra

Brain Fart Vapours Rising Smoke Ascending Hydrogen Burning The Good Reverend Rogers Penis Burning With The Hatred of 10,000 Suns.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Listen to Nast. Nast has it right.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chaos_Zebra

Nast is Lonely Pervert wants You To be Just like Nast We Are Seperate Entities.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Chaos_Zebra on November 17, 2015, 01:37:56 PM
Brain Fart Vapours Rising Smoke Ascending Hydrogen Burning The Good Reverend Rogers Penis Burning With The Hatred of 10,000 Suns.

They are my people, and I am their king.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nast on November 17, 2015, 05:08:35 AM
Also, perhaps you would be more attractive to others if you refrained from being an all-around asshole.

You know how this is going to end.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Meunster

Quote from: Nast on November 17, 2015, 05:08:35 AM
But I want to find someone who is as much of an asshole as me, so we can be assholes together.
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2015, 03:46:16 PM
Quote from: Chaos_Zebra on November 17, 2015, 01:37:56 PM

They are my people, and I am their king.

I almost said something, because, again.

Meunster

And stop messing with my stomach.  Yeah, i know I'm making big life choices that could fuck up and I'm nervous over every little thing, but that doesn't mean you have to wrench my guts like this. Just chill til a problem occurs then I'll fix it, I shouldn't be feeling like I fucked up before I've even fucked up.
Poe's law ;)

Freeky

Quote from: Chaos_Zebra on November 17, 2015, 01:49:41 PM
Nast is Lonely Pervert wants You To be Just like Nast We Are Seperate Entities.

Bro, go fuck yourself.  Nast is a totally sweet and awesome character, and you're a shitbag.

Meunster

Brain, I know you're feeling cuddly and striving for love, but can you cut it with the dreams about her. Why are you doing this after a year? It's pathetic.  I'll go make a tinder or plenty of fish account if you're that desperate for someone to hold us.  Just cut it with these dreams. Though tbh, the one where I was the lone wanderer was fun, do more of those.
Poe's law ;)