Author Topic: brain stop please  (Read 3814 times)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
  • The sky tastes like red exuberance.
    • View Profile
Re: brain stop please
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 04:39:15 pm »
Have you considered getting therapy? I'm not (just) being a dick, therapy really can help a lot and you seem to have a lot of inner conflict around vulnerability.

Speaking of which, have you seen Brene Brown's great talk on vulnerability?

https://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability?language=en

Have a look at Amy Cuddy while you're at it:

https://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_shapes_who_you_are?language=en

And of course, because so many people struggle with this, Kathryn Schultz:

https://www.ted.com/talks/kathryn_schulz_on_being_wrong?language=en

Being lonely is really hard, on a lot of levels. It can make people really neurotic. I think that a host of psychological ills arise from inadequate social support.
Im guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk, Charles Wick said. It was very complicated.

Meunster

• Not really that
  • Outlandish
  • SPAG
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 04:42:07 pm »
I'll check them out afterwork.

Thanks
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 05:19:38 pm »
YW.
Im guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk, Charles Wick said. It was very complicated.

Meunster

• Not really that
  • Outlandish
  • SPAG
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 06:15:24 am »
ALCHOLICS DONT DREAM.
Poe's law ;)

Meunster

• Not really that
  • Outlandish
  • SPAG
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 06:15:43 am »
NEITHER DO IMSONIACS.
Poe's law ;)

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2015, 02:02:21 am »

I friggin' loved this one, and I'm glad you reposted it. 
If someone does the Fine, youre right, Im clearly a terrible person, Im Satan, Im the worst person alive, I should just die thing in response to criticism of their harmful behavior, they are trying to manipulate people and flip the situation around so that they look like a victim.

As a neuroscientist I have to disagree with the perception that anyone is doing mathematical modeling of cognitive intelligence, yet; intelligence as an economist defines it, yes, but economists are worlds away from actual cognition.

Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial in

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2015, 04:06:49 pm »

I friggin' loved this one, and I'm glad you reposted it.

She's AWESOME.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2015, 04:08:24 pm »
Cacioppo is not the most compelling speaker, but his work inspires me tremendously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0hxl03JoA0

Meunster

• Not really that
  • Outlandish
  • SPAG
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2015, 09:19:34 pm »
Great,  so all my problems are because I'm lonely.  And I've been regressing to a shit poster because my only friend is in jail.
Great.
Poe's law ;)

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 11:54:08 pm »
Go check out therapy, like Nigel suggested.  Even look at group stuff, make more friends and the like.
If someone does the Fine, youre right, Im clearly a terrible person, Im Satan, Im the worst person alive, I should just die thing in response to criticism of their harmful behavior, they are trying to manipulate people and flip the situation around so that they look like a victim.

As a neuroscientist I have to disagree with the perception that anyone is doing mathematical modeling of cognitive intelligence, yet; intelligence as an economist defines it, yes, but economists are worlds away from actual cognition.

Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial in

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2015, 03:56:50 pm »
Great,  so all my problems are because I'm lonely.  And I've been regressing to a shit poster because my only friend is in jail.
Great.

https://www.ted.com/talks/guy_winch_the_case_for_emotional_hygiene?language=en

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2015, 09:54:16 pm »
Great.

Boohoo.  I work three nights out of every six and then when I'm not working, I'm studying.  Social life, friends...what are those?

Amazingly, I manage to not shitpost everywhere.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

• v=1/3πr2h
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2015, 10:39:51 pm »
Great.

Boohoo.  I work three nights out of every six and then when I'm not working, I'm studying.  Social life, friends...what are those?

Amazingly, I manage to not shitpost everywhere.

Yeah, but you also have a purpose to your life and a drive to achieve your goals. As far as I can tell, this kid has no goals and hasn't found any purpose or drive in his life yet.

I'm not really sure whether he's trolling or not. But then I figure, if he is trolling, what is he laughing about? "HAHAHA, I tricked Nigel into being supportive and compassionate!"

Yeah, how embarrassing.

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2015, 12:30:30 am »
This is true.

Meunster, do a post-grad degree.  Your life will become a remorseless hell of reading and studying to the point you won't care about being lonely.